• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Abortion

Don't have sex if you can't afford a child ?_? Common Sense 101

But they're married. Married couples can't have sex? T_T Come on, sex is a healthy part of a relationship. It eases strain, draws the couple closer. Unites them and all that.

Oh, sure. Screw the child over it. It's not like it was at fault for anything.

Or bring it into an unwanted life. That's gonna be nice for it. Not to mention all the anguish the mother will go through.

Yes, I eat food, thank you.
Well if you think killing animals and plants is wrong what do you eat.

Don't have sex if you can't afford a child ?_? Common Sense 101
Are you a troll.
People have sex because sex isn't only meant for reproduction. Abstinence doesn't work, people have libidos. Then they start seeing whores or cheating on their spouse because they want sex. It's natural. Depriving a person of it isn't healthy.

That's like the one iffy thing for me. Something's gonna die, but eh :\
haha yeah if somehting's gonna die might as well be the mother

Oh, sure. Screw the child over it. It's not like it was at fault for anything.
fuck you.
A person gets raped and then they're forced to carry a child of a person they've probably never seen or have no wish to see ever again, they know nothing of that person's health history. The child could carry a disease or an illness or be a crack baby and the mother will have to remember this her whole goddamn life. If they give it up for adoption they might very well have that burden forever.
And they'll be constantly reminded of the horrible experience of being raped.
Fuck this shit.

Well if you think killing animals and plants is wrong what do you eat.

Inevitble is inevitible. I don't like the fact, but I kinda want to live you know.

Are you a troll.

Are you?

People have sex because sex isn't only meant for reproduction.

Science disagrees.

Abstinence doesn't work, people have libidos. Then they start seeing whores or cheating on their spouse because they want sex. It's natural. Depriving a person of it isn't healthy.

Not always, no.

haha yeah if somehting's gonna die might as well be the mother

Learn to read, thanks. You could also consult a dictionary for the word: exception.

fuck you.

That's mature of you.

A person gets raped and then they're forced to carry a child of a person they've probably never seen or have no wish to see ever again, they know nothing of that person's health history. The child could carry a disease or an illness or be a crack baby and the mother will have to remember this her whole goddamn life. If they give it up for adoption they might very well have that burden forever.
And they'll be constantly reminded of the horrible experience of being raped.
Fuck this shit.

Yeah because that happens every single time.

You have accomplished nothing. What do you gain out of flaming people whose opinions you will not change?

Yes, but this is good enough for me. ^_^

Don't get so angry, babe. Go with the flow.

I'm just having my fun. You should too!

Hah, new tag now. Fetus=/= baby. That makes me smile. :)

Honestly, how many babies are the product of rape anyway? I know I've never been in the situation, but if I were raped, my absolute greatest fear would be being pregnant with the rapist's child and the first thing I would do (or my family/friends if I was incapable of thinking clearly, which would almost certinaly be the case) would be to take steps to make sure I wasn't.

Fetuses can't think and don't do anything useful. Aborting a fetus before a person has the chance to form is okay for the same reasons avoiding pregnancy before a person has the chance to form is okay.

"An organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction" taken from Merriam-Webster itself.

"An organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction" taken from Merriam-Webster itself.

I take it, then, that you don't believe foetuses are alive.

Why not? A fetus seems to fit well enough.

Metabolism: What do you think the umbilical is for? Supplying nutrient-filled blood to the cells.

Growth: ...Okay, this doesn't even need an explanation.

Reaction to stimuli: Reflexes develop in the fetal state.

Reproduction: No, because a fetus is obviously not an adult. If you were to say that this means they aren't alive, though, that means all prepubescent children are not alive.

Reproduction: No, because a fetus is obviously not an adult. If you were to say that this means they aren't alive, though, that means all prepubescent children are not alive.

Does that not mean that the definition is wrong?

Back
Top Bottom