• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I haven't played many JRPGs actually but as soon as I saw a trailer for it in one of the Nintendo Directs I got really excited about it and I don't know why. If I get a 3DS it's probably a game I'm going to be getting.
    Have you played Bravely Default Flying Fairy then? Because it's coming out in Europe this month and I'm wondering if it's worth getting.
    Does "spoopy" mean anything? You changed your name to that on #tcod for a while a few days ago and since then I've noticed that a lot of tumblr users actually also have that in their names now. I doubt all of them did it because of that 5 second video of Ash.
    Thanks!
    The reason I made a thread about PMD was because I got an amazon gift card, and since I never buy anything I don't absolutely need, and you can't get anything you absolutely need on amazon, I need to decide what to buy with it :P
    Thanks, I know most people probably don't dislike me here. I just have a natural paranoia about what people think about me.
    I still hope a person can get through life a good person without having to choose to resorting to 'violent' interests (sadly, i seem to obsess about this kind of thing....a lot :<)
    I actually develuped an allergy to chocolate around after i started taking ritalin, btw. Now I avoid anything chocolate completely. Although coffee agree's with me really good and apperently helps my meds work better, so its not a caffine allergy. :) I think i'm allergiac/sencitive to the Theobromine in chocolate. Even before taking meds, I remember I always got kinda 'edgey' whenever I ate chocolate. Although I used to suck it up more easily when I was younger, it defenetly wasn't doing me any good, concidering all the emotional issues i may of bottled up that ganged up on me a bit later...=/ Maybe if I never ate chocolate so much when i was younger I might not of needed meds so much (i used to be like in love with the stuff....haha.....).
    Pretty much all mean nicknames you get are kind of silly. It's something that rhymes with your name or is a fictional character you happen to look like that apparently should be embarrassing. I don't see why bullies think it's so funny to find a way to fit words like fart somewhere in your name.
    I didn't have a long one, unless you count the times where people would combine the nicknames I had based on my first middle and last names.

I don't think I was ever mentioned on the article on tcod, it was on a page about some meme from another forum I used to visit. A forum I don't visit any more because of how awful I realised it was. And if it's that awful without being exaggerated by encyclopaedia dramatica, imagine how bad the article I was in must have been!

I think my "not a n00b" was listed as my bio or job, not my usertitle. My usertitle might have been "2=1" at some point back then because I'd recently come across the mathematical 'proof' that shows that, and I thought it was cool. I don't recall Dannichu's usertitle, but I do remember her location was "in ur noun verbin ur noun" which I found hilarious.

I would check their TVTropes pages, but I know I'd just stuck there for hours on end, as is the usual.

My parents have cable so whenever I go home I always have something on in the background even if I'm not properly watching it. I'm not sure why they have it though, since they don't seem to use the extra channels that much. I think it might be a cable-phone-internet thing as well, making it cheaper. When I'm not there though I do occasionally watch Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer which oddly enough you don't need a TV licence to use even though logically it would seem like you should, being the BBC and all.
    They probably do get a bit from DVD sales but nowhere near as much as from TV licences, since £110 from more than 10 million homes every year adds up to a lot.

Blinking was definitely the appeal, I meant they looked like they could be static avatars, but they also happened to move. Most animated avatars sort of rely on the fact that they're animated to be any good. If that makes sense.

I animated it myself insofar as it's taken from a game but I found it really hard to capture screenshots from DOS games so it took forever to get each individual frame out, then put them together again. These days that's quite easy in GIMP but that image is an animated png which not many programs can save far as I know. It had to be a png since gifs don't handle transparency well.
    I'm not sure how fast I'd realise they were talking to me if they called me any of my online names. I've never really had a nickname beyond things bullies called me so I've no idea what it's like to be called anything other than my real name.

One thing I'm definitely glad about is that (I hope) most of encyclopaedia dramatica got removed that one time it got closed down, since I'm pretty sure a post of mine from some other forum was actually quoted there once. That's how embarrassing my posts get.
    From here though, the internet wayback machine shows my old profile which said "not a n00b", which today I would use as evidence supporting the exact opposite.

I barely watch TV at all since 90% of everything generally isn't worth watching. I only watch things I hear other people say good things about which as you say, is hard to find anyway. Here in the UK we have to pay something like £110 a year for a TV licence, and I'm considering just not having a TV when I eventually live on my own since it'd probably be cheaper just to buy DVDs for the one or two new TV shows I get into that year. On the other hand, TV licences is how the BBC gets funded, who produce some of the actually good TV we get.

Nah, it was way more confusing when Tailsy and Surskitty swapped their names! The fact that it's hard to quickly tell the difference between Viki and Vixie, and Alraune and Alvyren didn't help.

Blinkie avatars and ones like that are fun, I guess because they could just as easily be non-animated. I don't change my signature because I don't have signatures turned on, I often completely forget it's even there. I remember when I was first editing it, it took me forever to get all the frames right.
    I would expect it gets harder to change your name the longer you've had it, both because you're used to it but also because other people are. I can't imagine you not being Spoon.

I don't much care about fandom stuff. It's not going to ruin everything if anyone finds out I still like Pokémon despite not being 10. What I'm more worried about is posts I forgot I made from years ago that I'd regret.
    I would google myself again just to see how it looks but that one of the ways I make myself feel awkward even when nobody else is around.

The main reason I don't want much of anything, even live action stuff, is because I haven't a clue where to watch things. It doesn't help that places like Netflix don't let you see what shows they have if you don't have an account, and from what I've heard their selection in the UK is really limited to the point where I think the US actually has access to more British shows than we do.

I use avatars more than usernames in identifying people so I'd probably find it weirder for someone who has had an avatar for a long time to change that then changing their username. I still think of Dannichu as blinkie person. I'm sure changing mine back to gas mask master wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom