• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

Terry, no offence, but you've asked for what, four trainers now? Do you not think that's a bit much?

I have two new ideas. For the prevo of Raptark, [Predatark], and for the prevo of that, [Raptary].

EDIT: I have concept art of two pokemon I'd like to include in the game. If someone could please find the time to sprite them, I'd be glad. I don't mind name changes, but I'd like the Pokemon to look the same.
FURUGON
DRAGACTYL

Last edited:
I'll decide when I start adding trainers to the game, at the moment I'm mapping the region and creating some custom tile (snow)

Kai: The names will have to be okayed by Tropiking but I like them. Also, those two look great, I would do them but I'm trying to finish these snow tiles before I leave for NZ.

EDIT: As suggested by Kai (pm), I've set an MSN for Pokemon Aotearoa for talking about the game.
pokemonaotearoa@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited:
Well, some Sphere scripters from Spheriki (sphere forums) are writing the systems for the game because I tried but just can't get the hang of the language. But because every system has to be written again, it's going to take ages and so I'm currently making a hack version which I'll be able to finish before the Sphere versions ready for me to start working on it.

Raptary is a good name for the first stage and I like Predatark for the second, but isn't there already one named Predafrost. It's kind of repetitive don't you think? But Raptary has an ok from me.

I'm in a spriting mood, so do you need me to make any sprites?

But seriously, this is the fourth time I've asked for critique on my updated Felispar, and none of you have answered. I just want to make it better, so I can't be ignored like this...
Felispar1.png

Well, The head looks pushed to the left, and the whole body is somewhat skinny. Also, Ig the right arm is closer to us, then the arm should gradually get larger towards the hand. The legs should be fatter, too.

Too true :grin:

At the moment I'm converting my starter town from a sunny little town full of flowers into a cosy snow town with snow covering the trees and rooves and kids making snowmen :grin:
I thought it would make an interesting start to your adventure, plus every game has you start in a sunny little town and I thought it was time for a change.

I'm leaving soon, going to grandparents first and then flying off tommorrow. I'll be out for a while with jetlag so won't be on at all for a while.
Also, while I'm gone, Tropiking is in charge and so any questions should be directed at him but nothing about the game, just the sprites.

So, bye everyone, next time I talk I'll be on the other side of the world :grin:

I'll do a Fuegomo.
Fuegomo.png

?

I'm assuming the question mark means you want me to critique Fuegomo...?

If not, PLEASE ignore the rest of this post.

First of all, the outline could be a bit darker. I can't really see it, so this would be nice ;D

Second, also add black to the outline once it's darker :)

Third, the light is seemingly coming from nowhere and everywhere on the sprite. Keep it focused on the top-left-front, please ;)

Back
Top Bottom