• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What really annoys you about the Pokemon Anime?

Everything. End of story. Or, that's my opinion, the only good thing about Pokemon is the games. And the fandom. Fandom is good, most of the time.

Everything. End of story. Or, that's my opinion, the only good thing about Pokemon is the games.

That's pretty much my opinion right there.

(Have to disagree about the fandom, though. Fandoms in general are scary and bad.)

The lack of an original plot for EVERY episode.

The makers of Pokemon need to watch things like Digimon for an original, yet continual plot.

Every post you make involves Digimon in some way.
Actually, some of the earlier episodes actually had an original plot. The Tower of Terror, anyone?

This:

-"We join our heroes in [INSERT ENVIRONMENT HERE]"
-"We're lost!"
-"Pika!"
-"Hey, look, a [POKEMON]!"
-*Thunderdeath, Pokeball*
-"Hey, stop, that's my [POKEMON]!"
-"Oh, sorry."
-"What's up?"
-"I have a problem. [PROBLEM GOES HERE]"
-"Can we help?"
-"No."
-*Helps anyway*
-"WHO'S THAT POKEMON? IT'S [POKEMON]!"
-"Oooh, look at that [POKEMON], Jesse!"
-"Let's steal it!"
-*Machine goes and gets [POKEMON]*
-"Hey, stop! Pikachu, thundershock/thunderbolt/thunder/iron tail!
-"Pika!"
-*zap*
-"Looks like we're blasting off again!"
-"Thanks for saving [POKEMON], Ash!"
-"Your welcome, we learned [MORAL LESSON]."
-"Yeah, me too. I hope we'll see each other again!"
-"You can count on it!"
-"Look's like Ash's got another rival!"
-*They never see each other again*

Other Annoyances:

-Pikachu must be around, what, level 243 or something? And Ash doesn't win all his battles in .2 seconds?
-The ever-masterful disguises of TR.
-New voices
-It had the potential to be good after the first season or three, but then went downhill.

Digimon is not original.

Wtaching the first series when I was like 5 I got bored of the same plot used for like the first 7 episodes (and then apparently for a lot longer. )

Woah, the main chaarcter gets the first episode, an evil digimon possessed by a gear is wrecking havoc to a village or something and then someone for no reason becomes a hero and digivolves miraculously, when I was 5 I could tell this, and got sick of it

Oh, about Digimon, I won't say that the plot of the first seven or eight episodes were the best. In fact, it was downright repetitive, but later on the plot shaped up and turned much more original. You've made a mistake when the first seven episodes of your anime are filler, but at least it got better later.

Last edited:
oh okay, my mistake, thats jsut what I remembered from when I was little, I hated those episodes, did'nt want to watch the rest of the series

Well, thankfully for me, I was too young when I first saw the episodes and didn't realize they were all in sequence like that, so I just watched more. Around the teens it starts to get much better IMO.

Honestly, I think the show started to go downhill after the first, maybe the second, season. I think it's mostly because they had one season for Kanto (and one for the Orange Islands), but streched out Johto and Hoenn for three each, and the number of repetitive fillers just didn't make it worth watching any more.

Of course, this could be bias on my part, because scientific studies have shown that 10-year-olds enjoy shows aimed at 10-year-olds more than 19-year-olds do.*

*Okay, no they haven't. But I bet they would.

everything past the first season sucked. :[

you know what I would *love*?
a high-budget anime that deals with another Pokemon storyline. Something with visuals on par with things like (for lack of broad knowledge of animes) Cowboy Bebop or Eureka Seven or some other visually pleasing series.
With more serious themes and more of an ongoing plot.

that is something I'd watch!
pastel colors and happy peppy kid-frendliness gets old fast

Last edited:
How bright and repetitive the battles are, especially when they ruin gym battles.

Probably the voice changes

TEAM ROCKET SUCK **********

I'm really bored about hearing their song. I'm very thankful when they get interrupted!

-Pikachu must be around, what, level 243 or something? And Ash doesn't win all his battles in .2 seconds?
-The ever-masterful disguises of TR.

lol at that and quoted for the truth.

Surely the kids aren't that stupid so they can't recognise a long red headed bitch and a whiny rich bastard. Also, how the **** can they mistake a talking Meowth that HAS whiskers for a person.

The Sinnoh motto doesn't make much sense to be honest.

They go from hearing voices to breakneck paces then to roses and sweetness, their annoying names then 'in your face' which I think is a bit too much.

Agreed with Xikaze; a spin-off would be awesome, though the change of style may be a bit too much.

Start the adventure off with Jimmy & Marina and with each new region change main characters. Also, epic story arcs ftw. Plus more bridged continuity between each episode.

The first few episodes of the Kanto season were the best, up to the exact point where Team Rocket reared their ugly mugs.

The first few episodes of the Kanto season were the best, up to the exact point where Team Rocket reared their ugly mugs.

Episode 2?

Also, some of the later ones in Kanto were good, too. Like the Island of Giant Pokemon and the S.S. Anne ones. And TR were okay until they got repetitive, anyway.

I think the main thing that annoys me is Team Rocket. I love them and all, but I hate how the writers feel like they need to shove them into every single episode. They're always forced into the action for no reason other than to be "the antagonist."

Also, a lot of Ash's battles consist of:
1. Battle begins.
2. Ash starts losing and is soon about to be finished.
3. Ash thinks of some weird strategy to make an unbelievable comeback and save the day!

Back
Top Bottom