• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why does Ash look younger in Best Wishes?

SonicNintendo

Happy 15th, Pokemon!
Pretty self-explanatory. He's been looking progressively older (sort of; I mean, as far as I know, I don't think he's hit puberty). And Best Wishes comes along and screws up the whole thing and he now looks...wait for it....younger.

I think it's the eyes. The eyes how have color.

Flora said it best:
Maybe the whole Mewtwo encounter screwed up his growth cycle or something.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Stylistic change. The eyes are bigger, but he looks about the same age to me. He looks like the same person he's always been, just in different clothes and drawn by somebody else.

Maybe that spell that turned him into a Pikachu still has some effects on him?

But seriously, the creators have got to get serious about this. There is no fucking way that he can go to each region, participate in the league, get a contest friend, and some others, and still be ten on his 5th region, especially after the Battle Frontier. According to the anime, if I remember correctly, the Grand Festival happens once a year? He should be about 15 years old, or about 20 years old.

Fucking Gary Stu's.

But seriously, the creators have got to get serious about this. There is no fucking way that he can go to each region, participate in the league, get a contest friend, and some others, and still be ten on his 5th region, especially after the Battle Frontier. According to the anime, if I remember correctly, the Grand Festival happens once a year? He should be about 15 years old, or about 20 years old.

Fucking Gary Stu's.
This has nothing to do with Gary-Stuness. It has to do with Comic Book Time. Why do people keep acting like Ash's lack of aging is something uniquely ridiculous, as opposed to a feature of just about every very long-running non-live-action anything?

Even if you dislike the blatant unrealism of comic book time, it cannot conceivably be connected to Gary-Stuness, because it does not flatter or empower him in any way.

I don't remember where I saw this, but Ash is (supposedly) 15 in DP, so he's probably 16.
Doesn't look a day over 10.
The eyes very likely did make him look younger, especially since most people associate colored irises with younger age for the most part.

He's not sixteen. The DP website said he was ten and the Narrator told us Satoshi was ten in BW001.

Yea, I saw that in the Best wishes thread right after posting. Just another "God I'm stupid" moment.

*sweatdrop*

I've heard it's called comic book aging.

I wish they would make a more mature version of the series. It would be interesting. One where Ash actually is older. Or one involving a completely different character, but we get to see what Ash became.

Last edited:
(early apologies for double post)
Now that I think about it, Ash being 10 does theoretically work.
round the number of episodes to 600, multiply that by 1/2 hour per episode gets you to 300 hours. 300/24= 12.5 days. It just seems longer because they draw it out and show 1 per week.

If they showed 1 new one a day, we would have been in Isshu 2 years after the launch of the series.

Leave it to me to take math to something like this.

Wasn't there like a special episode where Ash and Pikachu celebrate a year together?

Back
Top Bottom