• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

B&W is starting to make me mad >(

brandman

^ pretty amazing
I'm not sure this would still go here now it's released in Japan, but here goes nothing...

Well, I am. Why? Well, it started at it's release of the names...

Beforehand, I've always wanted to make a fan game named, POKEMON: Obsidian Version and/or POKEMON: Pumice Version. Both are lava rocks and are colored BLACK and WHITE. That's when it starts.

Next, came with the ideology of it being based on New York or NYC. Those games listed above would be based on Florida, despite no volcanoes... it would have tied in somehow with the story. Based off a state rather than an area in Japan? MINE!

Also, the main character/'s would've been older, around 12, and 13. Anyone know how old approximately B&W's mc are?

One fakemon would have been a candle stick...

Hitomoshi

And it's evolution a Chandelier...

Shandera

Coincidental? I don't think so. Nintendo is after me.... :scared:

But besides all of that I think they're going to be awesome! :D

Sometimes there are coincidences. You're not alone.

A lot of people have made black and white fangames. You're not special.

Lots of people have made electric zebra fakemon, and now they're doing that.

Your issues aren't special and you just sound whiny. Me and at least two more people I know from here have had ideas they thought were original created in the games. It's purely coincidental. Get over it.

Your issues aren't special and you just sound whiny. Me and at least two more people I know from here have had ideas they thought were original created in the games. It's purely coincidental. Get over it.

I'm not too mad, it was coincidental. I'm not being whiny. I did that for some humorous effect. Though that's not saying what I said was false because I did think of them. Dang, now I wish I got them out there earlier...

Oh, and there's also an ant pokemon. Anyone who's visited my shop should know about that. :sweatdrop:

Kinda like Butterfree.

I made a grass snake with arms and legs called "Sarutarji" before B/W were even heard of.

D:<

No, they're not twelve or thirteen. That really wouldn't make them look that much older compared to the previous eleven-year-olds we've been having.

But yeah, it's a coincidence, anyone could think of those things, and there's no need to make a big deal of it. Also, people tend to really, really overstate the similarities between fanmade fake Pokémon and real ones that come out later. People seriously came to me when D/P came out being all "lol Arceus/Dialga totally looks like Letaligon AM I RIGHT?" Just because it's based on the same animal/object, or has the same type, or the same number of legs, doesn't mean they're at all strangely similar.

Butterfree, somehow I think you missed that he was joking about being angry and stuff and was trying to be humorous.

Or maybe they're 10 because they mention that it's somebody's 10th birthday at the beginning? If I recall, anyway.

No, they're not twelve or thirteen. That really wouldn't make them look that much older compared to the previous eleven-year-olds we've been having.

But yeah, it's a coincidence, anyone could think of those things, and there's no need to make a big deal of it. Also, people tend to really, really overstate the similarities between fanmade fake Pokémon and real ones that come out later. People seriously came to me when D/P came out being all "lol Arceus/Dialga totally looks like Letaligon AM I RIGHT?" Just because it's based on the same animal/object, or has the same type, or the same number of legs, doesn't mean they're at all strangely similar.

Well, I think SuperYoshi888 nailed it so.

Butterfree, somehow I think you missed that he was joking about being angry and stuff and was trying to be humorous.

Thank you.

Let's just quit arguing and say they're fourteen.

Okay! :D Compromise!

Or maybe they're 10 because they mention that it's somebody's 10th birthday at the beginning? If I recall, anyway.

COMPROMISE!

Actually I was using Butterfree as an example of St. Chris's example of people making fakemon/items then suddenly they're ((or something simialr)) in a game/anime.

Actually I was using Butterfree as an example of St. Chris's example of people making fakemon/items then suddenly they're ((or something simialr)) in a game/anime.

Yes but then she replied and then superyoshi888 stated I wasn't mad and just trying to be humorous.

No. I know that he's obviously not actually mad and doesn't seriously think they're stealing his ideas, and I never said he was, but it is implied in the fact he made a thread about it to begin with that he does think it's somewhat remarkable, and that's the sentiment I was responding to.

I think the problem is that it's not actually amusing or interesting.

1ru8ud.gif

No. I know that he's obviously not actually mad and doesn't seriously think they're stealing his ideas, and I never said he was, but it is implied in the fact he made a thread about it to begin with that he does think it's somewhat remarkable, and that's the sentiment I was responding to.

Oh okay.

Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Heck, how long have people been "predicting" a pure Flying type?

Oh okay.

Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Heck, how long have people been "predicting" a pure Flying type?

Awesome sauce. Agreements

I think the problem is that it's not actually amusing or interesting.

1ru8ud.gif

Uh... I think it's amusing and interesting! >:( But what the hell? Crab=/=Cigarette

Uh... I think it's amusing and interesting! >:( But what the hell? Crab=/=Cigarette

I know crabs aren't cigarettes. This crab is, in fact, holding a cigarette. I don't think it's holding an unfortunately transmogrified member of its family or something or I don't think he'd merely be dealing with it.

Back
Top Bottom