• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Abortion

Abortion is quitting before starting. Simple enough.

Using a condom is quitting before starting :p

Alexi said:
Growing up with no love, knowing only loathing, can make a person snap, and then they do things that we later see on Forensic Files. Jeffrey Dahmer was neglected as a child; he became a cannibal.

Can is the key word here. Not all people who grow up in a crappy household will become like Jeffrey Dahmer. Likewise, growing up in a decent household does not mean you won't become a cannibal later in life.

Anyways, I'm with the group of people who don't really care if someone gets an abortion, but feel that some people really need to learn to use a condom.

I agree with Mudkip here; people tend to be so negative and judgemental.

Is it your place to decide that a kid who'll be born without legs won't enjoy life? Because a woman got pregnant because she and her partner didn't use protection, does it mean that if she does have the child, it'll be alone and unloved? Just because a family doesn't have a lot of money, is it okay to abort the unborn child so they won't have to make a few financial scrifices? If a kid is raised in a less-than-perfect home, will it automatically grow up to be a serial killer?

I think people are far too quick to say that a child's better off aborted than to be born into its situation.

Voluntarily, go for it. But the operation for that (especially on a female) isn't pretty (or cheap). I've seen it done on animals and oh dear god.

Voluntarily, go for it. But the operation for that (especially on a female) isn't pretty (or cheap). I've seen it done on animals and oh dear god.
Wait, what? I've never heard of a human being spayed, and I've never heard of anyone bothering with tubal ligation or essure on animals, so... what o.o?

(Ssh I assumed the operation to sterilize animals would be the same as humans. I never pretended to know anything about it o.o)

But involuntary sterilization is a gross violation of human rights.

Sterilization in humans is tubal ligation. Dunno where Dannichu is going. o.O

Personally, I'm all for sterilization. :D But that's just because I'm mean.

*pops randomally out of nowhere*

I'm not sure isf abortion is right or wrong. I don't like the idea of killing an innocent, infant child. They never did anything bad to society. Mainly the parents of the child should be the ones blamed for bringing an "unwanted" child into the world. The infant shouldn't be killed for the parents' fault of having sex in the first place. Or, making the necessary precautions before planning on doing it.

On the other hand, I'm all for it if it's before the baby has a beating heart and starts to breath.

Anyways, couldn't the mother just wait until the baby's born, then put it up for adoption?

As for sterilization, the person wanting it could have it if they wish, but, as Dannichu said, involuntary sterilization is wrong and is indeed a gross violation. Again, it's the person's decision to be sterilized, not someone else's.

Physical pain is one thing, it's the emotional pain that's worse. Depending on the person, anyway.

The thing about abortion, is that it should be there only for certain circumstances, not as a Get Out Of Parenting Free card. But then again, we go back to the unwanted child growing up unloved. It's a vicious circle.

Gawd, people, just use the damn condom and Pill. >>;;; Or, try mutual masterbation. That's quite fun. *nodnod*

Anyways, couldn't the mother just wait until the baby's born, then put it up for adoption?
It's so easy for people to spew out the "adoption" argument, but think about it for a second - a lot of children just sit in foster homes until they're 18. It makes the children in there less likely to be adopted and further contributes to the disgusting human overpopulation.

Back
Top Bottom