• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Ref test battle for B41LL3B055; needs one advanced/elite ref to be the mentor, and one other battler:

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

Ref test battle for B41LL3B055; needs one advanced/elite ref to be the mentor, and one other battler:

2vs2 Single

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

Can I be the other?

2vs2 Single

I'll go ahead and mentor it.

2vs2 Single

I'll take the challenge!

Okay so i haven't been on in awhile but I've got a pretty good challenge...
Format: 6 vs 6, single
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Psychic Moves
Arena Description: Haunted Mansion
Even the toughest of Pokemon couldn't stand a few hours in the haunted mansion. So unless they're ghosts themselves, they suffer from a perish song like affliction, fainting after 3 turns. Psychic Pokemon are so shaken up they don't last longer than 1 turn before they turn tail and leave the house for the entire battle. Ghosts on the other hand are so at home they become ecstatic getting +1 priority on all their moves.

Additional Rules: Digging will drop the players into the basement causing 2% damage. Flying/ Levitating (unless in the basement) causes the Pokemon to hit their heads on the ceiling causing confusion and 2% damage and effectively grounding them. Dark and Ghost moves have double base power.

Accepted

Format:1v1 single
Style:set
DQ:1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: idk let the ref choose
Arena Description:A large crater in the desert that is very very deep, so there is no where to fight but in the crater
Additional Rules:n/a

Format:1v1 single
Style:set
DQ:1 week
Banned/Restricted Moves: idk let the ref choose
Arena Description:A large crater in the desert that is very very deep, so there is no where to fight but in the crater
Additional Rules:n/a

I'll accept this challenge.

Format: 4 v 4
Style: Set
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: None
Arena Description: On a hill with rough grass and heather. Fairly strong wind but clear skies.
Additional Rules: All Pokémon must have under 3 experience points.

Format: 4 v 4
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: None
Arena Description: On a hill with rough grass and heather. Fairly strong wind but clear skies.
Additional Rules: All Pokémon must have under 3 experience points.
Challenge accepted.

Looking for my first battle.

Format: 3 vs 3 single

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Perish Song, Destiny Bond

Arena Description: Pokémon Center Battlefield
One of the most basic battlefields is existence. About the size of a tennis court, but there is a space of several feet around the lines marking the official battlefield. The wind is strong, due to the Pokémon Center building deflecting it back onto the field.

Additional Rules: Basic-stage Pokémon only (unevolved/baby Pokémon). Due to the wind, special attacks are 95% of their normal accuracy.

Looking for my first battle.

Format: 3 vs 3 single

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Perish Song, Destiny Bond

Arena Description: Pokémon Center Battlefield
One of the most basic battlefields is existence. About the size of a tennis court, but there is a space of several feet around the lines marking the official battlefield. The wind is strong, due to the Pokémon Center building deflecting it back onto the field.

Additional Rules: Basic-stage Pokémon only (unevolved/baby Pokémon). Due to the wind, special attacks are 95% of their normal accuracy.
I'll take this, my squads all babies and 1st stages atm

Format: 3 vs 3, single
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, Chills (3pPoké)
Arena Description: Windows XP
A temperate grassy field that expands until the edge of time. Entropy does not exist. The sky is clear, a total lack of clouds. Pokémon that require water to be mobile will, instead, float. This does not supply ground-type immunity. Moves that require a source of water/rocks etc are synthesized out of the air at no extra energy cost.
Additional Rules: First battle so Basic Pokémon that can evolve only please, thanks xoxo

Format: 2 vs. 2; Single
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Moves that knock the user out.
Arena Description: Ancient Arena
A large, flat clay area surrounded by a high stone wall.
10 meters tall by 24 meters in radius
Additional Rules If my opponent prefers, part(up to 1/4) of the area can be turned into a pool of water.Sglod and I have agreed not to use this.
Also, only basic Pokemon that can evolve, please, this is my first battle.

ASB Profile

Last edited:
Format: 2 vs 2 single
Banned/Restricted Moves: Moves that require the user to jump or fly are restricted to 2.5 uses.

Now hold on, I know what you’re thinking.

hcc6UZx.png

Well, TJ “Henry” Eifie, hear me out. In ASB, posting a command actually has three parts to it – when the “Post Reply” button is pressed, when the “Post Reply” button is held, and when the “Post Reply” button is released. Together, this forms one button press. Now, usually, it’s the pressing that’s useful, because that’s the only part that makes your Pokémon jump. However, sometimes it’s sufficient to just use the holding part. So, what happens if you start the battle while holding the “Post Reply” button? This is what we call half a button press. So, in conclusion, if you start the battle holding the “Post Reply” button and then use two more complete presses, then your Pokémon only used 2.5 jumping moves.

Arena Name: Watch for Rolling Rocks

Arena Description: This stage takes place in an arena identical to the Hazy Maze Cave level of Super Mario 64. Every round, there is a 20% chance that a large boulder will roll over one of the battlers, dealing 5% Rock-type damage. The arena is also full of Ledyba that will lunge at Pokémon who get too close to them. Each action, there is a 10% one of these Ledyba will deal 3% Bug-type damage to either Pokémon. It may be possible to use these Ledbya to one's advantage, however, since the bugs follow a predictable pattern and can easily be manipulated... That is up to the creativity of the battlers.

Additional Rules: Either player may command their Pokémon to use the move Hyper Speed Walking. The Pokémon will spend an action and 12% energy to build up speed and launch themselves four parallel universes away (1 QPU distance) from their current location. While in a parallel universe, a Pokémon’s actual position and the position used for floor detection separate, and so the Pokémon can continue the battle as if it was on the main battlefield despite being located in a parallel universe. While in a PU, the Pokémon has the effects of both Reflect and Light Screen applied to it for six actions, after which the battlefield will reset the Pokémon’s positon to the original universe. Each use of Hyper Speed Walking will also raise the user's Speed by two stages.

Format: 2 vs 2 single
Banned/Restricted Moves: Moves that require the user to jump or fly are restricted to 2.5 uses.

Now hold on, I know what you’re thinking.

hcc6UZx.png

Well, TJ “Henry” Eifie, hear me out. In ASB, posting a command actually has three parts to it – when the “Post Reply” button is pressed, when the “Post Reply” button is held, and when the “Post Reply” button is released. Together, this forms one button press. Now, usually, it’s the pressing that’s useful, because that’s the only part that makes your Pokémon jump. However, sometimes it’s sufficient to just use the holding part. So, what happens if you start the battle while holding the “Post Reply” button? This is what we call half a button press. So, in conclusion, if you start the battle holding the “Post Reply” button and then use two more complete presses, then your Pokémon only used 2.5 jumping moves.

Arena Name: Watch for Rolling Rocks

Arena Description: This stage takes place in an arena identical to the Hazy Maze Cave level of Super Mario 64. Every round, there is a 20% chance that a large boulder will roll over one of the battlers, dealing 5% Rock-type damage. The arena is also full of Ledyba that will lunge at Pokémon who get too close to them. Each action, there is a 10% one of these Ledyba will deal 3% Bug-type damage to either Pokémon. It may be possible to use these Ledbya to one's advantage, however, since the bugs follow a predictable pattern and can easily be manipulated... That is up to the creativity of the battlers.

Additional Rules: Either player may command their Pokémon to use the move Hyper Speed Walking. The Pokémon will spend an action and 12% energy to build up speed and launch themselves four parallel universes away (1 QPU distance) from their current location. While in a parallel universe, a Pokémon’s actual position and the position used for floor detection separate, and so the Pokémon can continue the battle as if it was on the main battlefield despite being located in a parallel universe. While in a PU, the Pokémon has the effects of both Reflect and Light Screen applied to it for six actions, after which the battlefield will reset the Pokémon’s positon to the original universe. Each use of Hyper Speed Walking will also raise the user's Speed by two stages.

Hee hee! This one time at mage camp, I killed a hundred people with just half a curse!

And your logic is just plain wrong! Here on tcodf, it's the releasing of the "Post Reply" button that matters. If you just press and hold the button, you'll never get to post a reply! You could try dragging it to your address bar, but you still need to release the mouse button for it to go through! So I submit that it's impossible to have only half a jump!

I invite you to prove me wrong by posting a reaction video... on the battlefield!

And your logic is just plain wrong! Here on tcodf, it's the releasing of the "Post Reply" button that matters. If you just press and hold the button, you'll never get to post a reply! You could try dragging it to your address bar, but you still need to release the mouse button for it to go through! So I submit that it's impossible to have only half a jump!

Okay "Henry"... maybe on the emulated version of TCoD that you are running, the way buttons work is different, but as for those of us running the N64 version – the way the forums are meant to be browsed – half a jump is entirely possible!

i'm awful and died at the end of last year, but i think i'm back and really missed asb.

Format: 2 v 2 single
Style: set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: healing, OHKOs, Perish Song, 3 chills/pokemon
Arena Description: Laverre City - this battle will take place in front of the Laverre City Gym.
Additional Rules: Kalos Pokemon only (meaning only pokemon introduced in Kalos)

Back
Top Bottom