• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are you generally pessimistic or optimistic?

Optimistic or Pessimistic?

• Total voters
Optimistic. Stupidly so.

Hasn't let me down yet. Well, I guess it kinda has, but I'm still here, smiling away, so it's not been too bad :)

*Shrugs*
I'm not really either.
sometimes i look on the wonderful happy optimistic side.
And sometimes I look on the dark abysil pessimistic side.
Sorta depends on my mood, and what i'm writing.

I believe I am a realist. If I see a glass with water in it, then I think of it as a glass with water in it; without knowing whether it's about to be filled or emptied I make no judgements.

If something is terrible, and I can change it, then I will make every effort to change it for the better. If I see something I can't change, then I'll leave it alone. The trick is in knowing the difference between the two.

I act like a total pessimist, but I think I'm really more of an optimist, to be honest. I'm just weird. o.o

I tend to be realistic about things, so I can be either one, although in matters where it could go either way, I tend to be pessimistic.

Why ever not? The happier people are, the better their lives tend to be. Just look at the female human with the strange hair in your tutor group for an example.

You're not always optimistic, most of the time, but not always. Do you mean the Master of the Universe? If so, yes, I suppose you are right...

Last edited:
Ahh, misunderstood you. I thought you were saying not to always look on the bright side. Nah, I'm not always, but generally I'd like to think I am.

And yes, I was talking about her...

I'm a little of both I think. I start as an optimist but then I tell myself not to get too excited because it probably won't work out the way I want to. But I'm very optimistic for the future though.

Guuuuys, picking realist is cheating!! It's not on the poll. [ANGRY FACE]

Nah kiddin' but really how do you know what to pick on the poll?

I find the fact the the poll remains consistently 50/50 very surprising.

(tch, 50% of people aren't like me. life sucks.)

I know everyone wants to say "neither - I'm a realist", and no one ever actually is, but I think I actually do have a fairly realistic outlook on future evens. If I'm upset, I usually think "two weeks or so from now, you know it won't even matter", which you could say is optimistic, but it's also usually true. :|

So, neither, I guess.

EDIT: also, studies show that pessimists are actually usually right! see, life sucks. but, the same studies show that optimists tend to live longer. so, now, if you're an optimist you can rest easy with the knowledge that you're going to live a long and happy life, and if you're a pessimist, you can dwell on the fact that you're going to die all too soon :)

Pessimist. By far the better of the two. Pessimists are never disappointed when things go wrong and optimists are never pleasantly surprised if they go right. :D

Back
Top Bottom