• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

yeah i admit i’m like trying to resist tunneling her, i just am trying to go with my gut more often this game and i didn’t like 1581 or whatever it was because i disagreed with it kind of patently

i will probably just be voting to balance wagons for now tbh

@Vipera Magnifica I kinda just typed this because I thought I might die but, if you get to, then I get to make one too

Question 1: Where is the sound still buffering?

The Flagler Museum = A
Ding Darling = B
The Dali Museum = C

Question 2: Whose skeleton have I yet to assemble?

Harold = D
Monty = E
Bernice = F

Question 3: What's the new queen's name?

Maypop = G
Francesca = H
Daffodil = I

Put together the letters to determine my role

ADG = Innocent Child
ADH = Vanilla Town
ADI = Alien
AEG = Doctor
AEH = Lovers
AEI = Lie Detector
AFG = Cop
AFH = Doctor
AFI = Serial Killer
BDG = Jailkeeper
BDH = Lynchproof
BDI = Lover Maker
BEG = Bodyguard
BEH = Survivor
BEI = Oracle
BFG = Bus Driver
BFH = Bulletproof
BFI = Vigilante
CDG = Motion Detector
CDH = Backup
CDI = Tracker
CEG = Vanilla Town
CEH = Executioner
CEI = Watcher
CFG = Vanilla Town
CFH = Commuter
CFI = Role Blocker

Anyway re @mewtini do you mean like, this post?

why is there separation between me and rari? we’ve both gotten pointed out for “insta-defending” so i’m just wondering
I was kinda like trying to make a joke saying I don't know anything about rari other than we played Push The Button together (obviously I remember I threw them under the bus in order to win as alien as a group--sorry lol). Didn't mean to be confusing but more like meant that was kind of the only way I differentiate rari from other people in my brain because there are a portion of people idk on here. I was also kinda incorrect in thinking rari joined as one of the people from another mafia forum--forgot where I thought I heard that (probably vm but maybe I just got people confused because I don't know everyone as well and mixed someone up).

I think some of my "insta-defending" sentiments just come from the reactions I see below the posts, like if the same people always like the same person's posts. (Although at the same time I think some people, just based on personality, are more inclined to do this or not do this. Even depending on where you look at the forums from, like if you're viewing from a phone it might be inconvenient to hit the like button a bunch of times)

I think some of my "insta-defending" sentiments just come from the reactions I see below the posts, like if the same people always like the same person's posts. (Although at the same time I think some people, just based on personality, are more inclined to do this or not do this. Even depending on where you look at the forums from, like if you're viewing from a phone it might be inconvenient to hit the like button a bunch of times)
in my defense, I tend to react to pretty much everything tbh

Thoughts on Ultracool

I like his thought in #968 about why kyeugh wants the mafia to look at the flavor more; I don't think it was actually a suspicious post on kyeugh's part, but it's an original, off-kilter sort of thought that sounds like he's genuinely looking for stuff that might be suspect?

Then, in #974, he opines that the Trebek reaction test just seemed like a reaction test, rather than trying to throw shade - which makes his generally noncommittal nature and refusal to give opinions D1 more convincing, I think? Like, here's mewtini prompting him with an opportunity to commit to something and go along with existing suspicions in the thread, but he still maintains he doesn't think anything of it, which makes it sound like the lack of significant reads is genuine and not a result of just being nervous about giving thoughts as mafia.

On the other hand, in #978 he promises to go reread the Keldeo/Trebek interaction and then just disappears. I guess that could happen as town. @Mr. Ultracool Did you do this reread, and did you have any further thoughts?

Then his #1588 where he says he accidentally unsubscribed is kind of weird, but on the other hand he's also coming in with the same sort of thought as earlier, noticing something he finds suspect and picking it out. #1613 is another original thought along those lines.

Overall I think he's definitely been more erratic today, but I'm still not suuuuper inclined to vote for him at the moment. Lurky mafia seems more likely to make non-attention-grabby posts and go with the flow a bit, I think, rather than coming up with these sorts of original suspicions pointing out stuff nobody else has noticed and actively maintaining he doesn't find stuff that's being pointed out by others suspect. Not impossible, and obviously I've never seen how he plays as mafia, but it feels like odd scum play.

Tofu

She's basically not present at all on D1; makes a brief remark that she dislikes the thought of people scrutinizing others' online activity (can't be assed to keep reading back, but I'm assuming this was in response to Trebek(?)'s speculation about people who were online at the same time), then votes to abstain because she has no idea.

