• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

If a Pokemon like Horsea, Seedot, Litwick, etc. that evolves by normal experience and then by participating in a battle be able to evolve twice if they were holding the right item? For example, a Litwick needs 4 EXP to evolve into Lampent (if I recall). If it got three experience from one battle, and then two from another while holding a Dusk Stone would it be able to evolve into Lampent and Chandelure all at the same time, or would it need to participate in one more battle as a Lampent?

If a Seedot got 2 experience in one battle holding a leaf stone, though, it wouldn't trigger evolution into Shiftry, right?

That shouldn't matter; the seedot needs to be nuzleaf when it battles with the leaf stone in order to evolve, one way or another.

I might be misreading something, but that seems to contradict what you said about the Litwick.
Ah, I'm afraid I completely misread the earlier question about the litwick. What I thought was asked was, "I have a litwick holding a dusk stone. It's participating in two battles. In one, it gets enough experience to evolve to lampent (and does so). Then the second one finishes. Can Lampent evolve to Chandelure, or does it need to battle again as a lampent first?" To which the answer is no. But if you had a litwick holding a dark stone that had 4 EXP, and you sent it into battle again as a litwick (still holding a dark stone) and earned another EXP, you couldn't then go directly litwtick -> lampent -> chandelure. It's only okay in the scenario I mentioned because it's just weirdness caused by pokémon getting used in multiple battles at once.

If a Pokémon is sent out multiple times over the course of a switch-style battle, does it gain EXP each time?

If a Pokémon is sent out multiple times over the course of a switch-style battle, does it gain EXP each time?
You only get your "sent into battle" EXP once, so no, not unless it manages to knock out something each time it's sent into battle.

Is the damage from Rocky helmet and iron barbs affected by the damage cap, or is it in addition to the cap, like poisoning?

I'm gonna say it's for the same reason they don't have Levitate as an ability. Or, because they don't have Levitate as an ability.

Lucas₇₅₅;519713 said:
Is the damage from Rocky helmet and iron barbs affected by the damage cap, or is it in addition to the cap, like poisoning?
Since when does poison ignore the cap? o_o

Lucas₇₅₅;519713 said:
All not-self-inflicted damage is part of the damage cap, so it is affected.

Not sure about Lampent and Chandelure, but Levitate isn't technically needed for inherently hovering status.

Why is Lampent and Chandelure Consensually Hovering and not Inherently Hovering?
Because I think they can support themselves without hovering.

Lucas₇₅₅;519951 said:
Wait, it doesn't? I always thought it did.
It doesn't. The only things that ignore the damage cap are self-inflicted damage and things that specifically say that they ignore the cap.

Back
Top Bottom