• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

Funbit.png

I call it Funbit, which is of course a pathetic name, so feel free to change it.

Am I improving?

I have a few Pokemon ideas if you want them.

Werebit:
picture.php

Pinslor:
picture.php

If you like them, can I be an aspiring Pokemon Researcher who befriends the main character in the beginning, then leaves but shows up from time to time? And towards the end of the game you get to battle me. If so, then I'll provide you with a character sprite.

Last edited:
Okay everyone, thanks for the sprites, keep them coming. Something that I have noticed is that some of the sprites are too big for FR & LG, I had a look and the maximum size is 64x64. Your sprites won't be put ingame if they don't fit, so please resize them.:grin:

Also I just wanted to say that the more you contribute to the game, a bigger part you get ingame.

EDIT: Also I just updated my websie with all the new pokemon, if you have submitted one and it's not there it's probably because it doesn't fit in the maximum limit 64x64.

http://pokemonaeatearoa.jimdo.com

Last edited:
Here's some stuff you may need.

picture.php

Kiwi bird Backsprite

picture.php

Overworld sprites.

EDIT: I'm gonna come up with a name for the Doduo Kiwi. Perhaps the baby one could be called 'Chiwi'. Name derived from Kiwi and Chibi.

All these sprites should be FR/LG styled, I think, or it'll look weird with both DPPt and FR/LG styled sprites, get it?

I can also redo some sprites, if it's okay for the creator.

Also, I need ideas for sprites, as I'm muuuch better at spriting than designing :[ My designs are bleh, and the evos of the fakemon I make looks looks simply like a bigger version of the first stage...

Perhaps you could design an evolution for my Kiwi?

EDIT: After all of the maps are designed, I'll decide on a location for my house.

Ain't there enough Kiwis already? And I also think it looks too much like Doduo too.

Ok, I think that will be enough Kiwis, as IT said there's sheep and also I wanted a Weta if someone wants to and some Tuataras.

Also I need Dino Pokemon, anykinds at the moment. Also try to get type variations so that not all the new pokemon are the same.

I'm also looking for anyone with great ideas that they'd like to see ingame.:grin:

Last edited:
I'll redo Hammed completely. After all, it's my sprite and design ;)

EDIT: No, not completely.

Great, keep them coming as well because I love Hammed, he looks great.

EDIT: Also fi anyone can make a banner for the game with the proper Pokemon and subtitle writing and some of the new pokemon it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey, mind if I help? I would get a few sprites made, but the computer I'm on doesn't have Paint or Photoshop. o.0 I do mostly recolours and splices. There was an idea about splicing, but it would take too much time? I might be able to do some.

Here's a smaller Werebit.

picture.php

I'll try to resize Pinslor again... It didn't turn out well the first time I tried.

Also, I'll try to do some dino Pokemon and some back sprites for the Pokemon I've already submitted.

You could download paint, I think and any contributions are welcome. And also I need new evolutions and pre-evolutions.

(Thanks Tropiking)

EDIT: I just remembered I wanted some possums as well,

Last edited:
Okay! I feel so dumb, my computer ended up having Paint :sweatdrop: Okay, here's a test sprite!!

Oh crud, I feel so dumb. How do I put a sprite in a post? :dead:

Back
Top Bottom