• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Mafia: Arceus - Game Thread

yeah. there was still a chance for you to win on the last day - if you'd eliminated RNP, Jack and Herbe would have immediately met their wincon and left the game (same deal as the subway bosses) and left you as the only surviving player. but there wasn't really any way for you to know that so it was less fair than I would have liked. mostly the question at hand was "will RNP listen to you and vote out Jack, thereby ensuring his own victory"

I was quite surprised at how many people had the option to pick town and didn't, too; like Butterfree suggested in the signup thread, I thought people would instantly gravitate towards town roles, and that's why I didn't include that many, to ensure there were at least a couple of scum - but it seems the lure of interesting-sounding flavour was too strong. alas.
honestly I expected everybody to pick town and for town to win d1 by default because there was no anti-town. that's the entiiiire reason I picked Adaman, is so there would be at least some scum to make the game interesting. clearly I underestimated the rest of y'all haha

also i had an odd little votestealing mechanic where anybody who voted for me on an odd day would have their vote nullified for the day and would increase my power by one. plus jack had the daystall thing so as long as he was alive and it was day 1 (or 3) i couldn't be voted out. i tried tricking rnp into voting for me today but it was vetoed cause it was a joke vote (which, fair)

salt understandable. thank you though

and then I ended up not even being proper scum anyway but getting 3p-ified instead. such is life

yeah... I was worried the vote thievery would end up being too far over the top (since I originally wrote it expecting you to be working alone, Herbe) but it didn't actually end up affecting anything. in fact I think the two of you actually ended up underpowered compared to the Pearl Clan

also I would just like to share a meme which requires me to explain to the class (if folks haven't already read about it in graveyard chat) that part of my 3pification was that I got to pick another role out of the publicly-published discarded rolecards, and this is how I chose to do so:

I think it would be very funny and rancid to pick Melli so I'm going to pick Melli

6s93tu.jpg

which ironically ended up being completely irrelevant iirc (Melli's power stopped the clock on d1 which allowed Herbe to votesteal every day bc every day was odd-numbered... but then nobody voted for Herbe after that anyway iirc)

i really am just so delighted that my win condition was to ensure rnp's demise and also shaking my head that i prolonged it so long and didn't just Go For It once he mentioned coppitude but hey it worked out. again just so thrilled the AI told me to get his ass (even though i didn't have it confirmed it was him)

For the curious:

Night 0:
* M&F chooses Anthe & Wormadam (Village Self-Deflector-Iser)
* JackPK chooses Adaman & Leafeon (Diamond Clan Conspiracy Generator)
* lolfoxes chooses Anabel & Snorlax (Village Shadowhydra)
* Zero Moment chooses Sanqua & Bidoof & Bidoof & Bidoof (Village Multitasking Jack of All Trades (1-Shot Doctor, 1-Shot Vigilante, 1-Shot Roleblocker))
* RedneckPhoenix chooses Lian & Goomy (Pearl Clan Role Cop)
* Herbe chooses Beauregard & Beaugene (Random Alignment Macho Odd Day Reflexive Role Thief Roleblocker Poisoner)
* Herbe acquires the wincon: Kill the Role Cop. (This is RedneckPhoenix.)
* JackPK's faction/wincon is changed to: Self-aligned. You win if Herbe wins. You may communicate privately with Herbe. You may choose one of the 8 revealed characters and gain their ability at the end of Day 1.
* haneko chooses Irida (Pearl Clan 2-Shot Asceticiseriser)
* Butterfree chooses Sabi & Magmortar (Diamond Clan Arsonist)

Day 1:
* A conspiracy begins against Zero Moment.
* Herbe steals RedneckPhoenix's voting power.
* Herbe steals M&F's voting power.
* M&F is eliminated and flips as Villager.
* Zero Moment correctly identifies the conspiracy.
* JackPK acquires Melli's role ability (Phase Number Freezer).

Night 1:
* Herbe blocks and poisons haneko.
* Zero Moment does not use a night action.
* RedneckPhoenix investigates Butterfree and receives the result "Butterfree is an Arsonist".
* haneko tries to kill lolfoxes but is blocked by Herbe.
* Butterfree primes Zero Moment.

Day 1 (2):
* Zero Moment has 1 extra voting power from the conspiracy.
* A conspiracy begins against RedneckPhoenix.
* Butterfree is eliminated and flips as Diamond Clan.
* RedneckPhoenix correctly identifies the conspiracy.

Night 1 (2):
* Herbe blocks and poisons lolfoxes.
* Zero Moment heals RedneckPhoenix.
* haneko inflicts frostbite on Herbe's target(s) (lolfoxes) during the next night phase.
* RedneckPhoenix kills Zero Moment.
* haneko dies from poison.

Day 1 (3):
* RedneckPhoenix has 1 extra voting power from the conspiracy.
* A conspiracy begins against RedneckPhoenix.
* lolfoxes is eliminated and flips as Villager.
* Herbe and JackPK win. (Eifie also wins.)
Anthe & Wormadam - Self-Deflector-Iser
"This is what’s known as a Sandy Cloak... The way the sand wraps around Wormadam, it’s as if the very earth is giving it a loving hug!"

