• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Favorite Guitarists?

Giraffes

Tangle In This Trampled Wheat
Title tells is simply enough. So go on and share. :D

---​

B.B. King - Sweet Sixteen (Live in '74)
My absolute favorite guitarist and "King of the Blues." This man doesn't play the guitar; he makes Lucille sing and scream. Probably the biggest influence on me musically.

Jimi Hendrix - Red House
There's no real arguing of it; Jimi Hendrix is the best guitarist out there. B.B. may be my favorite, but Jimi is just simply the best.

Kristian Matsson - Where Do My Bluebirds Fly
Know through his moniker "The Tallest Man on Earth" this man is my favorite artist. His voice, his lyrics, and his guitar playing all strike a chord with me like no other.

These guys make my top 3.

this is a good question. if you had asked me a few years ago, i could have told you without hesitation. my fourteen year old self would've told you Dave Mustaine, probably, while i'll say Claudio Sanchez. but yeah, i don't really pay attention to guitar virtuosos and the like.

She isn't a person but in fact a drawing. Her name is Noodle from the Gorillaz, and Murdock from the same group. Couldn't tell you what their real names are. *shrug*

Electric guitar;

Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro
Larry LeLonde from Primus
Blake Sennett from Rilo Kiley
Cliff Campbell from Fair to Midland
Joe Nicholson from Rolo Tomassi
Matt Bellamy from Muse
Regi "The Teacha" Wooten from the Wooten Brothers Band
John Frusciante formerly of Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rivers Cuomo from Weezer
Pete Roberts from People In Planes
Rory Friers and Tony Wright from And So I Watch You From Afar

Acoustic guitar;

Marcus Mumford from Mumford & Sons
Glen Hansard from the Frames
Seasick Steve from himself (for a given value of guitar)

Bass guitar;

VICTOR WOOTEN IS A BASS GOD
Les Claypool from Primus
Joseph Thorpe from Rolo Tomassi
Ollie Riedel from Rammstein
Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers

In no particular order:

Jeff Hanneman
Orianthi
K.K. Downing
Dave Mustaine
Matt Bellamy
Kirk Hammett
Michael Weikath
Herman Li
Timo Tolkki
Emppu Vourinen
Alexi Laiho
Kim Thayil
Eddie Van Halen
Yui Hirasawa

The beauty of David Gilmour is also that he actually is not one of those LOOK AT ME I PLAY SCALES AT 4000 BPM players. He plays with so much feel.

I like Joe Satriani. He's incredibly skilled and all, but he also shows a lot of knowledge in music theory. And he does incredible prog jams.

Ditto with Jeff Beck.

Honorable mention to Tom Morello for being able to use a guitar to make... whatever the fuck comes out of Tom Morello's guitars.

Aaron Fink - Breaking Benjamin
John Petrucci - Dream Theater
Daron Malakian - System of a Down

Honorable mention for Billie Joe, Dave Mustaine, Claudio, and Lemmy from Motörhead.

i would have to say dimebag darrell (of pantera, damageplan, etc). that man was a beast.

and if bass guitarists count then by god, les motherfucking claypool (most famously known as the bassist and vocalist for primus). that guy is so awesome it's ridiculous.

some others would be chris poland (former megadeth lead guitarist), randy rhoads, tom morello, jimi hendrix, buckethead, and maybe billy duffy (lead guitarist for the cult).

Uh, my personal favorite would be Matt Bellamy from Muse. He's just phenomenal.
Close second would be Orianthi. This woman can shred. Like, no joke.

Oh my cheese, did you read my mind or something? ._.

Yup, pretty much that. Although Orianthi is probably a more talented guitarist, technically.

Bellamy, however, is definitely the best creative guitarist I have ever laid ears on. Muse is a fantastic riff band thanks to him. And it helps that he can play the piano too, and sing.

He actually went to prison? What a motherfucker, haha. I knew about the duties thing.

Orianthi. This woman can shred. Like, no joke.

YES

Also, I don't necessarily like all of his work, but I do respect Eric Clapton - and "Layla" is seriously awesome. At least the first three minutes.

Another great one is Brian Elwin Haner, Jr., better known as Synyster Gates.

But I don't really think I could pick a favorite guitarist.

Back
Top Bottom