• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished "Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare for English class. It was allright, but I'm not suddenly going to go out and read all of his plays.

The Handmaid's Tale by, um... Margaret Atwood, I think? I'm reading a bunch of dystopian stuff for my English "class".

I've read it already. ;D I'm the cheapo who reads so fast and goes on such little allowance that she has to reread books. A lot. (Thank Arceus for school library! ;3)

Just started Witch Week earlier. It's pretty good.

The Handmaid's Tale by, um... Margaret Atwood, I think? I'm reading a bunch of dystopian stuff for my English "class".

AAAAAAH that book scared the crap outta me ._.

I'm rereading Affinity by Sarah Waters because I have my own copy now :)

Okay, now I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye (J. D. Salinger). I kept putting it off for some reason but it's pretty cool so-far.
I finished To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) a couple of days ago (again, kept putting it off) and it is absolutely brilliant.

After Catcher, I'll read Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde (Moíses Kauffman), The Browning Version (Terrence Rattigan), Cookie (Jacqueline Wilson (shame shame, but I do like her books :v)), Little Children (Tom Perrotta) and if I feel like it I'll give Boudica a go, too.
Hahaha I have far too many books to read. I still want to buy Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men (John Steinbeck), One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey) and The Married Man (Edmund White).
Pissed off because my mum actually has The Married Man (to my immense surprise), but it turns out she bought the Portuguese translation. And I try to read books in the language they were written as much as possible, so that saddened me.

Oh oh oh, I also want to read Maus (Art Spiegelman) but that's a comic. Aaaand I want to give Goebbels' Diaries a spin but they're a pain in the ass to find. They cost lots of money on Amazon too ugggh

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami.

Nearly done. After that, I shall start The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin (just the other day I was wondering if there was any good vampire literature in the vaguely near past; surely GRRM can deliver!)

This morning I woke and felt like reading Harry Potter so... Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I change. Again.

Right now, I'm in the middle of No Child's Game by Andrea White. I think it's a very well thought out story, about some kids simulating an expedition to the Antarctic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom