• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Can't say I know the reason why, but it gives the person who commands first an advantage by letting him pick a counter to his opponent's mon

It's never been a rule in any ASB as far as I'm aware, actually—if it ever was for TCoD it was gone before I joined, and that was back in 2006 two board changes ago—and frankly I'm surprised you found enough from one time period to assume that that was ever the case. That's never been a terribly common battle style.

Re: attract. I used to play in a league where attract was restricted by egg group, but thought that the complications it caused weren't worth it for the "realism" or "nerfing" it might cause. If you have problems with attract, ban or restrict it from your battles.

Re: everyone wondering about if something counts towards the damage cap. This is correct:
I'm pretty sure the only damage that ignores caps is the damage caused by a Pokémon's own move, i.e. Belly Drum or Curse.

And any sort of arena-related damage that is specifically stated to ignore damage caps.

I noticed while lurking through old battles that in the beginning of ASB pokémon were sent out and orders given by PM. Why is it no longer the case?
This was never the norm. While it has always been possible to have battles like this if you wanted, it has never been the common choice.

Is the rule that you can't change a final evolution's sig move/attribute gone?
I saw some posts in the Pokemon Registration Office that implied that we could.

Is the rule that you can't change a final evolution's sig move/attribute gone?
I saw some posts in the Pokemon Registration Office that implied that we could.

You can change (or add one) it when the Pokemon is evolved or if they don't have a sig/attribute already, or if you buy one. I'm pretty sure ones you buy from shops overwrite other ones so you could change it that way.

I have a Corsola with Hustle that will eventually wear a pair of Zoom Lens.

The question is, does Zoom Lens give a 20% in accuracy (e.g putting perfectly accurate physical moves at 100% accuracy) or only 20% of the original accuracy, making them only 96% accurate?

I mean if you already made one, then want to edit it.
If it substantially changes the nature of the move or attribute, you can't.

I have a Corsola with Hustle that will eventually wear a pair of Zoom Lens.

The question is, does Zoom Lens give a 20% in accuracy (e.g putting perfectly accurate physical moves at 100% accuracy) or only 20% of the original accuracy, making them only 96% accurate?
20% of the original accuracy.

What happens when a pokémon fails a confusion check (and whether to make those checks at all while chilling) is generally the ref's call. If you want there to be a chance for some sort of confusefail even while chilling, or at least a reduction in the amount of energy regained, you can; if not, then you don't have to.

Are signature moves that weren't approved at the time of battle thread-making treated as if the Pokémon doesn't know them?

If so, can the person reorder if they ordered second?

Pokémon can only be used in the same state they were in when battle began. If the evolution, item acquisition or (signature) move/modification was not valid at the time the ref made the first post, it cannot be used in battle.

When to allow people to reorder is up to the ref, but most would probably allow them to do so in this case (even if they'd attacked first, as far as I'm concerned; then the player who attacked second would simply change their orders as well).

Wondering when and how DW abilities will be incorporated?

(specifically, I was looking to buy an Immunity Gligar)

Pretty sure Negrek still hasn't decided how/whether they will be brought into the league yet, except for special giveaways like the Unova Exchange or special one-off prizes.

They are available as prizes or from special events. You will never be able to buy an immunity gligar (from the Registration Office; you can always try hitting up someone who has one).

Back
Top Bottom