• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"Your majesties, I an searching for information on the realm of Moonland. We know of it's location - we have a small group of men there now - but we have very little written evidence other than basic geographical texts, and we require more evidence of it's cultural history. We also seek information regarding certain...rumours, which have come to us recently."

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"I have a section of the royal library on Moon Land. It is very dangerous now. We have monthly contact with the king. What rumors have you heard?"

"I have heard that there are plans regarding certain trapped spirits. It cannot yet be confirmed, but it is possible that these same creatures are connected to my homeland. If these ideas are correct, releasing those spirits would not be in our interests, hence the need to identify them."

"We will not have contact with Moon Land for 2 or 3 weeks, but I can have the contents of the Royal Library pertaining to Moon Land sent here, post haste." And with that he told a servant to have them in the castle in 2 days.

"I thank you for your assistance, your majesty."

"Your welcome. Your highness, what can Arylettopia do?"

Jackie squealed two words.

"What did you say?" asked Somon. "Molten Lard?"

She repeated it.

"Molten Lard?!"

She said it again, more harshly this time.

"MOLTEN LARD?!"

They argued back and forth. Jackie was the only one who seemed to know she was saying the words "Golden Shard."

"Eh...?"

Oh that Queen, that silly Queen!

The entire time, she had been barely listening, her slow and exhausted mind becoming bored and wandering. She had so little focus today. Where was that Castycal? He was the one who could handle things like this.

"What...? What's going on again?"

"I am sent, your majesty, to find as much information as I can on Moonland, so that my superiors can determine their next course of action."

Meanwhile, Timcyduch rode on through the darkness.
Raeneudd approached the city gates and slowed, expecting the need to stop.

Last edited:

Luckily for Arylett, Cas happened to be descending the steps of his tower at that moment with a large, heavy book under his arm. As he passed the throne room, he heard unfamiliar voices inside. Curious, he pushed the door ajar and stepped inside to see Queen Arylett talking to someone he didn't recognise.

"Ah... hello?" he said uncertainly.

"You should come to Ionia. We can get you there in a flash. Then we can personally talk to the King."

Dawn walked towards the conferance room while thinking how she would be able to contribute to the meeting.
>I hate these meetings... I never know what to say at them... But i guess i could always stay quiet and try to be ignored...

~~~~~
Five minutes later
~~~~~

Chronos was just starting the meeting when dawn came running in

>Sorry i'm late sir<
"Just...Sit..."

Dawn sat down and the meeting started.

(Just a note... I'm not posting the meeting b/c it has too many spoilers for my part in the plot)

Kinova smiled as the Queen made her way over in her usual less-than-graceful manner. She was just trying to think of something to say that was related to some courtly matter or another, but before she could come up with anything Arylett enquired about the Fashion... status. On the spot, Kinova could think of nothing much to say.

"Uh, well... there's pink. And green is very in too. Dresses! ...But mainly for women. Although there has been some very... uh..." she trailed off. "Um."

Luckily she was saved from spouting any more nonsense by Arylett having to excuse herself. Kinova gave a sigh of relief as the Queen (still looking rather dazed) wandered off to speak with King Phillip and a newcomer. Hm. That wasn't the usual Arylettopian garb he was wearing, but something foreign; Kinova was pleased with the fact that she'd recognised this. Curious, she strained her ears to try and catch what they were saying.

"I will be happy to take up your offer, but I would prefer to wait a little. Since I have come here, it would be remiss of me not to learn more of this land whilst I am here."

"I thought that the Moon Land thing was urgent"

"It is a high priority, but fortunately I have some short amount of time to spare, for now at least. I have a week to return and make my report, and thus it seems I would be a poor ambassador indeed if I were to visit a land and then depart immediately. I will also confess I am fatigued - where I have come from it is late evening, and I have been awake for a long time.
"Hello there, sir," he continued seamlessly towards the man who had just arrived.

"Greetings," Cas nodded, shuffling fully into the room. "Who might you be?"

---

Meanwhile, in Windia Castle, King Lan was just waking up, due to the large white bird standing on his head. He groaned sleepily and waved a hand at the Breezehawk, which fluttered over to a pure-silver perch in the corner.

Lan clambered out of bed, but quickly stood up and assumed an astute position, taking his crown from beside the bed and carefully placing it on his white hair. "Good morning, Zephyr," he called, and the bird squawked in reply.

"I am Malbarad Windstar of Pheboraedd, and I come seeking knowledge of Moonland."

Last edited:

((I thought it was called Awesomeno-City?))

"Well, welcome, Malbarad Windstar of Pheboraedd," Cas said with a smile. "I hope you seek the knowledge you wish. Which reminds me, I have a large number of books on Moon Land..."

((I dunno, probably me unable read anything long. Ever))

"More specifically, I need information on some spirit creatures and 'Golden Shards', as I have been sent to establish whether or not these are the same as certain similar artefacts mentioned in our own histories."

Raeneudd rode up to the Castle itself, her Martlet flying beside her. Unable to get in, she sent the small bird up over the walls in search of someone she could speak to.

Back
Top Bottom