• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would you call your hypothetical children?

Boys

Brian
Robert
Ryan
Drake
Jasper
Elliot
Jacob
Michael
Henry
Pikachu Jr.

Girls

Rose
Alice
Molly
Christina
Crystal
Rebecca

Boys

William
Lucius
Edgar
Matthew
Roy

Girls

Christine
Katherine
Elizabeth
Francisca (I'm going to marry a Spanish woman just so I can get away with this one :3)
Euphemia (okay maybe just as a middle name)

And that's just the list of first names. My children will despise me for their middle names. :D

I would name them SPAWN I, SPAWN II, SPAWN III, and so on, in order of their birth, and raise them as my own personal minions.

Hell, I'm not having kids. :P

Lmao I have a friend who says he's going to do that too :B

anyways. I dunno if I even want kids, and my cats are my babies anyway lol

Brian
Roger
Eric
Terry
Michael
Ryan
Jimmy (or James w/e)
Arnie

Alexandra
Xanda
Lucy
Jenny

ALL (except one) OF THE BOYS NAME ARE STOLEN WOOHOO. Jimmy's actually nicked from 4 different ones lmao

Girls:

Terra (I like that name.)
Katie (Not my actual name, but it's my alias on some websites because I like it.)
Sarah

Boys:

Axel (Wh-hoo!)
Chase
Lucas?
Artemis (Maybe)
Akagi (8D No.)

Never in my life will I call a child of mine James.

For a boy, probably Casper William or something. I really love the name Casper, even though the ghost thing kind of ruined it. ;_; William's very pretty. For a girl Willow Nina or Nina Willow. Probably not if the son's called William. XD William and Willow, no thanks.

...I used to have a huge list of names I was going to use but then I forget them all. ;_; I want to marry a Japanese guy JUST for the reason that I can go through months of deciding names with him not minding. ;D

You all are crazy and your kids will hate you forever.

Mine'd be like, Ben or Austin or Anthony, Paul or James or Noah. Or Vince. Vince is an awesome name. Or Marcus. Or Carver. Shut up.

Or for chicks, uh. Well. The girls can be lunch NO VERNE uh ok this is my one weird name CARRIGAN like the girl from casper? Err. I don't know. I haven't spent time thinking about girl names in a long time.

Let's just pretend the wife can't produce a female child.

If I could I would definitely have a boy named Dianne (until he figured it out, at which point we'd call him Danny) and a girl named Nikolai (shortened to Nikki. She'd probably care less. Chicks always do, and Nikolai is an ass-kicking name).

Murkrowfeather -- name your child Sarah and I will be at your door. Axe in hand (or large knife; I'll send you a survey via snail mail a few days previous). The angel of fuckin vengeance. The god of retribution. For all children who lived through the hell of Sarah-hood.

I think Nathan's a nice boy's name and I think Elisa and Marie are pretty girl's names, although my mum's name's Marie (it was Hilda, but she changed it because she hated it), so that could be confusing. Ruth and Alexandra are nice, too.

Haven't given this much thought, though.

I've always been fond of the names Lynn, Brooke, Terra, Kirby, Ralph, Xavier, Mimi, and Sharon, though I doubt I'll adopt more than two kids.

I will name my children with hashes of their birth time, latitude, longitude, and altitude

they will thus be uniquely distinguished from every other human being ever

Male

Leroy
Henry
Brian
Xavier
Robert
Homer
Eduardo
Seth
Axel
Jacob

Female

Iliana
Ruki
Stephanie
Athena
Bonnie
Natasha
Kiara
Jasmine
Maria
Hikari

(I just picked the first ten
male and female names that I could think of)

Male
Jude
Alexi
Tybalt (Yes he would hate me)
Whiskerandos (It is a name, and it is the greatest name in the world)
Christian (Not religious, I just love the name)
Sebastian

Female
Nikki
Alexis
Karen
Juliet (though I hope she wouldn't meet the same fate)

Florence (Florry, Flossy)
Dorothy (Polly, Dolly, Dotty)
Harriet or Henrietta (Hatty, Hetty, Henri)

I dislike most boys names, except

Eden (Ted, Teddy, Ned)
Noah
Rudolph or Randolph (Rudy)
These are also cool.
But I'm a sucker for old-fashioned names so.

My favorite names are those that can be shortened into silly old-fashioned nicknames. These are the names that I should be prepared to use as first names (I don't like all of the nicknames that I have put in brackets):

Eden (Ted, Teddy, Ned)
Noah
Rudolph or Randolph (Rudy)

I've always through of Eden as a girl's name. Granted, the only person I know of called Eden was female (Eden Espinosa who played Elphaba on Broadway/in LA).

And while we're on the subject of stupid fantardery, I've decided that I was far too lucid when naming names earlier and now that I'm suitably sleep-deprived I want a ton of kids from different races so I can name them all after RENT characters and force them to learn choreography for my own amusement.

I would call them Artemis regardless of gender, and hand them Artemis Fowl, when they're good enough to read it. Anyone born after that will be named with a list of names compiled with numbers by them, and a die. The list would be thus:
Male:
1. Ganon
2. Cormag
3. Reven
4. Lucius
5. Rin
6. Ike

Female:
1. Marisa
2. Limstella
3. Verina
4. Black Magia
5. Relina
6. Namine
Namine, Artemis, Reven, and Relina are my favorites, but I doubt I'll have children, so it doesn't really matter...

I will name my children with hashes of their birth time, latitude, longitude, and altitude

they will thus be uniquely distinguished from every other human being ever
"Hiya, I'm called Billy Bob, what's your name?"
"12309034100, but you can call me 1230 for short."

For Girls
Jasmine
Caitlin-Favorite
Lavender
Lily-Favorite
Sapphire
Crystal
For Boys
Lucas