• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are you a virgin?

Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gay and don't have a "gay voice", neither does my boyfriend, but, hell, there is a teacher who does, and people do say like "he's gay" and stuff like that, however (and though it is very normal in my school for teachers to be friends with the students, and also to openly critcise them), no one actually laughs at him, and, in my experience, people do not make fun of such a thing anymore.

I don't really think it's homophobic, it's just a way to "describe" something, because, and I don't really like to admit it, it is common for gay males to use that kind of voice. I don't know why but it is that way, and people relate that kind of voice with being homesexual, just as being mexican is related to dark-ish skin and using a sombrero, when it's not really true.

If it's not true then it's generalizing, which is wrong. It's not the same as 'mexians have darker skin'. It's the same as 'Jews have big noses' or 'Jews are money-grubbing whores' (sorry I have to go to Jew-tropes :[ I don't know very many others) because they aren't true for Jews any more than for other people. And they really make no sense and have no basis in reality.

Also, just because.

tumblr_lcx1ey4EaX1qf6jsyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcm7nvNsmR1qf6jsyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcjs8cYgEJ1qf6jsyo1_500.png

tumblr_lcjyt9kpCN1qf6jsyo1_500.jpg

"This is one of those replies that just makes me seethe. Oh yes, I’m going to make sweeping generalizations, spew hate-filled rhetoric, and flaunt my obvious privilege… but as soon as someone calls me out on it, it’s all just a joke!"

Pathos, seriously, I think you're taking this a little too far. Nobody's said they 'hate' anyone, nobody's trying to "make sweeping generalisations" (In case you didn't notice, nobody actually said "All gay people have gay voices", the point was that people don't, it was sarcasm), and nobody's... "spewing hate-filled rhetoric".

Fair enough, but regardless, it didn't really apply to this situation, considering we were sort of making the complete opposite of a 'gay voice' joke and more of a 'people who make gay voice jokes' joke.

I don't know, I think there's a difference between laughing at stereotypes because you know they're silly and outdated and actively perpetrating them.

I find Mr Humphries from Are You Being Served or Lt. Gruber from 'Allo 'Allo funny but I don't think it makes me the scum of the earth and I'm pretty sure I'm not an Uncle Tom. Similarly lgbtlaughs is usually good and it does have some pretty good Will & Grace type plays on stereotypes.
I guess that for me ultimately it depends on whether the character isn't completely two-dimensional and lame.

Related to the topic: yes, and I think it might be a while before anything happens because I the boy I have awkward mutual flirtatious moments with isn't very sexual. I'm just surprised his bullshit friends haven't pressured him into anything yet.

My friend got a girl pregnant when he was 10. Age isn't always relevant to virginity. But it should be.

Why? *devil's advocate*

oh sob i just saw this. don't get confused by the namechanges, people!! (though fortunately on that front the past-midnight seems to have left...)

Uh. My answer to this has not changed in the past two years since I've answered. I foresee it not changing in the next two years as well.

'Virginity' is an awfully vague term. Really it can encompass any number of the following questions:

- Has your vagina, if applicable, been penetrated by a phallic object controlled by another person?
- Has your anus been penetrated by a phallic object controlled by another person?
- Have you yourself penetrated another person's vagina or anus with a phallic object?
- Have you consciously stimulated the genitals of another person in some manner?
- Have your genitals been consciously stimulated by another person in some manner?
- Have you willingly participated in any of the preceding?

If the answer to all is no, then you are a virgin. Generally, having answered yes to any of the first three makes you not a virgin, although some would argue that if the answer to the final question is no, you are still for all intents and purposes one. The fourth and fifth may or may not be included in any particular individual's definition of losing virginity.
Definitions four and five seem pretty useful when it comes to lesbianism.

Here are a few decent (and different!) answers, but I think the best is "virginity is a stupid concept".

Cirrus said:
I still don't get how virginity is supposed to be defined for female-female sex

when you don't feel like a virgin anymore? I mean there has to be some point where either you or your partner has gone 'wow, we just had sex'.

Last edited:
Going back to the ace topic (because I'm just that annoying! yay)... With people who feel ace until so-and-so happens, that is legitimate too. Sexualities (or lack thereof) can be fluid throughout your life, for external or internal reasons. There's no reason to think that everyone was born their (a)sexuality and there's nothing wrong with not being born that way. :v

YEAH OKAY I'll stop now :D

Man, I feel like ultraviolet! I'm still not a virgin either! :O

I think I should record a song called 'My Vagina Has Been Willingly Violated'.

I'm imagining basically 'Like a Virgin' except whenever they say 'virgin' you say 'not a virgin'.

I'm imagining basically 'Like a Virgin' except whenever they say 'virgin' you say 'not a virgin'.

We could do a duet!

LIKE NOT A VIIIIIRGIIIIN
TOUCHED FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIIIIME
LIKE NOT A VIIIIIRGIIIIIN
FEEL YOUR HEARTBEAT NEXT TO MY VAGINAAAAAA

hmm
I don't think that sex would be satisfying if his heartbeat is there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom