• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victini's new move "Complete Burn" sounds like either a Fire-type 1-hit-KO, or maybe a burn equivalent of Toxic. I wonder... if it is Burn-Toxic, would the Attack-lowering effect also increase, or just the damage?

That flying squirrel looks an awful lot like a Pachirisu evolution. Same "white with yellow cheeks" color scheme (though it has black instead of light blue), same huge head with semi-small body, similar face, and so on. It's probably not actually related though, since it seems to be around the same size as Pachirisu rather than being bigger... but then again, we've had Pokémon that get smaller when they evolve (Haunter --> Gengar and Gloom --> Bellossom), so that doesn't necessarily count it out as an evolved form.

Wait, the deer is Normal/Grass type? Okay, it's definitely not related to Stantler. That's a really odd combination, though, especially since it doesn't really look planty at all... or maybe that's why it's a Normal/Grass rather than just Grass.
Maybe the thing's second type, and even ability, also change depending on which season it's in (Ice for winter, I'm guessing... maybe Fire in summer? not sure about fall, unless it goes all Halloween-y and becomes Normal/Ghost.)

Growth boosting both Attack and Spc. Attack is a nice change. A lot of the more physical-based Grass-types (like the Bellsprout line) having Growth seemed slightly pointless after they made moves like Vine Whip and Razor Leaf into physical attacks, and it makes a lot of sense that growing out your planty-stuff would boost both physical and special planty attacks.

Honestly now if anyone seriously thinks that Shellos is in any way related to that deer, I'd be very surprised.

Well, there were people who thought Shellos was a baby Lapras back when it was first revealed...

Chloe O'Brian >>>>>> Jack Bauer

Completely off-topic, but I keep reading this as "Conan O'Brien >>>>>> Jack Bauer."

I completely take back what I said about it looking like shellos.

It's so much better than shellos!

It probably wont be a Pachi evo (Unless they make it like with Magmortar, its a Gen IV Pokémon but you need to beat the league before you can get it) because they won't be using Pachi. Isshu is so far away, no Tentacruel can swim far enough, no Golem can dig so far, no Crobat can fly such a long distance (ect ect)(But that might not be bad if they don't have even-more annoying Isshu-version bat, rock, squid, whatever) so no Gen I, II, III, or IV mon are going to be seen until after the leauge.

Why would they make a Gen V only pokemon that will only be able to be obtained after the elite four, along with all of the other pokemon from past regions?

No, new flying electric squirrel is most certainly going to be the Pikachu/Pusle/Minun/Pachirisu/ of this gen.

Why would they make a Gen V only pokemon that will only be able to be obtained after the elite four, along with all of the other pokemon from past regions?

...because every single generation before it did the same thing?

You couldn't get Mewtwo until after the E4 in the 1st-gen games. You couldn't get a Houndour, Murkrow, Sneasel, Slugma, or Larvitar before the E4 in Gold and Silver. You couldn't get the Regis, Rayquaza, or Latios/Latias before the E4 in Ruby and Sapphire. The 4th-gen games even added evolutions of old Pokémon that you couldn't get before the E4.

So having new Pokémon that can't be found before the E4 wouldn't be anything new.

EDIT: Also, some old Pokémon can apparently be caught through this "dream world" thing, which seems to be available before the E4. So just because a Pokémon isn't in the Isshu Pokédex doesn't necessarily mean it can't be caught at all before the E4.

Also that new fish is totally this generation's Magikarp.

That new fish (the whole big scan) is apparently a complex fake, according to the newest update on Pokebeach :/
Too bad, I started to like the fishie already. :C

The seasons and Shikijika changing its colours are still real apparently and pretty awesome in my opinion :D
I just wish we'd get more of the real scans soon :U

But I liked that flying squirrel!

Oh well, it was time for the fake scans to make their grand reappearance anyway.

So there's a different in game season per real life month. And Aloe is a gym leader. If what Pokebeach said is true about the gym name, she may end up being a Rock type or Steel type gym leader.

But I liked that flying squirrel!
The squirrel isn't a fake (at least it hasn't been proven one yet), it was in one of those demo tour bus photos, not the big scan.
So you might still have a chance to train a flying squirrel :P

with the change to growth, it would be nice if meditate would be changed similarly. I mean, what's the fluff difference between it and clam mind?

Hey, serebii has a picture of a plant owl next to Darumakka from a demo pic. Just felt like pointing that out.

VIRTUAL TOUR OF ISSHU. Found this on Psypoke. I'll just quote the directions from psypoke "After loading the flash video, skip the intro and press the white button on top of the 'information' bar. Once loaded, you can click and move around the map, and mouse over certain locations for screenshots."

It's pretty neat, since it gives an idea of where some of the things in the screenshots are, mapwise.

Last edited:
It seems that starting town is in the west.

Which is kinda cool to me, because the only other one in the west was New Bark Town. But I'm a trivia nerd, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom