• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your favourite breed of dog?

I'm normally not a dog person at all, but seriously:

Max_Bichon_Frise_01.jpg_w450.jpg

Bichon frise!

Rottweilers. Rottweilers Rottweilers omfg Rottweilers. Black and tan is the single most gorgeous dog coloration ever fff why don't all animals come like that

rottweiler_male8months.jpg

Rottweiler-Puppy-Photos.jpg

the faaaace

Dobermanns and other similarly-colored dogs are nice, too, but I just adore Rotties like what. There are at least two or three in my neighborhood and I want to steal them and keep them.

And it sucks that you were attacked, Danni, but difficult as it is you really shouldn't let one bad experience color your opinion of an entire breed. :( Rottweilers are the absolute sweetest dogs in the world as long as the owner has half an idea what he/she is doing and isn't a jackass. I was almost mauled by a huge Dobermann when I was nine, and I don't hold it against them--sure, the individual dog was a menace and I hope that wherever that family moved to they kept the damn thing under control, but it was just the one dog. :/

...actually, the only dogs that have done serious damage to me were small and annoying and yappy where the Dobie just knocked me down and was pulled off before he could eat me... I do dislike smaller dogs, although that's not so much because I've nearly had my hand gnawed off twice as it is because if I wanted something small that you can't roughhouse with I'd get a cat. :> I know, I know, they're still dogs but they're not fff dogs are supposed to be big.

German Shepherds! Always had a fetish for those. Our neighbour just got himself a puppeh, and I just want to squeal every time I see it!
The Dobermann and the American Bulldog are also on my want-list. But really, big dogs in general are awesome. Small ones are just a pest.

I don't know anything about dog breeds but our family used to look after a cocker spaniel (few weeks a year until he died) and he was the friendliest thing ever, really lovable.
dottie%20cocker%20spaniel.jpg

Looked exactly like that.

I like the name "doberman".. but pretty indifferent to the actual dogs.

^ Aw man, I love those dogs too! XD The person I used to babysit for had a really affectionate one.

I love the Labrador (Mostly Yellow and Chocolate but Blacks are okay!), Beagle, Dalmation, Siberian Husky, and Alaskan Malamute.

Most should know what these dogs look like. Except for the Malamute.

The Malamute is closely related ot the Siberian Husky and look like it.

Alaskan Malamute:
malamute.jpg

Siberian Husky:
siberian_husky.jpg

See why they are mistaken?

malamutes are larger and generally more aggressive. Huskies are kinder to strangers.

I like mutts. They are gererally cuter, a decent size (to big to fit in the vacuum, to small to allow me to go through the car-pool lane) and are most often healthier.
silly-mutt-dog.jpg

pete.jpg

Except for this one
|
|
V
sam-ugliest-dog.jpg

Eh. Cats are better anyway.

(^-,-^) <-- MEOW!

But, I'd have to say golden retrievers. Or Siberian Huskies.

Lucas, that last one is not a mutt. Most of the ugly dog contestants are chinese crested, and they tend to have prominent dental issues like that.

Australian Shepherds are one of the most loyal dogs in existence. You so much as sneeze and they're right there, nuzzling your hand and making sure you're okay. They're drop-dead gorgeous, too. And so athletic. And intelligent.

AustralianShepherdCodyFrisbee.jpg

australian-shepherd-picture.jpg

MiniatureAustralianShepherd2.jpg

Of course, I love West Highland White Terriers, too. My Westie is the sweetest dog I've ever known. She's got the terrier spirit without the aggression. She can be kind of ADD sometimes, though. Also, Westies are impossibly adorable.

WestieBrodieSitFullGrown.JPG

west-highland-white-terrier-0097.jpg

1140676.jpg

Oh my god I KNOW! Small dogs are terrible, they're like cats but louder. Big dogs plz. <3

Aww, come on now. The only reason small dogs are worse is that they tend to be owned by idiots who use them as substitutes for children and spoil them. Under the hands of a competent dog owner, they're no different than large dogs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom