• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Comfort Song

"Lullabye for a Story Night" by Vienna Teng, "Fine" by Lemon Demon and "Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty are all great for making me feel better, depending on in what way I'm feeling down.

"I Don't Love You" by MCR, "Elephant Gun" by Beirut, "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova/The Frames, "In Pieces" by Linkin Park, "Wake Up" by Three Days Grace, "I Miss You" by Blink 182 or "Sweet Dreams (are made of this)" by Marilyn Manson.

Either Disposition/Reflection or Wings for Marie/10,000 Days by Tool. They're just so epic and beautiful and <333333

It depends. If I want to just feel peacefully forward-lookingly hopeful/happy, then something from Mew (If you've never heard of them, DO IT NOW IT'S AWESOME), usually 156 or Am I Wry? No. Float On does this too, I guess. If I want to just get blissfully upbeat and happy and such, Kirby music or any sort of bouncy electronica like that works, or also Peter Schilling's Major Tom.

To dull sad things anything funny like Weird Al or Arrogant Worms works. Beatles songs always make me happier, too. In the 'simpler time' or 'is it really all that important' senses. Especially songs like Good Morning (I think that if everyone was woken up each morning to that song the world would be a better place. See this video for proof.) or Getting Better.

Heh, also, I guess, ska-punk usually makes me happy for some reason, although I don't know enough about the genre to name any particular songs or artists.

Sometimes when I'm feeling nerdy and depressed, I'll listen to video game music. My favorite song when I'm down is probably What I've Done (don't ask why).

Because of my slight perfectionist tendencies, "Falling For the First Time" by the Barenaked Ladies comforts me. Then I listen to any other upbeat song by them.

Come As You Are - Nirvana
Before I Forget - Slipknot
"Is This My Fate", He Asked Them - Story of the Year
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

I'm sure there are more, but I'm having a mind cramp right now -_-

For me it's whatever song I am absolutely addicted to at the moment, and that would be Teardrop by Massive Attack.

Gah, totally.

My comfort song is absolutely "All I Need" and "Idioteque" by Radiohead. I could listen to them for hours straight.

For me it's 99 luftballoons. I don't know why; it's just soothing to hear somebody singing in German about the world being blown up.

For me it's whatever song I am absolutely addicted to at the moment, and that would be Teardrop by Massive Attack.

Yeah, same for me. And, right now, it's Cannibal Buffet by Voltaire. Because, you know, things where people go missionary and then get eaten always make me happy.

Two for me
a nameless bgm from a game called rayman (saturn, PS1, anyone?)
and akwardly crawling by linkin park soothes me 0_0

Typically songs that are loud and intense with harsh vocals. Regardless of how much I normally like the song, it takes the place of me screaming.

Take This Life by In Flames is probably the most powerful anti-feelinglikeshit song for me.

Are You Dead Yet?, Trashed Lost and Strungout by Children of Bodom and Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth.

At one point I liked to listen to soft sad music but then I realized I'd just cry and feel worse, so I'd rather have music (however discordant) scream for me.

Back
Top Bottom