• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think Game Freak's having some trouble coming up with new Pokemon...

We now have TWO psychic tapirs/bakus.
[images]

first of all, there's a reference to Munna in freaking Red and Green. (one of the lasses says something about wanting to hug a pink pokemon with a floral pattern.) so basically munna (or at least the idea) was around back then, but wasn't put into the games.

secondly...wargle and murkorw look nothing alike, other than being...uh, birds.

Wait, more pigeons? I don't see any pigeon Pokémon other than the new ones.

first of all, there's a reference to Munna in freaking Red and Green. (one of the lasses says something about wanting to hug a pink pokemon with a floral pattern.) so basically munna (or at least the idea) was around back then, but wasn't put into the games.

secondly...wargle and murkorw look nothing alike, other than being...uh, birds.

1. Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot. They don't look like pigeons, but the names say it all!

2. I thought that lass was just being generically lass-like? :freaked:

3. Check out the face. The beaks are slightly different in shape, but to me, Wargle's just a Swellow/Ho-Oh with a Murkrow face. :unsure:

They bear no resemblance to pigeons except for their names, though, not at all. Not in appearance or behaviour.

Every generation, it's the same old song and dance.

"Game Freak has run out of ideas!" they shout. "Look how uncreative they are!"

Even though they clearly haven't/aren't. Ugh.

Also, Game Freak does use old ideas. Off the top of my head, the Shellos line was meant for Gen III and they found old artwork of White-chan in an artbook.

284ild.png

Just thought it was a good opportunity to post this :v

@ up: I lost. Oh wait, wrong thread. The Voltorb->Electrode image is win.

Yes, Giga, it was just the lass being lass-like, but why does that mean it can't also be a reference? Ketsu is correct about Shellos, by the way.

Also, Game Freak does use old ideas. Off the top of my head, the Shellos line was meant for Gen III and they found old artwork of White-chan in an artbook.

also Leaf.

and there's speculation that the beasts were originally gonna be in RBY because of Arcanine's status as the "legendary Pokemon"

Saying that Murkrow and Eaglemon are the same thing because they're birds is like saying that molasses is like glue because they're both slow moving liquids.

although more pigeons
The Pidgey line are only like pidgeons in name only. The pidgeons this generation are actually pidgeons.

another fire-type primate
Except unlike the other fire type primates, this one is actually moreso based on something else

and Kibago's suspicious similarity to Larvitar
...it has a horn like half of the other Pokemon out there, red eyes like many other Pokemon. The only distinguishing thing that looks incredibly similar between the two is that they have a similar color.

Last edited:
That is great Spaekle. It is now saved on my desktop.

To make this relevant:

Mudkipz_doesn__t_liek_Mijumaru_by_Sklavenbrause.png

...Oohhhh so Mudkip was the one who won the internet! Oh okaiz.

P.S: Mean Mudkip is mean. D:

EDIT: Seeing as mostly everyone is talking about similarities,I just have to say that there will always be a Pokémon that looks like another. :/

And Gamefreak definitly isn't running out of ideas - they just hire a new batch of people to create more Pokémon for each generation. If anyone's going to blame someone for Pokémon designs,blame the people who actually design them instead of Gamefreak. :/

That being said and done with,everyone have a fantastic night/day/evening or whatever time it is in your place. XC

Last edited:
I can't wait until all the Pokemon are revealed, just to see tons of people complain about how they just keep re-using designs, hate the English names, and then move on for the next generation to repeat.

People always complain about the new Pokémon designs - some people are still reeling from Generation III. But some of the Pokémon from Gen I were pretty lazy as well - what about Koffing --> Weezing and Magnemite --> Magneton? At least Gen IV brought something new to the Magnemite line. Satoshi Tajiri seemed perfectly happy to just multiply a Pokémon by two or three and say, "There, I'm done." Like Spaekle's post, if the Pokémon from Red and Blue were released today, people would still complain. I actually think that the quality of Pokémon was very high in Gen III, so, um, crucify me in flames if you want.

In terms of the new Pokémon, in Koromori I think we have finally found a replacement for Zubat. Fwee :D Now all we need is a replacement for Tentacool (please please please please Gamefreak do it), and one for Geodude. Also, Rankurusu makes it completely worth having one version over the other.

They need a floating rock mon to replace Geodude and they need a mega-shark who evolves into giga-shark who evolves into supa-shark and they will replace the Tentacool line. And then we will all be happy!

Yayaayayay.

I also like the deeper plot. I mean, the DPPl plot was ok, but the evil team stuffed it. All they need is an awsome evil team (Maybe a scenario where the player is forced to lose for a change) and to be able to apply said evil team without ruining said awsomeness plot

I personally think that Nate will pretty much only be Blue, but with Cyrus like ubermensch/nietzche wannabe. But it is more interesting, but I don't even think there is an evil team in this one ... well, not yet.

Besides, DPPt's plot was pretty much built off of Team Galactic.

Well, I guess the gym challenge might ... nope, no plot. But it had more then the original Kanto/Johto did, anyway. I'm expecting along the same line for BnW's plot.

Considering Pokémon's plots are poor at best, I think RSE came the closest to having any reasonable plot that vaguely made sense. And that's quite sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom