• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is your idea of the perfect Pokemon Game?

I think a game where you could choose to either be a Rocket and steal Pokemon and stuff, or become a gym leader and design your own gym would be awesome. And one that could somehow let you import R/B/Y/G/S/C Pokemon into it, or D/P. My very very first team is on my Red version and I dread the day when the internal battery dies. DX

A huge area (basicly 3-4 regions Hoenn/Sinnoh sized) and a different starting point in each version. Each region should have it's own Leauge/Contest system and a unique regional dex. Unique legendaries could be the legendary pokemon of the region, and multiple rivals/enemy teams.

At least one gym for every type of pokemon (including dark) and some gyms which use difffernt themings to type (eg eeveelutions, pokemon from specific habitats). Lots more moves/TMs, and HM moves not counting as a battle move (so >4 on a pokemon, but unusable in battle)

Probably more stuff as well

I want a really long game. Like, it takes 200+ hours to beat. :grin:

I love the storylines in games; I want it to be long and complex, with many different parts that intertwine, fade out, and then surprise you when they come back in to an exciting conclusion. Honestly, Nintendo, is it that hard to make a game that's not for ten-year olds? :dead:

The caves and stuff need to be longer, and have more complex puzzles. And no more stupid Pokèmon that pop up every five seconds, and make you want to beat the crap out of your DS. (Yeah, that's you, Bidoof and Zubat.)

They should add more than just 100 or so Pokèmon each generation...
People love variety, no? And then, everyone's bound to like at least one of those. I'm getting sick and tired of the "OMG! i H8 evry 4th gen pokemanz!"

Introduce more evolutions for each Pokèmon, especially the weak ones that no one seems to like. (Third evo for Swablu = pwn) Would you rather play a game that everyone used the same Pokèmon (e.g. Skarmory, Blissey, Garchomp, Alakazam, etc.), or a game where you'll never know what to expect?

We need a 3D battling system (like the GC/Wii games) that is in an actual game. (I'm not saying that XD/Colosseum/Revolution aren't actual games; it's just that they're spinoffs, and I'd rather have the whole 3D thing in a game that I can take around with me and play whenever. I guess I should use the term "handheld" rather than "actual", but meh.)

They need to bring PC item storage back. I'm tired of digging through my pockets for 5 minutes just to use a stupid Escape Rope.

I want more dual typings. (Bring on the Fire/Water!)

I also would like more original Pokèmon. It's not like I'm wanting them to base Pokèmon on things that don't exist, but I'd rather have a different look on things, rather than same old. (No more "generic rodents"!)

What I would really like is a real-time calendar. With holidays. Doesn't anyone want to see fireworks on 4th of July? And, they could adjust the holidays to each version. We could see all of the cool Japanese holidays that we never knew existed.

I know there's more that I want to add to this list, so I'll edit it later.

Introduce more evolutions for each Pokèmon, especially the weak ones that no one seems to like. (Third evo for Swablu = pwn) Would you rather play a game that everyone used the same Pokèmon (e.g. Skarmory, Blissey, Garchomp, Alakazam, etc.), or a game where you'll never know what to expect?

They need to bring PC item storage back. I'm tired of digging through my pockets for 5 minutes just to use a stupid Escape Rope.

I also would like more original Pokèmon. It's not like I'm wanting them to base Pokèmon on things that don't exist, but I'd rather have a different look on things, rather than same old. (No more "generic rodents"!)

Yeah i want all this too, but PC item storage should be split up the same way as the bag (into different sections), and if the setion of your bag is full the item should be sent directly to the PC (like XD).

I want a really long game. Like, it takes 200+ hours to beat. :grin:

I love the storylines in games; I want it to be long and complex, with many different parts that intertwine, fade out, and then surprise you when they come back in to an exciting conclusion. Honestly, Nintendo, is it that hard to make a game that's not for ten-year olds? :dead:

Yes, that'd be awesome :P

The caves and stuff need to be longer, and have more complex puzzles. And no more stupid Pokèmon that pop up every five seconds, and make you want to beat the crap out of your DS. (Yeah, that's you, Bidoof and Zubat.)

They should add more than just 100 or so Pokèmon each generation...
People love variety, no? And then, everyone's bound to like at least one of those. I'm getting sick and tired of the "OMG! i H8 evry 4th gen pokemanz!"

If they added more, they'd run out of ideas and we'd end up with clones of others.

Same as above.

We need a 3D battling system (like the GC/Wii games) that is in an actual game. (I'm not saying that XD/Colosseum/Revolution aren't actual games; it's just that they're spinoffs, and I'd rather have the whole 3D thing in a game that I can take around with me and play whenever. I guess I should use the term "handheld" rather than "actual", but meh.)

the reason they don't do this is because without sprites, people can't... uh, sprite.

What I would really like is a real-time calendar. With holidays. Doesn't anyone want to see fireworks on 4th of July? And, they could adjust the holidays to each version. We could see all of the cool Japanese holidays that we never knew existed.

Why on earth should there be fireworks on July 4th? Surely it should be November 5th? But yeah, this is a good idea.

I know there's more that I want to add to this list, so I'll edit it later.

A game where they'd stop concealing the more complex parts; where you'd need a good team. I want the gym leaders to have a fully EV'd LV100 team with good IVs and Pokemon choices. I don't want to fight Nosepass; I want to fight Rhyperior.

Eh, I don't know. I just wish they'd stop with the stupid tier discrepancies. I know, I know, throwing all 493 Pokémon into one or two tiers would "wreck the metagame", and I've also seen an argument stating that, well, a field mouse can't beat the crap out of a lion in real life, so why can't there be strong Pokémon and weak Pokémon? But I'm just sick and tired of the fact that Giratina and Mightyena are two of my favorite Pokémon and I'm not allowed to use them on the same team if I want to play competitively. If I bring Mightyena into ubers it dies and is a waste of space; if I bring Giratina into UU I'm cheating. I thought the entire point of having such a huge crapload of Pokémon was so you'd have enough to customize your personal team using only the Pokémon you like or want to use and still be able to have the same fun no matter what you picked... uh, hello, I can't do that if one of my favorites is PokéJesus and another is the statistical equivalent of a wet tissue.

They're never going to stop "marketing for the kiddies" altogether, but a game where you could choose the difficulty level would be nice. That would solve the problem, I think.

There's more in the thread that I agree/disagree with but I'm too lazy to comment on it atm.

Something with a dark and awesome plot that makes drooling fangirls/guys of us all.

YES. DEFINITELY. WITH HUGE PLOTWISTS AND ALL.

I would like more customizable trainers, and less oversized caves/mountains. Also, the ability to choose which region to start in would be nice.

Oh! Maybe you can choose to join a team and change the plot and stuffs! That'll be awesome.

It would be amazing if all this was in a Pokemon game:

A difficulty that you could set. It could be easier so that they could still have some younger fans, but also harder for people who are sick of how easy some of the things are. If you made it harder, there would be more complex puzzles, harder teams for trainers, and things like that. And maybe it'd be cool if the difficulty would set itself based on how good you were at the game, instead of it being the same throughout the whole game, so that if you got better, the game would get harder.

Wi-Fi. Nothing really needs to be said about this. Online trading, online battling. Awesome.

Storing items on the PC again. I hate having to spend ten minutes looking in my pack just to revive a Pokemon or something. But unlimited space in your inventory would have to stay still, or maybe it would just send something to your PC after you have a certain amount like it does when you catch a Pokemon.

All Pokemon being obtainable, like in D/P, but event ones too, without events. I don't use cheating devices or go to events, but I still want the fun of catching a Mew or Celebi or Deoxys.

This is probably the least likely thing to happen, but a better plot. I'm sick of meeting Prof. Tree, meeting my rival, embarking on my journey to become a Pokemon Master, defeating an evil team, and possibly saving the world. At least something a little more deep would be nice.

More dual-type combonations that we haven't seen yet. Things like Water/Fire, Fighting/Flying, pure Flying, things like that that would be awesome that we haven't gotten to see yet.

Something like what G/S/C have where you can go to multiple regions. That made the game have twice the fun and take twice as long which were both very good things.

The Battle Frontier, or something like it. Emerald is one of my favorite games because I love the Battle Frontier, and it being brought back is something I've been wanting for a while. If you could do the things in it online that'd be even more awesome.

And more things too, I'm just too tired and lazy to think of them at the moment.

^ Battle frontier is a must. I had so much fun in the factory, and there's a bit of everything for everyone -- Pyramid for the people who likes exploring, Factory for people who's too lazy to build a team (like me), Pike for people who just wants a bit of everything... I really love that place.

Let's see...

I think someone mentioned this before, but there should be a virtual reality game. For the Wii perhaps. It would be in 3D, and the battles would be ASB style, only changed slightly to fit into the video game. There would still be Gyms and the Elite Four, but please, no Team Somethings!! Maybe ASB Contests, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Also, let me say this right now: If Nintendo makes a game like this, they've got to keep the main series as well! Mostly for spriting reasons, but...

Make it more open-ended, where you don't have to do anything, you can just mess around. AND you can join the evil team and actually work for them. Plus guilds (Dragon Tamer Guild, etc). Of course you could still go for the pokemon league but you wouldn't have to. It wouldn't work for DS, unfortunately. Wii might be better. Also, no boundaries. You can go anywhere, though there is private land and you would get in trouble to be on it.

Actually, that would probably be better as a role-play.

Hmm, what I want in a pokemon game...

~ Good storyline. For crying out loud. I am getting tired of the same one over and over again.
~ The choice to join the bad guys. Or either team if its a Magma/aqua thing
~ The magma/aqua thing for the evil team- I liked the conflicting bad teams...
~ MORE POKEMON PLEASE
~ Bring back Hidden Bases! They're cool.
~ Darker storyline! DARKER! Come on, Mystery dungeon was Dark. A bit. What, you can only do that in spin offs?
~ Hidden areas and caves and stuff. B) I love hidden places, maybe with a hidden legendary or a shiny or rare pokemon in it.
~ New types, maybe light?

It could be better, but these are my ideas...

Make it more open-ended, where you don't have to do anything, you can just mess around. AND you can join the evil team and actually work for them. Plus guilds (Dragon Tamer Guild, etc). Of course you could still go for the pokemon league but you wouldn't have to. It wouldn't work for DS, unfortunately. Wii might be better. Also, no boundaries. You can go anywhere, though there is private land and you would get in trouble to be on it.

Actually, that would probably be better as a role-play.

Very, very true. And I'm sick of everything being solved by a Pokemon batte! This shoutout is going to all the teams out there. If you just saw one of your fellow Team Whatevers Golbat getting beat, what the hell makes you think Zubat will do any better? Seriously, I want some actual teams with bulky pokemon like Metagross.

And if Team Rocket steals Pokemon, why do they only use 7 types of Pokemon?

I want a game with everything, one that will keep you playing for hours and not predictable. I would like a game that is completely random except the main points so you can't just read a game. And dude, what if I don't want to become the worlds greatest Pokemon trainer? Wh at if I want to be a coordinator (not that I do). I just wish the games would stay open minded so you don't have to do the same thing.

I really want to see some kidnappings and stuff too. At least switch it up a bit.

More violence would be nice. o.O You know, a game for all of us older pokemon fans. I liked how Pokemon Coloseum had that element. Rui was kidnapped and dropped (owie) and Wes was attacked once by Shadow Makuhita. If that was incorperated into a DS game, but much more frequently, that'd be awesomeshorts. I also liked how Coloseum started off with Level 25+ pokemon, and there were only 43 pokemon you could catch, making you have to think more about which pokemon you could have on your team.

Hell, I'd settle for more challenge. And the ability to have multiple files on one cartride. That'd be nice. :)

I think that they should make more of a difference between versions. I mean, not just the simple "storyline change" and the "wild Pokèmon". I was thinking that they should differ it by ages. As an example, they could make Red Version have a longer storyline, more challenging puzzles, harder Gym battles, etc., to satisfy the older players. A Blue Version could be much simpler, and have weaker Gyms and stuff, for the younger players. Of course, they could still have different Pokèmon between the two versions to require trading to complete the Pokèdex. But it's an idea.

And, they should include little 3D shorts, if nothing else. I mean, wouldn't it be so much cooler to see the dramatic climax of the game in 3D?

First, no more turn-based battling! Would you expect an evil boss to take his time and give you turns? I wouldn't. And really, with it being free battling, you don't have to take so much time to kill a lvl 3 Starly!
Second, make it faster to start the battles! Also faster movement of all kinds. Before I got Diamond, I was playing Emerald while one of my friends was playing Peaarl. Emerald moves twice as fast!
As it's been said already, harder and longer! It's just too easy. You can beat them in 16 hours or less! C'mon!
More species! I have a team of Golbat, because I was bored of all the current species! Low on ideas? Look at Fakemon! Fans are a good souce of ideas!
And lastly, sorry I used so many exclamation marks, it's a rant.

This is probably the least likely thing to happen, but a better plot. I'm sick of meeting Prof. Tree, meeting my rival, embarking on my journey to become a Pokemon Master, defeating an evil team, and possibly saving the world. At least something a little more deep would be nice.

That can't happen until we meet the first female Prof.

My vote's on Prof. Beech. =D

First, no more turn-based battling! Would you expect an evil boss to take his time and give you turns? I wouldn't. And really, with it being free battling, you don't have to take so much time to kill a lvl 3 Starly!

So how would you expect that to work? Just turn it into one of those "press A button as fast as you can so you can attack the opponent" games?

That would be a major turn-off for me. I'm sick of those sorts of fighting games; one of the reasons that I play Pokèmon is because I can think my moves through before I use them.

Sorry if that sounded a little rant-ish.

Back
Top Bottom