• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm nearly done with Talking with Serial Killers and so I'll be able to completly focus on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest soon. After I'm done with that I'll probably read A Perfect Waiter (Alain Claude Sulzer) and The World of Jeeves (P.G. Wodehouse). I bought both books today.
Yes, even knowing I still had one and a half book left.
I just can't resiiiist

I'm attempting to read Through the Looking Glass, Breakfast of Champions, AND The Freedom Writer's Diary at the same time right now, heh.

Breakfast of Champions is freaking confusing.

... And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand by Louise Rennison. I'm such a book snob, obviously. P:

Just finished Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher- now bored out of my mind, but somewhat satisfied.

Going to start Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.

We're reading The Merchant of Venice in school but i'm reading "and everybody lived" by steven richards.

Image of the Invincible by Alex Reynolds & Sleeper by James Moran.

Sleeper has given me nightmares. I'm on the bit where they activate the sleeper agents and Jack is stabbed by Dyfred Potter as a sleeper.

We're reading To Kill a Mockingbird in English.
Awesome book alert.

I just finished reading A Perfect Waiter and Christ, it's powerful and beautifully written (the bits where Erneste stands in the corridor of his apartment building crying after he receives Jakob's second letter and the whole two pages of him getting beaten up nearly made me cry) but it's so depressing. Fuck Jakob and Klinger forever.
The ending took me completely by surprise, too. It's a beautiful book and I really wonder why it hasn't been publicized more.
YOU SHOULD ALL READ IT despite the gay content.

I'm reading Paper Towns again. I'm trying to read all of the books I checked out from the library before I get new ones. I have to read The Poisonwood Bible for English. It's interesting, but not what I'm in the mood for. Interesting nonetheless.

I'm reading Mariel of Redwall by Brian Jacques. I'm too lazy to describe it, but all the Redwall books are awesome so far. This is the 4th one.

Pssh; gay content's not a warning, it's an advertisment!

I'm researching for three essays at the moment, so if I made a list of "stuff I'm reading", it'd be really long, boring and have lots of "globalisation" in.

Globalisation? Not so bad. Last time I visited my sister her room was full of books on the holocaust and genocide in general. Lovely class, that was.

I'm still reading The Poisonwood Bible because I only read it at school. I finished Paper Towns yesterday and have started Boys Adrift. It's about the generation of unmotivated and underachieving and young men and what you can do help. The boys they talk about remind me of people I know in school.

Also, I have an essay and speech to write and a test coming up so I'm doing a lot of reading for those.

In school, I'm reading Frankenstein (personally, it kinda bores me) for English class.

By myself, I got Watership Down from the local library. Great story, let me tell you. ... Even though I'm not even halfway dooone. I forgot when it was due. Hopefully not too soon. I'm still on page 178 of almost 500. I'll probably watch the movie afterwards.

I think it might become my favorite; above To Kill a Mockingbird and (The) Outsiders. (lawl that book ... DON'T DO IT, JOHNNY)

Edit: Watership Down - Richard Adams
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton

I also tried to read Howl's Moving Castle a few months ago, but I fell behind and hit the due date anyway.

Finished all my non-fictiony stuff on godless morality, pessimism and religion and although I loved them and they were very interesting... I'm happy to get back into my fiction reading routine.

Rereading the brilliant Noughts and Crosses series, now on Checkmate (Malorie Blackman).

I lovelovelove Malorie Blackman <3

I'm finally reading Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which I've been wanting to read for absolutely ages. I borrowed it off my friend and it's absolutely brilliant thus far.

I'm rereading the Saga of Darren Shan series. I read through books too fast so i'll have all 12 books done in a week most likely. I'm currently on The Vampire's Assistant & Tunnels of Blood, 2 of my favourites from the series. Also i'm still reading Sleeper. (Damn its fucking awesome.) and reading Skypoint occasionally.
skypoint.jpg

the atrocity exhibition is what i'm reading now.

i finally finished it. i didn't know what happened some of the time, but i really liked it. especially with the annotations; who knew that the republican party would use a chapter describing ronald reagan's sexuality to enhance his subliminal appeal in the 1980 election?

i also read of mice and men by john steinbeck in the meantime. it was kind of a lazy read, but it was enjoyable regardless.

i will start kerouac's on the road tomorrow. hopefully i will read pretty far in it; my history teacher wanted me to read it before he talked about beats in class and i really want to meet that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom