• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why do people dislike Americans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was born here, Harlequin. America got its benefits and it has its problems, just like any other country. I actually love the rights I have as an American, yet I cannot say I have every right. Also, I don't really trust American Politics.

It's perfectly normal to hate where you're from, it's why people emigrate. Do you think someone from Togo or Burkina Faso or Niger loves their country, with rampant famine, bad weather, droughts (ok, so Burkina Faso is the Land of Honest Men, so they don't count here), corruption, etc?

You think the Uzbeks love their government? Or the Iranians?

Or, to stay a little closer to home? The Belgians? The French? Do you know how many Americans have moved somewhere else because they were disenchanted with their life there?

People have every right to hate their country. I don't hate the US, but I sure as fuck understand why people would not want to live in the US. Because, I wouldn't either!

Do you know how many Romanians emigrate each year to find a job outside of Romania because their country is poor and corrupt and awful? How many of them take up shit jobs somewhere else like in Spain or Germany or England or the Netherlands just because they will earn marginally less shit wages with a normal social health care system?

Cause most of us Americans are people who eat nothing but hamburgers and are mean to the rest of the world. And we play bloody video games.

Arceus I wish I was from Cardiff or something. You Brits actually have good food that isn't McDonald's.

BTW, I did take this from Hetalia and take my word for it other people, it is true. I think hamburgers make people jerks or something. Just like tomatoes make people hetare(useless). *shot*

Cause most of us Americans are people who eat nothing but hamburgers and are mean to the rest of the world. And we play bloody video games.

Arceus I wish I was from Cardiff or something. You Brits actually have good food that isn't McDonald's.

BTW, I did take this from Hetalia and take my word for it other people, it is true. I think hamburgers make people jerks or something. Just like tomatoes make people hetare(useless). *shot*
are you serious

Which is even better than McDonalds. Mmm, British curry is the best curry.

And I don't understand how a full English breakfast can be disgusting. Like really.

We have good food :( it's mostly comfort food but that doesn't mean it isn't good! I like British food. Sunday roasts, English breakfasts, stews and so on and so forth. also, Welsh cakes <3

Chipshop curry isn't from India, man.
They don't have chipshops in India.
We simply reverse-engineered perfection~

I've wondered this a bit... I'm not sure. Production wise, the U.S. is the top country in the world, and as far as wars go, we're virtually undefeated (save for vietnam and a couple others.) Jealousy is what I can imagine, but I don't quite know if that's accurate. Also, certain countries do feel some animosity towards us because of certain was (I think.) Possibly might be religion? We're kind of a melting pot as far as that's concerned, while some countries are uniform... Also, I believe (this might not be true) that some countries view us as living in luxury, while they're worse off as far as living standards go.

Really, I can't say why as I'm from the U.S. and have never hated where I live... I really don't know.

Why would the citizens of a country be jealous of another country's production? lol
It's because your politics are a joke, your people - as a whole - are very easily shepherded towards the worst (and most profitable) decisions, and all those fucking war films that are all 'oh god america is awesome i just blew my load in my pants AMERICA!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!'.
It's... Not really hard to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom