• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Biggest "Fail" Moment in a Video Game

Oh god, I just remembered one.

Playing Spider and Web, and I couldn't reach the open panel on the ceiling. I tried everything I could think of, then looked up a guide.

The command I wanted was jump. Way to go, self.

You. Are. My. Twin.

I did that too. And now I do that every time I restart Crystal, just in memory.

=O I thought I was the only one that did that!

That's not my most epic fail moment though...

It'd have to be when I was playing Super Mario World with my old friend, (yeah I'm a bit of a retro gamer. =) I still have a working SNES) and I was foolishly bragging about how good I was at it. Of course, that was back when I used to brag... anyway, I had just started the second level, which was the easiest one in the game. I ran, grabbed the shell, jumped up, released it too early, and crashed into a koopa and died. T_T

Once I was playing on my DS, and I closed it to put it in sleep mode. Later I opened ot and pressed the power button out of habit and lost all of my recent progress.

Second, in PMD1, I turned the game off to skip the credits, since it worked in the main series games. I turned on the game to find that I was at the midpoint in Sky Tower,
and I had to go through nine evil floors and beat Rayquaza again.

And I have a bad habit of not saving. In Pokemon Ranger 2, I went to beat Lucario and lost. I restarted in Crystal Cave, I believe. I was angry.

Dying on the first goomba in Super Mario Brothers.
Then dying on the first gap on my second life.

I kid you not. Happened about a year ago, at my friend's house.

And I was sober.

Not that I've ever been drunk before.
>.>

Forgot to do a barrel roll

Probably when I kept trying to make Link jump in OoT.

Not to mention when I hugged my DS and it shut off. :c

Super Mario Bros 3
I ran straight into a goomba on level 1! Not even tried to jump away
or when i found latios
Me: Bro i found latios! Now what!?
Bro: Do not run
Me:*runs away*
bolth are equally fail

It took me four days to figure out how to enter the fire Temple in Phantom Hourglass. I can think of several ways of lighting torches, but blowing them out is such an alien concept in a Zelda game! XD So I was stuck there until I found out that there was a microphone and blew. And then beat the temple in twenty minutes and froze up in the Temple of the Ocean King because timers + enemies that stalk you kind of freak me out. :P

Uhh, I was playing Mitadake High earlier.
There was a guy role-playing as a guy who was studying to become a detective. I'd spoken to him earlier and he seemed like a nice guy. Later on, I ran into him again. He asked me for my name and homeroom. Now, for some reason I didn't suspect him at all. Even though it was in normal mode, I didn't think about the possibility of the Death Note having spawned, so what did I do? I gave him my name.
I then heard the tell-tale sound of the Death Note being opened and written in so I politely told him I was going to be on my way, went to the bathroom, went into a cubicle and wrote "Good-bye cruel world" on a piece of paper before suffering from a heart attack and dying.

Damn, I'm stupid.

I just remembered another one!

Alright, in Pokemon Crystal (again), my Croconaw learned Fury Cutter. But I accidentally erased Bite in the process.

Yeah, that's right. I had to go through the whole game WITHOUT BITE!!! D:

I somehow still beat the Elite Four, though. :/

Ah, I just had a big one. I was playing TLoZ: A Link to the Past and I was in the first dungeon. I had found the room in which you get the big key, the one with all of the enemys, right? It took me so long to figure out how to take down that armoured foe. I used bombs on him, but they were exceptionaly hard to hit him with. After dozens of trips back outside of the dungeon to buy more bombs I realized that I could just throw one of the pots in the room at it to kill it. I felt so stupid. X3

Ah, I just had a big one. I was playing TLoZ: A Link to the Past and I was in the first dungeon. I had found the room in which you get the big key, the one with all of the enemys, right? It took me so long to figure out how to take down that armoured foe. I used bombs on him, but they were exceptionaly hard to hit him with. After dozens of trips back outside of the dungeon to buy more bombs I realized that I could just throw one of the pots in the room at it to kill it. I felt so stupid. X3

xD I remember doing that the first time I ever played it lol. A Link to the Past is so awesome...

Fail moment for me...? I was playing Tales of VS earlier this afternoon, and I seemed to be having difficulty comboing with Shing...

Oh yeah, I was playing Mega Man 2 with my friend a few hours ago, and I had started Metal Man's stage. But I was eating a gyro, and started to take a bit, thus forgetting about the conveyor belts in the stage, and I looked up at the screen, only to see Mega Man fall of down the pit, with me screaming, "Oh, fuck! I totally forgot about those! I hate being hungry!"

Of course, this ended with my friend dying in laughter because of my hilarious death.

I played Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and got to a boss called Mega Titan (or Metal Titan, I'm not sure), and I kept trying to kill it, but none of Kirby's attacks could hurt it. I didn't realize that the only way to beat it was to make it run into the electric wall until after I had, with many lost lives, somehow beaten it. XC

I played Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and got to a boss called Mega Titan (or Metal Titan, I'm not sure), and I kept trying to kill it, but none of Kirby's attacks could hurt it. I didn't realize that the only way to beat it was to make it run into the electric wall until after I had, with many lost lives, somehow beaten it. XC

1. Metal Titan

2. I to had the same problem.

3. My epic fail is when in call of duty world at war I ran into the same gernade about 24 times, and when I make it past I got blown up by another gernade that took me back to before the first gernade.

4. Am I spelling gernade right?

ロケット団;318451 said:
another one was in final fantasy IX when your spoused to split up your team i sent all the magic users to the wrong island and got stuck in that game >.< i normaly get stuck in rpgs and stop playing them.

I sent Vivi to Oeilvert at first but then I realised, yeah, he's useless without magic and I should leave him behind for the Desert Palace. But then I restarted and sent Amarant, Freya and Steiner instead.

I've been playing this game called Elona for a little while. In Elona, there is a mode you can activate in the console called Wizard mode. The only differences between Wizard mode and normal mode that I know of are 1)Your character's title is changed to *debug*, 2)You can look at any character's stats and skills (normally you can only view your own character's stats), and 3)You can wish for anything at any time. In the game, your character gets a house. I like to decorate my house, putting in rooms, carpets, gene altering equipment, etc. So, there's a bathroom in my character's house. So naturally, I wished for 2 toilets to be in there. However, in the magical world of Elona, toilets act like wells or fountains; you can drink from them. Drinking from wells, fountains, or toilets have varied effects. Your stats could be increased! Or nothing could happen. Or maybe your spunky rabbit companion will drink out of the toilet AND UNLEASH HELLSPAWN INTO YOUR HOME. And then get himself killed. Which is exactly what happened. Afterwards, I had to empty the contents of both toilets in order to prevent that from happening again. Which caused my character to mutate several times.

So here's the lesson kids: never drink from toilets unless you want monsters to come into your house and rend the flesh from your bones. Because that is exactly what will happen.

A "fail" moment, but also somewhat of a "durr" moment. :D

I was effort training my Espeon when I got to 106 Speed effort, and for a moment, I forgot what the number 6 looked like. :P I was sitting there for a minute or two trying to remember.

I don't know how much I've "failed," though, other than various things that I did when I first started playing Pokemon, that I now can't remember...

Well, my character in Morrowind has really high acrobatics, so i can make huge jumps without taking damage. I was playing Fallout 3 at a friends house, and because of my memories of Morrowind, I thought that I could jump my character off a 20 foot ledge and survive. A few seconds after I jumped I heard a crunching sound, followed by the camera panning out to show my character lying on the ground below, motionless. And I didn't save before this happened.

This isn't gameplay fail in the slightest, but...

When I first played FFVI, as soon as I got up to Figaro Castle I decided, "hey, it's Howl's Moving Castle! :D" So then, I met Edgar, and decided that the logical conclusion was that he was Howl. He had the hair for it and everything.

After wavering back and forth for a while, however, I decided to just leave him with his original name rather than actually rename him that. The game went on, and about two lines later he starts flirting with Terra.

Yeah, I kind of regretted not renaming him at that point...

Back
Top Bottom