• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"Are you sure, Queen? To Arylettopia?"
Lucas noticed the queen's distress. He figured she was worried about what everyone would think. "Would you like a milkshake first?"

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"ENOUGH OF THE FRICKING MILKSHAKES!" KP yelled, tiring of his insolence.

'Yes, no more meddling with milkshakes!' Eve said. Let us go to Arylettopia!

Lavender with Eve and Violet[who Eve was holding because Violet was too small to fly by herself] flew to Arylettopia.

Across mountains, lakes, rivers, even volcanoes they flew. Violet chirped happily and Lavender had a dreamy look on her face. Eve loved the feel of wind on her Mage cape.

As they went on Eve got slightly bored so she got out the book called 'Windia's past, present and future'[seen in another of my posts about Curagaja and Meteorga].

She started to read.

Chapter 68 - Treasures Part 1

Windia holds many treasures and we will talk about them all. However it makes sense to start with the most valued of them all, the Royal chocobo.

Once there was said to be a chocobo, greater than all others by the name of Purple. She was helpful, kind and all that stuff. However with every story there is a bad guy and in this case, chocobo.

That bad chocobo was one called Pink. Of course Purple being nice as she is couldn't help but try to stop Pink do the most horrible crimes in Windia's history.

The crimes include listening to Brittany Spears, Hannah Montana and others for a whole year. These crimes are known as 'The music crimes'.

Pink loved to watch people die from the horrible music and finally everyone died but royalty and chocobos.

Each and every chocobo was on Purple's side but Pink had one follower who was smart and evil. She started a war which carried on for 10 years.

At the end of the war Purple was losing due to her inability to hurt anyone. Purple died to the claws of Pink. However after dieing Purple passed her powers to a necklace. The powers are unuseable but the only helpful thing the necklace powers do is give light in the darkest of nights.

Eve finished reading and noticed that the necklace she wore was the same as the picture in the book! She had Purple's necklace! Then she remembered it did nothing but glow in the dark and stopped partying. She might as well have a glow stick.

They had arrived at Arylettopia.

Timcyduch stopped and listened to what was read
"Interesting," he commented, "that does sound familiar. In fact it seems as if it could very well be that the spirits in your legends could be the same as ours."

-----

No-one is Pheboraedd could now persuade Raeneudd not to go to Moon Land in search of Timcyduch. As soon as her magical powers had recharged, she went to the gate and began riding hard through the moonlit land.
Odd, I thought that this place was near the others I have visited tonight, so there should be daylight.

King Phillip followed Eve, and stopped at Ionia when he flew over it. He stopped and grabbed his Sacred Sword, which he had neglected to get due to the earlier time constraints. He then continued to Arylettopia.

At Arylettopia Eve made some Windian Tea for everyone who had already arrived while waiting for the others to come.

'Windian Tea is made of Windia's finist herbs and is very soothing and heals sickness' Eve said.

"Oh, it is? What are your legends that you think relate to ours?" he asked, now realizing that he had, in fact, read aloud.

"Thank you for the tea, Eve." King Phillip said, taking some and sipping it.

Kinova watched in some amusement as the Bird-Queen gobbled up the Rainbow Pellets. She then followed the hurried conversation amongst the others, and watched curiously as Cal's bizarre insect spun a copy of his multicoloured cape. No-one really seemed that interested in how Arylett had become a Curly-Tailed Bird, merely that she was one. Kinova was partially glad; she couldn't remember all that much and being asked for details of something she seemed to have fallen asleep in the middle of would have been embarrassing.

Having been distracted, she only realised that they were leaving when Eve took off on her Chocobo in a flurry of feathers and a whirl of dust, Phillip setting off after her. Not wanting to look even more useless by being left behind, Kinova clambered back onto her Bird and looked over at Arylett. "Uh... not to be rude, but do you... actually know how to fly?"

"Out own stories," explained Timcyduch, "speak of creatures which used to rule to world, but those creatures attracted dark things from the void, an entrance to which is located in our land. It is said that another evil defeated them, thus granting protection for our land and the world. The parts regarding how the spirits were sealed and the people involved are not recorded, for those who recorded the events in Pheboraedd did not know this, and the end of years of battle were of more interest to them, but what is common to both fits, and thus indicates the events may have been linked."

Raeneudd thundered up the the castle, and shouted up, "I, Crown Princess Raeneudd of Pheboraedd, seek entry to this fortress."

Oh no...

Not flying.

The one thing that Arylett was absolutely horrible at. She could NOT fly. The Bird-Queen looked at the ground, slightly abashed and shook her head. How... how was she going to get back to Arylettopia?

Lucas ignored King Philly's comment, getting annoyed at his insolence. He noticed that the queen had not begun to fly yet. "Arylett... are you alright? Can you fly? You can fly with me, if you'd like."
His dog let out a random bark. That usually meant trouble. "Arylett, we have little time! Are you ready?"

She shook her head.

"I can't fly... Not at all." Arylett chirped, knowing that it was useless to even try. Princess Eve and her translating chocobo had left.

Eve waited still. Violet's 10th sense tingled as she knew Arylett needed her services.

'What would you like to say Arylett?' Violet said telepathically 'I can talk telepathically to the group and tell them what you'd like to say'

((Sorry to be nitpicky, but is it not a bit... I dunno, almost Mary-Sue-ish that Violet has this power to sense when Arylett needs translations?))

Cas thought for a moment. He saw that Arylett was shaking her head in response to Lucas, and assuming that Curly-Tailed Bird sign language was the same as that of humans, that meant Arylett could not fly.

"If you like, you could ride on Spektra with me," he offered, and the rainbow-coloured beetle began to grow larger.

(OK ok, then but then how will Arylett communicate? My last post can be ignored.)

'OK, well they should arrive some time soon...' Lavender said to Eve.

'Yeah, they're taking quite a while' said Eve 'time for another drink?'

'Nah' said Violet who shook her head so everyone knew what she was saying.

'OK...' said Eve 'we'll just have to wait'

((She won't be able to until we meet you again. Life isn't always fair, y'know~))

(OK then. Poor Arylett, forgive me Your royal highness *bows*)

"Oh, I see. Well, do you know what this portal is called? Is it the Land Rift?" He asked in a very serious tone.

"Common consensus amongst our people is that the portal in our legends is what is now The Gate of Eternity, and is located at the heart of our land. The nature of that portal has been changed, so that it cannot now open into the void, but there is another, on an island some way from us, that has not been protected. I recall, although I am unclear, that sailors from the land closest to it call it the Dresthan Corina, which translates as 'Earth Void'. I can't be sure, but it seems as though it could be the same as your Land Rift," Timcyduch elaborated.

Raeneudd entered the castle, rode up to a servant, dismounted, and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck.
"Where is the King of Moon Land?" she demanded.

Back
Top Bottom