She vaguely mentions having suspicions she doesn't want to elaborate on in #1227.

She makes three posts in a row starting with #1347, the ones I originally townread, where she speculates about there potentially being lovers and suggests re kyeugh discussion that the mafia would probably go along with the town's lynches rather than starting their own, and that at the beginning of the game the mafia could probably easily nudge the town to vote incorrectly rather than having to do it themselves. I still think these are pretty good thoughts.

#1429 suspects mewtini and kyeugh for dominating the discussion, because being that invested and contributing so much is something mafia are more likely to do. I don't agree with this, but it seems like it comes from an okay place.

#1581 is kind of frustrated at the townreads on kyeugh, that people are defending her on the basis of "hypocop" (this is probably mostly referring to me). She suggests everyone's kind of blindly trusting her and mewtini, and says we should lynch kyeugh for the information content; she thinks Indigo is probably vanilla town and is 95% certain about VM's role.

(For the record, I hypocopped kyeugh before she came under suspicion by anyone; subsequently, I tried to act as if I might be an actual cop with a greencheck on her, because that's the point of hypocop. I found VM's statistical reasoning dodgy for the reasons I stated, and I definitely do think it was proposed with the intention of persuading us to vote kyeugh; as I recall, he made that post after I questioned the idea that it was necessarily suspicious that kyeugh had voted for three townies. Now that I've dropped the pretense of possibly being a cop, for the record, I don't actually strongly townread kyeugh's behaviour in the thread; I picked her out as likely town at the very start, but since then have felt less confident, hence why I did admit I'd have to reread how kyeugh started the wagons.)

Then, finally, in #1604 she votes Ultracool after VM scumreads his comeback post.

I dunno, I don't feel great about lynching either of them? Tofu's really against the grain and that frustration feels genuine. I'm not wild about her and VM vouching for each other based on IRL behaviour and commenting on the game privately (I heartly agree that we really don't need to use a billion opaque mafia acronyms, though), and I'm still not sure I trust VM, but that also seems like sort of a ridiculous play if they're actually both scum? Ugh.

i haven't had an idea what i was doing for abt 5 years and i don't intend to pretend that i do

shit's like "i have a thought about the thought that guy had about a thought that guy had" and i'm just here like "mechanical information pls :("

I'm assuming this was in response to Trebek(?)'s speculation about people who were online at the same time
that speculation was from myuma iirc

that also seems like sort of a ridiculous play if they're actually both scum?
def agree. though if Tofu’s indeed town, that doesn’t say much about VM’s alignment, as he could want to clear himself by association

I'm not wild about her and VM vouching for each other based on IRL behaviour and commenting on the game privately (I heartly agree that we really don't need to use a billion opaque mafia acronyms, though), and I'm still not sure I trust VM, but that also seems like sort of a ridiculous play if they're actually both scum? Ugh.
yeah i am very sorry about this... we have decided it's basically going to be impossible for us to be in any future games together

that also seems like sort of a ridiculous play if they're actually both scum?
def agree. though if Tofu’s indeed town, that doesn’t say much about VM’s alignment, as he could want to clear himself by association

yeah i don’t think they’re both scum, but the scenarios of them both being town and tofu town/vm maf both make more sense to me than tofu maf/vm town

i think where i’m at is like... i am 95% sure all the mafia are contained in the bottom list here. if i take out the people i want to townread (vm, tofu, keldeo, herbe), i’m left with:
  1. mist
  2. koko
  3. ils
  4. trebek
  5. ultracool
  6. m+7
... hey, that’s 6!

lol if that’s the actual scumteam. i guess my POE is list, pretty much. i think going on this i’m okay with a mr ultracool lynch rn, but a few caveats there: if even one of those players flips town, one of vm/tofu/keldeo/herbe is almost certainly scum. because i’m pretty sure i haven’t already narrowed down the exact scumteam d2, i’m extremely hesitant to offer any of those four a strong townlean based on vibes tbh. and if it has to be one of them, i think it’s tofu, hence my vote there. that’s basically how i’m seeing the game right now.

I think I'm done playing for tonight, by the way (well, I'll probably keep reading the thread and might make small posts but I'm not doing any more rereading). My presence may be somewhat spotty tomorrow because it's my husband's birthday and we're going to see his family, and because EoD is right around dinnertime (I think, will double check because UGH), I'm not confident I'll be around for the actual end, but I'll definitely be sure to figure out a vote before that point.

Back
Top Bottom