• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How are you feeling about the infamouse 12/21/12 date?

• OH GOD.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Not sure, but leaning to the "end-of-the-world side"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, but leaning to the "not-gonna-happen side"

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Yeah right. I seriously doubt anything's going to happen.

Votes: 74 80.4%

• Total voters
OHNOES MY CALENDAR ENDS 12/31/09

THE WORLD IS GOING TO END BEFORE WE SEE 2010 YOU GUYS

^My opinion in a nutshell.

oh god the world's going to end because the universe is totally centred around an arbitrary calendar invented by people who thought the world was flat.

But what if one of the prototypes gets lost and is found by a little Californian boy who teaches it compassion and it ends up saving us all from a nuke?
oh oh i got the Iron Giant reference can i has cookie.

'cept the film's set on the other side of the US. but the reference was still awesome and probably went over the heads of three quarters of TCoD so it deserves a win.

Putin's secretly a transformer.
yeah well Obama is a ThunderCat.

My opinion?

Nothing. However, due to all this panic, we will all degenerate into a bumbling, paranoid slew of riots and rape. Thu we fulfill the prophecy of humanity ending.

Besides, the calendar ending means that it's time to get a new one. Derp.

Yeah, people hundreds/thousands of years ago were probably a little better at predicting the future than modern humans are... but they still sucked at it. And I'm pretty sure the "end of the calendar" wasn't even intended as an end-of-the-world prediction in the first place...

That's a "nothing significant is going to happen" vote for me.

What's happening in 2012? o_O

Oh... one of those 'we're all going to die' things? I didn't know people actually take them seriously...

I was more worried about 9/9/09, the lived eht fo yad.

09/09/09? The Devil's day? News to me; actually, that's my birthday.

Anyway. To be on topic. It's just because whatever calender is ending on that day, right? So what? Maybe they were just too lazy to make it stretch past that day, I dunno. In other words, no, I don't believe the world's gonna go kaboom.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to pray to our all-powerful Aztec gods for forgiveness. Or I'll eat a sandwich. Either one.

The most frustrating part of this whole thing is that the Mayans never said the world would end in 2012. Just that it would enter a new age.

They were going to celebrate with huge parties.

Possibly involving orgies.

eta: infamouse! hee.

I highly doubt anything is going to happen, just like 6/6/06, 7/7/07 and that day where the black-hole machine was supposed to suck up the world or something like that.

If the world does end, it would be 5 days before my 18th birthday ;_;

09/09/09? The Devil's day? News to me; actually, that's my birthday.

No, 9/9/9 is the day of Backwards Satan, aka the Lived fo eht Yad.

Futurology isn't accurate in the 21st century. What makes people belive that the Mayans could get the correct answer?

Futurology isn't accurate in the 21st century. What makes people belive that the Mayans could get the correct answer?

Backwards Satan...? Welp. My birthday is on an interesting day anyway~

My classmate made a speech about 2012 last year, and needless to say, he was skeptical about it too. I don't think I've met anyone who took it very seriously.

But what if one of the prototypes gets lost and is found by a little Californian boy who teaches it compassion and it ends up saving us all from a nuke?

This made me smile, then fwee, and I now love you. :D I must make some espresso and go check if I have this on tape.

Uh. No. The solar activity cycle - it has an eleven-year cycle of highs and lows - is in a low right now. 80% of 2009 so far has had absolutely no sunspots. Where the heck did you hear that? There was a nice solar flare a couple of days ago, but that's just one of those cool things that happen every now and then, not the sun "going wild with solar flares and sun spots".

Seriously?
An article in the newspaper said that the sun was going wild concerning sunspots and solar flares. How could somebody get that info wrong and still make it into print??
Guess you can't always belive what you read either. O_o;;

Day the of Devil? :/

I didn't realise people still took this seriously. It's been going on since (and probably before) Y2K and I'm surprised that people believe in those stupid little emails that people spread about the world ending on some date.

Who even cares, anyway? It's not as though you can do anything about it.

I'm from the future, so I can say exactly what will happen on 12/21/12.

You will wake up to a beautiful day outside to see the sun shining and the birds chirping. You will slowly eat a nice bowl of cereal, perhaps some Lucky Charms? Then you will go to the nearest shopping complex to do some last minute Christmas shopping. You'll run into someone you know and visit, before heading home to wrap all of the gifts. After that, you'll notice that it is late at night, so you will make dinner, eat it, watch some T.V, and then GO TO SLEEP.

But when you're asleep...

You'll DREAM!!!! =O

totally the apocalypse.

I'm from the future, so I can say exactly what will happen on 12/21/12.

You will wake up to a beautiful day outside to see the sun shining and the birds chirping. You will slowly eat a nice bowl of cereal, perhaps some Lucky Charms? Then you will go to the nearest shopping complex to do some last minute Christmas shopping. You'll run into someone you know and visit, before heading home to wrap all of the gifts. After that, you'll notice that it is late at night, so you will make dinner, eat it, watch some T.V, and then GO TO SLEEP.

But when you're asleep...

You'll DREAM!!!! =O

totally the apocalypse.
OMG WE WILL DREAM?!God forbid we DREAM! the end of the world would surely be nigh if we dreamed! 2012 apocalypse my a** <.<

Back
Top Bottom