• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

No.

Well, I suppose it would depend on how you had the pokémon initiate the earthquake; because I usually have pokémon strike the ground in some way to get a tremor going, which they wouldn't be able to do if trapped in the air. If you reffed it as a purely energy-based thing, though, then there obviously wouldn't be a problem. I think the latter is quite an uncommon interpretation, though, so "no" is a pretty good blanket answer, I think.

Yes, you can disable chill.

Probably not much. It's just a fairly narrow beam of energy, so unless it was swept around to try to cut through the web, it would just burn a hole of whatever diameter in the webbing. If the web was large enough/with wide spaces between strands, and depending on how the attack was aimed, it might not even damage the web at all.

When Spite is used as the first move of the first action, does it fail or does it target the last move used in the previous round?

Can Rest be performed without the healing effect to abide by the rule of "no direct healing moves," or is the healing part necessary?

Can Rest be performed without the healing effect to abide by the rule of "no direct healing moves," or is the healing part necessary?

Since Rest is a direct healing move, it's not allowed to be used under such a rule at all, so it would have no effect whatsoever.

I mean its effects. Secret Power varies depending on the location.
A giant spiderweb would fall under "Other," thus, paralysis.

When Spite is used as the first move of the first action, does it fail or does it target the last move used in the previous round?
Spite works against the last successful attack the target used, which might well be an attack made in a prevoius round.

It can't, although as Zoroark pointed out it doesn't matter anyway.

How much recoil does struggle do? And if a pokemon that is taunted has no attacking options, will it struggle?

Struggle does 1/4 the damage dealt in recoil, as is the rule for almost all recoil attacks. A pokémon will struggle if it can't use any of its commands due to taunt, yes.

If a Pokemon with Illusion is hit by a draining move that targets energy instead of HP, does Illusion still fade away?
Yes.

For Encore, what exactly does "if the target realizes it has been decieved" mean?
What Zoroark said, with the added note that a pokémon typically realizes what's up when it breaks off its encore. This makes each successive encore more likely to fail than the last.

Back
Top Bottom