Legends_Arceus_Anthe.png

(yes i know this is just the picture from her bulbapedia page but i could find
Literally Nothing Else on the internet. fan artists, you have let me down)

A master clothier, you delight in drawing fashion inspiration from the appearances and behaviour of Pokémon. Your needlework is second to none.

Each night, you may target a player, tying them to their targets with fine silk thread. All actions used that night on that player's targets will target them instead.

You are aligned with the Villagers. You win when all living players are Villagers, or when nothing can prevent this from happening. (You don't win if all players die simultaneously.)
Adaman & Leafeon - Mafia Cult Conspiracy Generator
"It’s a miracle you showed up on time, oh mighty leader of the Pearl Clan. I worried you’d get lost in the pointlessly vast space you’re so fond of and never show up."

1215_08_p04.jpg

As the leader of the Diamond Clan, you are known as a wise and fair arbiter, even to those you disagree with. But rumour has it that under that surface lies a simmering resentment for the heretics of the Pearl Clan, and that you would stop at nothing to conspire against them... Or maybe it's all in their heads.

While you are alive, at the beginning of each day phase, a random living player will be selected, and all other living players will be privately informed that they are conspiring against that player. If you are selected, instead only you will be informed that there is no conspiracy that day.

During the day, all living players may vote on whether or not they believe there is a conspiracy, in addition to the ordinary elimination poll. If there is a conspiracy and the target of the conspiracy correctly identifies this, they will be granted 1 extra elimination vote during the next day phase. If there is not a conspiracy and a majority of living players correctly identify this, then each player who guessed correctly will be granted 1 extra elimination vote during the next day phase. You do not have a conspiracy vote (although you may pretend that you do and it will be included in vote totals).

If nobody gains an extra vote as a result of this minigame, you may target a player during the following night. That player dies.

This role PM, excluding your alignment and identity, will be published to the thread at the beginning of each day you are alive to clarify these mechanics.

You are aligned with the Diamond Clan, and may comm- hmm? What's this? Some kind of powerful force is twisting reality...!

You are now self-aligned. You win if Herbe wins. You may communicate privately with Herbe.

During Day 1, you may pick a second character from among the 8 rejected characters in the main thread. You gain the abilities (but not the alignment) of that character at the beginning of Night 1, in addition to your existing abilities. (You can still only use one action each night.)
Anabel & Snorlax - Town Shadowhydra
"I must applaud Mr. Looker for that remarkable energy of his. He is in a class of his own, even within the elite members of the International Police... I would never have expected someone like him to serve under my command..."

83359ff9fed1c57420da01d3103b4f3b.png

You are a highly trained operative of the International Police's Paradox Prevention Agency, sent back in time to the land of Hisui to ensure the local time-space fluctuations pose no danger to present-day Sinnoh. Cut off from your team, you will have to rely on your wits and the sage advice of your partner (codename: 100kr) to succeed in your mission.

At the beginning of Day 1, one active TCoD community member who is not a player in this game will be added to this role PM. You may communicate with them at any time about the game.

You are aligned with the Villagers. You win when all living players are Villagers, or when nothing can prevent this from happening. (You don't win if all players die simultaneously.)
Sanqua & Bidoof & Bidoof & Bidoof - Town Multitasking Jack of All Trades
"It’d be a shame to just send those Bidoof back into the wild, no? My Construction Corps could find a use for ’em. They’re just Pokémon being Pokémon. How’re they supposed to know our village is a strict no-chewing zone? Shows good taste on their part to come all the way here to gnaw on our woodwork, too."

pokemon-bothersome-bidoof.jpg

The Galaxy Team Construction Corps are always in need of able bodies to help with building efforts. These three Bidoof initially caused mischief when they arrived in Jubilife Village, but you've come to appreciate their unique talents.

Each of your Bidoof has a special ability, each of which you may use once during the game:
  • Target a player at night. You protect that player from up to one effect that would kill them that night.
  • Target a player at night. That player dies.
  • Target a player at night. That player's night actions, if any, are blocked.
You may perform multiple night actions during each night phase.

Lian & Goomy - Mafia Role Cop
"And you—I’ve already deduced that you’ve come here to meet Kleavor. I’m right, aren’t I?"

928_p07_02.jpg

Some people have called you precocious, insinuating you're too young to protect the great Lord Kleavor. But you'll show them all. Nobody else is as skilled as you at guessing people's intentions.

Each night, you may target a player. You learn that player's role name, as close as possible to standard mafia terms (e.g. Vanilla, Doctor, Insane Cop), but not their alignment.

You are aligned with the Pearl Clan, and may communicate with them in private. You win when all living players are Pearl Clan, or when nothing can prevent this from happening. (You don't win if all players die simultaneously.)

