• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB password scare and related bans

I meant the pokemon

As for the test battles that the banned people were in

example:

___________ vs mai

There is no numbered supply of pokemon. They are unlimited pixels. There is nothing to return to the db and you can always buy more of those pokemon when you have the cash.

Please ask these questions in the asb questions thread, if you have to.

LOL, morons.

Good, they got what they deserved. Thank you admins!

Last edited:
... too late to say I told you so, from back when I knew res and bluzzy were talking bad about members on their other forums and I screen capped proof? Too soon?

Anywho, good riddance.

Do we know what exactly they were accessing people's accounts for? How did you discover this was happening?

Is the damage control because of this what has made some of the images on the forums (favicon, the "who's online" button, etc.) to revert to their vbulletin defaults?

-Me, asking the really important questions

Butterfree took this opportunity to upgrade the board software; I imagine that's the culprit.

I'm still sad that so many of the people on this forum were part of the "Asberluminati". These were people I trusted and looked up to, and to see them turn on other members of the forum is... Well, it's really quite awful :(

I really, really want to believe some of them were innocent, but I suppose we'll have to see what the admins' investigations find out.

These are my thoughts too. I guess I should know better, having been a member for such I long time, but I've always been blind to these kind of things.

Lol, Murkrow, I noticed that too.

Also, for the people that asked what's to be gained. Some people are stupid, like me, and used the same password multiple places. And they use their personal email for the forums... the personal email I use to communicate with my job... doctors. Pay bills. Etc. It can be a huge breach of privacy and I realize I'm an idiot. All fixed now of course.

How are we going to deal with alts? Proxy alts? And was that newbie that was banned yesterday night one of their attempts to rejoin? Are we going to get more mods to help police or anything like that? Am I ever going to shut up?

Sorry, so many questions.

@Phantom: The same way we always do; by being watchful and banning them when they appeared. We already went through and cleaned out various alts (Noel, for example). We'll be more vigilant than usual after this.

The newbie banned last night was my bad. They're unbanned.

I... really don't know what to say - mai's been my friend for a while so this just... really blindsided me

why was this even a thing??? what the fuck guys

I've never managed to even get into asb properly so there's a lot of... history and past drama that's currently escaping me but just ugh

Yeah, among the other security measures we took I finally upgraded vBulletin to 3.8.8, and that managed to overwrite a bunch of images because ugh. I'll need to hunt down wherever I have the originals saved.

I think what's really scary is the names involved.

These guys were ostensibly among the most skilled ASB players ever (in fact, before the scandal, I had two of them as my #1 and #2 all-time), but were actually doing it dishonestly.

Yeah, okay. No. I'm gonna step in here now even if I said to myself I wouldn't because This is going too far.

Kusa, Blazhy, and CL were not cheating at ASB. I don't think you even can cheat at ASB aside from funnelling Pokemon or money around. Orders are posted in public for the most part, and these three were all very skilled players before this unfortunate little incident happened.

I will just come out and say I do not agree with a number of events that have transpired here. The potshots at what are/were for the most part hard-working and skilled players, and people I respect, are uncalled for and quite rude. The core of what happened here is res and Mai's actions, and while I don't know all of what may have gone on, I have reason to still trust and respect the other three.

Think what you want but it is entirely unnecessary to be throwing around "I knew it" and "I told you so" or whatever other nasty things about half the people involved here. You can be disappointed or sad or whatever without being a dick.

Thanks.

Yeah, okay. No. I'm gonna step in here now even if I said to myself I wouldn't because This is going too far.

Kusa, Blazhy, and CL were not cheating at ASB. I don't think you even can cheat at ASB aside from funnelling Pokemon or money around. Orders are posted in public for the most part, and these three were all very skilled players before this unfortunate little incident happened.

I will just come out and say I do not agree with a number of events that have transpired here. The potshots at what are/were for the most part hard-working and skilled players, and people I respect, are uncalled for and quite rude. The core of what happened here is res and Mai's actions, and while I don't know all of what may have gone on, I have reason to still trust and respect the other three.

Think what you want but it is entirely unnecessary to be throwing around "I knew it" and "I told you so" or whatever other nasty things about half the people involved here. You can be disappointed or sad or whatever without being a dick.

Thanks.
Quite frankly given the way some users have acted outside of tCoD about this, I don't have much sympathy for you all.

Thanks.

I didn't mean for it to come off that way, but I see what you mean.

When I said "dishonestly", I didn't mean that they were necessarily cheating - just that they may have been roped into all of this. (Note "may have been" - I don't claim to know everything that has happened)

I do agree that no matter what happens next, the ones at the core of this are still res and Mai.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

People have the right to be angry. But I agree with you that direct, public attacks on the people involved are uncalled for. Please be civil, everyone.

That said, I would also appreciate it if everyone withheld final judgement on this for now. We're working very hard to be absolutely sure that we've taken the right course of action, and we are fully prepared to explain ourselves once that's done. If you still disagree with our actions after that, that's your prerogative, but please do wait until then.

Look, we need to be respectful of other members and not make disparaging comments about the members in question until the full truth comes to light. If it turns out they were framed, how do you think they would feel if they came back to read some of these negative comments?

I know this is difficult for many of us, but let's not create a divide between us because of this. I know it's very foolish and idealistic of me, but I want to believe that most of this is just a big misunderstanding. Maybe it's true, but maybe those in question really did play a part in the stealing of passwords. I think we should reserve judgment until we know all the facts.

Back
Top Bottom