• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nobunaga's Ambition X Pokemon

fresh fruit for Adol

even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly
http://www.vooks.net/story-20625-Th...-Nobunagas-Ambition-X-Pokemon-for-the-DS.html

A very strange crossover indeed... But being a fan of Nobunaga's Ambition, I'm looking forward to it.

Thoughts on it? For half a second I had mistaken Oichi, the girl with the Jigglypuff as Yukimura haha, mostly because of the Sanada clan crest on her clothes. Kenshin being paired with Mewtwo gets all of my why, and Takeda with Groudon loooks... godly <3

Whoa what.

I have no idea about Nobunaga's Ambition, but basic research means we'll be getting a Pokemon SRPG? Sweet.

Pretty much. I always love when one of Nintendo's series dabbles in other genres. Nobunaga's Ambition's a fun series of games, I'm sure this crossover won't disappoint.

Never heard of this Pokemon series, but I can't wait for the next installment of Nobunaga's Ambition! I really hope this weird Pokemon series doesn't mess anything major up with the already established canon.

Lame joking aside, I have no clue how a Nobunaga's Ambition game plays or that it even existed until an hour ago. But! It does look like an interesting series with a lot of established characters and backstory and a fairly odd choice for a crossover with Pokemon. I doubt that this series will be brought to western shores, though, since it probably doesn't have a big enough market and will be released on the DS, which hasn't been getting releases US-wise (I haven't checked Europe-wise, but I think we have generally similar releases?) lately. If western shore do, however, get this release, I'll definitely buy it. At least, now, I have a new series to check out!

I read that it was an SRPG and was intrigued.

And then I read that it was a crossover and was more intrigued.

A few seconds' research seems to say that American audiences have received most (if not all) of the Nobunaga's Ambition games quite well. I don't think they have quite the following that some other tactics games do, no, but I wouldn't count out a Western release entirely. (If nothing else, you know someone's going to make a fan translation patch for a ROM. :P )

...I did some searches on Amazon just to prove there were English-language games to the people who kept saying "oh, but they've never released this series in the west" and saw some available for PS2. If I didn't need to buy Skyward Sword first I'd be tempted to get one and try it out, see what we're getting into. aaand because in general I still have only two and a half games for this PS2, one of which I never even wanted so it's really 1.5, aherpaderp

(And yes I saw that one of them was like 6 bucks used. No seriously I can't even afford both a $50 Skyward Sword and a $6 Nobunaga's Ambition right now.)

Honestly I'd be a lot more excited about a Pokemon SRPG if it weren't a crossover with some game I've never heard of. :< I'm definitely going to give it a chance though, if it happens to get released in the US (which it probably will).

(Though some quick research indicated that Nobunaga's Ambition tends to be rated from E10 to T. Does that mean we'll finally get a slightly more mature Pokemon game :O)

(Though some quick research indicated that Nobunaga's Ambition tends to be rated from E10 to T. Does that mean we'll finally get a slightly more mature Pokemon game :O)

Probably not haha, this is Koei we're talking about, while their games are fun, they're almost always horribly hammy

Either way, it's Pokemon set during the Sengoku era of Japan. For whatever reason, Takeda Shingen has a Groudon, Nobunaga has a Zekrom and Date Masamune has an Articuno. That's not nearly as over the top as Takeda punching people through walls, Nobunaga being a demon lord with a matchlock gun and demonic cape, or Masamune wielding six swords with two hands, but it's as close as Koei's gonna get to touching Basara, hahaha.

anywho, yeah. in typical Pokemon fashion you can choose the gender of your character too, and you start with an eevee this time around.

Here's a trailer in case you haven't seen it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34bzH5Eo04&feature=player_embedded

Never even heard of Nobunaga's Ambition before, but from the trailer and photos we have, this looks very interesting. Seems like it could be very enjoyable, assuming we get a western release! :D

Whew...So it isn't a main series game...And it is not on the DS...Double "YES!"

All joking aside, I do not have any info about the "Nobunaga's Ambition" series ('cuz I am American, and they are Japanese); however, the game looks really appealing. I am willing to try this game out if it hits the USA.

I have no idea who these other characters are, but this looks really cool. I might try this out if I get the chance.

I was afraid we'd get another Mystery Dungeon game (not really a fan of them), but this is wonderfully different :D
I'm not familiar with the other series but damn this looks interesting. Gotta try it when it comes out, even if I'm not that good at more strategic games P:

Well, I've never played Nobunaga's Ambition (or even knew they made such games until I read this announcement), but if it's anything like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, then I won't be disappointed.

Speaking of such, Pokemon cross Dynasty/Samurai Warriors (or both, Warriors Orochi) would be at the very least hilarious.

I have my doubts about this, but the gameplay shown in the trailer is enough to win me over.

....Of course, I would've gotten it anyway, since it's Pokemon that doesn't look horrible.

Speaking of such, Pokemon cross Dynasty/Samurai Warriors (or both, Warriors Orochi) would be at the very least hilarious.

but see, to get the full effect of hilarity and amazingness, they'd have to cross it with Sengoku BASARA. it would be the greatest thing in the world

Apparently, there's supposed to be seventeen castles in this game so I'm assuming each will be based on a type. Wonder what they'll do with Poison considering it doesn't have a legendary to go with it.

Last edited:
I'm not usually a strategy fan, but this is looking... strangely... appealing... As long as it has a a fairly interesting story, I'm happy. I really hope this gets a localisation!

I really really really really hope this isn't another one of those things they don't bring to America/Europe.

Back
Top Bottom