Each night, one Pearl Clan member may target a player. That player dies. (You can't use this action at the same time as the one granted by your role.)
Beauregard & Beaugene - Macho Odd Day Reflexive Vote Thief Roleblocker Poisoner Hunter
"I don’t believe it... Professor Laventon seems to think that li’l Beaugene here is a Cascoon... But, errr, hello? It’s CLEARLY a Silcoon."

yt1vbn3s5rf81.jpg

Your beautiful Beaugene isn't going to evolve into a Beautifly after all? Unacceptable. This will not stand. You will bend the forces of chaos to your will to prevent it.

On odd days, whenever a player votes for you, their vote is nullified for the rest of the day and your vote's power is instead increased by 1. This applies even if they change their vote later in the day.

You cannot be protected from effects that would kill you.

Each night, you may target a player. That player is roleblocked. Next night, that player dies.

You are self-aligned. Your win condition will be generated by a GPT-3 model at the beginning of Day 1. If the resulting role PM contradicts other parts of the game, the game will be altered to compensate.

You are self-aligned. You win when the role cop dies. You have a partner. He is a Special Dual-Role Player. He is not a traitor, he is just a person who is good at mafia games.
Irida & Glaceon - Mafia Asceticiseriser
"Allow Glaceon’s true strength to chill you to your depths!"

1215_09_p04.jpg

You only came into your own as leader of the Pearl Clan very recently, and you're still anxious and doubt your own abilities. But when it really matters, you can be as firm and unyielding as a glacier for your people. You'll ensure victory over those heretics from the Diamond Clan if it kills you.

Up to twice during the game, during the night, you may target a living player. That player's own targets each suffer from frostbite during the following night. (Frostbite means a player is blocked from peforming actions and cannot communicate with others, and they are informed whenever a living player targets them.)

You are aligned with the Pearl Clan, and may communicate with them in private. You win when all living players are Pearl Clan, or when nothing can prevent this from happening. (You don't win if all players die simultaneously.)

Each night, one Pearl Clan member may target a player. That player dies. (You can't use this action at the same time as the one granted by your role.)
Sabi & Magmortar - Mafia Arsonist
"You made it all the way up here in this cold! But the question is...did you catch me? Or did I let myself get caught? Hmmm?"

227_p10_16.jpg

You delight in all sorts of puzzles and games and are fond of tormenting the travellers who come seeking Lord Braviary's wisdom, letting them get just close enough to you to savour the disappointment when they fail to reach you. But that joy will only hold your interest for so long... When you get tired, well, you always have your mighty Pokémon here to "protect" you. Surely nobody will notice if one more ill-prepared pilgrim loses their way in these snowy wastes.

Each night, you may either:
  • Target a player. You prime them with a flammable substance.
  • Breathe fire. All players who you previously primed die, and their bodies are charred so badly that their alignments are not revealed.
You are aligned with the Diamond Clan. Unfortunately, there are no other Diamond Clan players, so you have no access to a factional scumchat. You win when all living players are Diamond Clan, or when nothing can prevent this from happening. (You don't win if all players die simultaneously.)

Each night, one Diamond Clan member may target a player. That player dies. (You can't use this action at the same time as the one granted by your role.)
Eifie & Wooloo
"Woooooloooooo"

Clad in your your signature Wooloo pyjamas, your flock by your side, you look out over this new land. Not a doubt exists in your mind about the reason for your arrival here. These poor fools (with the possible exception of Professor Laventon) have never seen or heard of such a Pokémon as a Wooloo, but they are not to blame for their transgressions; you will swiftly cure them of their ignorance.

You are aligned with Eifie. You win when Wooloo is appreciated as the fluffiest, most huggable Pokémon in existence.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to interpret the "good at mafia games" bit but I selected Herbe's partner from the three players with he/him pronouns to make it match as closely as possible

Also informed each of the scumchats that there were no traitors in the game (there weren't anyway, that would've been too complicated for me to keep track of on top of all the other bullshit, but)

i know right like i was blown away there was /no/ competition i had to take the Opportunity lmao

also fascinating that there was already a role cop picked out. like rnp could have picked any other 2 things but apparently it was a bona fide role cop choice already there for the AI to tunnel on

I would have picked town but I didn't have the option >:/

I figured there was no way a game where people pick their alignments could be anything resembling balanced and instead the point of the game would just be shenanigans, on which it delivered. Unfortunately I reluctantly picked mafia over the two third parties in the hope that then at least I'd get to have a partner, only to be the only Diamond Clanner, and also didn't really get to do anything and also genuinely forgot about the game for most of the first day and then had a very busy day and wasn't even home in time to catch up before EoD on the second. Need to play another game on here soon to make up for it.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to interpret the "good at mafia games" bit but I selected Herbe's partner from the three players with he/him pronouns to make it match as closely as possible

🤔 RNP has he/him pronouns........... I'm imagining the hilarious chaos that would've ensued if he had been selected

Back
Top Bottom