• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

I kind of prefer having the 6~8 on #mafia :|a

Guh. Well, perhaps finding out the cause of... not-death would be helpful. Most likely a doc save, but possibly alien activation, role-block, bulletproof... Bleh.

if kratos is silenced, we can be... fairly sure that there's a mafia-aligned variable? which puts us at maybe four mafia, I think?

...huh. So if Kratos is asleep, that means Atmey/Ron really wanted to silence Kratos... which I would think indicates we have a mafia Mask*DeMasque on our hands. After all, an innocent silencer has no reason to act unless they are very sure that someone is mafia but can't simply point out their suspicions to get that individual lynched.

That said, this isn't necessarily much to go on besides that, seeing as Kratos had such a prominent role here yesterday that they could simply be going for the person who seemed the most vocal and clever and thus the most likely to figure something out.

Speaking of deciding/lynching...! :| Sixteen hours left, everyone. (And you were doing so ~well~ with all the discussion yesterday...~)

If you want my opinion, I think we should lynch someone, though the question of who still remains. I propose a randylynch. For me, the rng says 18, which indicates Skylark. If you trust that I haven't tampered with the results, go ahead and vote, but if you don't, feel free to do whatever you want.

...you know, we really have a mafia-loaded setup. according to these numbers, a 20 with 3 mafia setup - our base setup has only ~30% win rate. now, this doesn't take into account power roles, but there are at least four mafia, at least one a dayblocker.

conclusion: tread carefully. but we do need to lynch eventually.

so I will no yet nominate, but will FOS werefish5, for abstaining before any discussion other than "D1 sucks!"; which seems to me the sort of thing the mafia would prefer. also because it doesn't seem to have ever do much more than abstain and bandwagon, and I don't see much harm in dropping unproductive people. (Green, Zephyrous Castform, Dannichu, and Zora haven't done anything at all, actually!)

OKAY OKAY TWELVE-MINUTE NINJA: ...why randlynch when there are so many huge targets? and for all we know, we might be hitting alien!

EDIT-AGAIN: okay, maybe not so huge, but, still. my point about alien still stands.

OKAY OKAY TWELVE-MINUTE NINJA: ...why randlynch when there are so many huge targets? and for all we know, we might be hitting alien

...Wouldn't that be a good thing? I mean, the alien doesn't activate during the lynch phase.

EDIT: RIGHT, nobody died last night. Still the odds of both alien activating ~and~ randlynching said active alien are practically non-existent. But I don't like the idea of randlynching in general...

Last edited:

Before I wind up bandwagoned to death while I'm asleep again, I'd just like to say the only real reason I haven't done anything in the game is that I've a myriad of unfinished projects that I'd like done before NaNo comes around and I dedicate all my time to working on that.
And I've had nothing to say, although I've been watching the thread.

That said, I abstain.

I don't know whwere to stand.

Do we randlynch?

Do we Abstain?

Do we lych a suspicious person?

Zora, we are all speakign of lynching. You vote tp abstain with no cause. Care to explain? If not, Zora

If we keep abstaining, we're never going to get anywhere...

I don't have any better ideas as to who to lynch, but I just thought I would point that out.

If you want my opinion, I think we should lynch someone, though the question of who still remains. I propose a randylynch. For me, the rng says 18, which indicates Skylark. If you trust that I haven't tampered with the results, go ahead and vote, but if you don't, feel free to do whatever you want.

Bleh >.>

I agree we have to lynch someone, but I disagree with using a rng

I'm going to agree with sreservoir and say werefish5. Not that suspicious, but at least somewhat so.

[19:48:26] <MidnightDS> you can put up a new post saying twenty-four hours, vote, no talkee, go

Hello! I am posting on behalf of MidnightSaboteur, partly to show that I am here and paying attention to the happenings of this mafia, just that I don't have any useful input at this stage, and to make it clear that the voting is now active for 24 hours in poll form. (Provided by Ruby, masterminded by MidnightSaboteur.)

...Sorry I haven't been contributing. I wasn't sure where to go with the new developments. Plus, school stress.

I decided to put the three poll names into the RNG....

Ended up with Werefish5

...Sorry I haven't been contributing. I wasn't sure where to go with the new developments. Plus, school stress.

I decided to put the three poll names into the RNG....

Ended up with Werefish5

That's nice. But you're not meant to talk during the polls. I guess that wasn't made clear though, so my bad.

Leaving this up for the next few hours because it is still entirely possible that the non-voters will all choose 'abstain' and something different will happen! \o/

ETA: res sensibly points out that at Zora - 1, werefish5 - 10, Skylark - 1, and abstain - 3 for a total of 15 votes and 20 players total; majority is for werefish5. Therefore.

The citizens had sat down in the hotel ballroom, again scavenging the empty kitchen for food and drink. Everyone was tense, on edge. Something had to be done... before nothing could be done.

Eventually, some names rose up. Suddenly, those who seemed reluctant to discuss or name names... changed, with the option of a scapegoat. werefish5, they whispered. She was eager to kill, eager to vote... It's her, she's a murderer.

As the rumors grew and spread, werefish5 began to sweat. Let's get her, she heard softly... and bolted from her seat.

"No!" A plate from a table appeared out of nowhere, spun through the air, and thwacked her on the head. She fell, out cold. The players murmured. Now what? They didn't have any guns. They could lock her in jail, but that's how the killers got /out/. Then, one person stood, wearing a grim look on her face. "I'll move her to the freezer, like last time. Someone help."

When the two returned, the woman hung her head into her shoulder. "They say freezing to death doesn't hurt, after the initial shock. You just... fall asleep..." Tears ran down her face. It seemed unanimous throughout the group that this had been the wrong decision.

werefish5 is dead. She was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Ace Attorney Mafia

Kratos Aurion said:
Out of curiosity, does this wording imply that all games will (or at least should) take place in a single thread as opposed to one thread per day phase?

Butterfree said:
Actually, the hack as it is lets you choose. Whenever you start a thread in the main mafia forum, you can associate it with any game you've created, and if that game is already associated with a thread, it will just be associated with the new one instead. So if you want, you can create a new thread for every day, but you can also just keep it in the same one, depending on your preferences as a GM (for instance, if you want to use actual polls to determine the executions, you'll probably want to start new threads, since at least I don't think you can just detach and attach new polls however you please).

This has turned out to be ~exactly right~. Believe me, I got like half a dozen mods to throw junk at that thing, and no one could do anything. Whatever. I still want my polls. (shut up walker polls are glorious polls > you >(()

So anyway, the last thread is marked (Day 1 - Day 2), and whatever the current thread is won't be marked by anything. Yeah.

AND SO MAFIA which would have gotten here sooner if important people had /turned in actions/ >( GUYS if you are dahlia or luke or atmey or gumshoe or apollo or klavier or ANYONE who has a night action then /you need to send it in every night/, okay?! Unless you say "and do this to this person until the end of time" or whatever, nothing will happen. Which will suck for you if you have a revenge role. Yes. I am an evil non-randomizing GM. This is /you guys' game/. :|

AND SO. MAFIA.

The citizens awoke calmly the next morning. After all, what was there to worry about? Only one person had died so far. ... Well, and the one that... but they didn't want to talk about that. One death in three days was actually a great crime rate for that area! So they all went their merry ways throughout the town, until someone (who clearly didn't know the area very well) thought to find lunch in yet another abandoned restaurant - an extremely pink one, with frills, aromatherapy bottles, and four unmoving bodies sitting around a table.

Yes. Four.

The man shrieked, called everyone as he was instructed, and checked the pulses of all of them while he waited. Each of them had a cup of some sort in front of them: a teacup and saucer, a plain white mug, a blue mug with a white design, and a stemmed glassware with a wide bowl. All but one had been poisoned, he gathered, with the final one merely slipped something in her drink. He knew the drill by now, carefully carrying or dragging the other three into the restaurant's freezer. As he did so, he made careful note of their names... and wept when it was clear that none should have been killed.

Walker is dead. He was not mafia.

demonickittens is dead. She was not mafia.

St. Christopher is dead. He was not mafia.

When he returned, some of the remaining citizens had arrived. They helped him lay the remaining unconscious body across a booth, hoping that it might bring a bit more comfort.

Vixie is asleep and cannot participate in discussion.

With everyone gathered, faces were grim. They had been underestimating their opponents. That would not happen again.

Forty-eight hours (give or take) for discussion.

ETA: Remember, flavor text divulges nothing re: roles or cause of death! Just. Don't go looking into it. They are all cups that have been poisoned!! Except for the one. Yes.

Last edited:

damn, that is a lot of people. presumably mafia + dockill + lover? or wait, let me check the roles thread.

EDIT: also hopefully we can safely lynch people today because the alien should be dead?

Last edited:

At least one of those could be revenge from Klavier/Apollo, though, in which case it is entirely possible that the alien isn't dead and is active. I would rather lynch (should a viable candidate present themselves) than abstain given that the scales are starting to tip in the mafia's favor, but yeah.

Back
Top Bottom