• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

Cool little guy, he looks cute.
And absolutely, you have all rights to use anything associated with Lapitung and good luck if you're making your own game.

EDIT: RuffledFeathers, I thought you contributed Catanda just after you repositioned that bird pokemon in your shop?

*shakes head* It was another sprite...one I kinda don't like though. You can keep Catanda anyway.

It's ok. =) If I wasn't so uninspired at the moment I would scratch something, but the only thing I can do at the mo is write.

Cryptica: I don't think so, it should be facing to our right and it does. Does it look like it's facing the other way?

mumei-tensai: I'm not sure which DP sprites I'll be using at the moment, it really depends on how many fakemons I going to include and that hasn't been finalised yet. With Munchlax, Riolu and Lucario, Rilou and Lucario are definately going to be ingame as they are some of my favourites and am going to be using them in the story. Also Munchlax is going to be used at the beginning to help you get your starter Pokemon.
Thanks for offering, if there are any others that are definately going ingame, I'll pm you if you want.

EDIT: I put Lucario ingame and here are some screenshots. The first one is your first trainer battle (rival) and the others are Riolu evolving.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Everything is awesome. I wish I could have donated a few more things... NaNo's getting in my way, and school. If you want me to try to minimize DP sprites, that's probably the only thing I could help with. Or anything else, but I probably won't do much. =P

Thanks, when I decide which DP sprites I'm going to use I'll send you a pm.
Also I'm creating a new better website for the game (I got freewebs working on my laptop) because the old one was horrible to work with and hard to organize. At the moment I'm filling up the new Pokemon page.
Any ideas for the website?

sorry i have not posted recently. i will read the previus parts of the thread to see what needs doing. may i suggest you make a list on the front saying what spriting needs done?

EDIT: may i do the guardians of nature and/or air?

Okay, I'll do it if I have time. At the moment I'm uploading all the sprites to the new website and putting in their basic info.

EDIT: I just noticed your edit on your previous post, sorry but at the moment Full Metal Cookies is designing them although I haven't heard from him/her in a while.

i see that you are not using crystail and farost. ah well. im currently working on a firefly fire bug type that turns into a dragon bug tyoe dragonfly pokemon that turns into a grass dragon dragonfly.

are you going to make a way for the people who play this to battle each other when the game is done?

sorry, my family is having thanksgiving diner-....... lunch, and i will not be able to post for a while. oooohhhhhh......... pie.........................

Where have I ever said that I'm not using anyone's sprites? I said a few times that all sprites made for the game have been filed and the when it comes time to choose the pokedex for the game, that's when I'll decide.

And about people being able to battle each other, I have no idea how to do that with a rom but I think my friend nows how. I'll see him tommorrow and ask.

EDIT: Also I made a little banner including Aquatter who was drawn by Kratos Aurion, it's just a quick thing I did this morning.
picture.php

Last edited:
Hey, White wolf.
I was thinking I would make a few sprites but I'm not that good at scratch, I'll take a shot anyway.

But thats not what I wanted to say. I don't know if this has come up and, although all the sprites are awesome, you'll needsome back sprites, like in battle sprites. I was just telling you so everyone didn't have to re-make every sprite if you decided to use back sprites. But I'll take a shot at some sprites.

Oh and you'll probably find mine are Dragon types.
Do we have to make dinosaur types? Not that I've got anything against it.

Yeah, I keep askin people to make backsprites for their pokemon but only a few actually do. I have quite alot of front sprites at the moment but about three quarters don't have backsprites. I would do some myself but I attepted some and found I suck at backsprites.

Back
Top Bottom