• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats or Dogs?

Which is better, Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
I like cats just a bit more than I like dogs, but they're both adorable. I usually find it amusing to be followed by a dog. x3

Most of the reason I hate dogs is because they're so social. There is absolutely no way to tell them to fuck off.

Neither is "better" than the other, but I prefer cats. Less dirty in my experience. Of course, there's always going to be an exception. There are some clean dogs and dirty cats out there.

Sorry, but I don't like either of them.

Cats are all... malicious. I guess. I always associate cats with being evil. They're so... up to something, contemptuous of their owners, and just... not what you want in a house. They can get ANYWHERE, seriously, even through locked doors and stuff. Ugggh. Why you would want such a cold thing in your house is beyond me.

Dogs... well, I sort of have a phobia of dogs. I mean, I like dogs as a concept and all, a playful animal that is supposed to be man's best friend. It's not like pictures of dogs scare me. Like Nintendogs? Lots of fun. But coming across dogs in real life is not fun for me. I hate going to someone's house, and finding out they have a dog. They're just scary. They could seriously rip your arm off if they wanted. I know that it's unlikely, but still. It's like talking to an insane guy with a gun in his hand. There's no reason to expect that the insane guy will shoot you, but still, he might.

Uggh.

Anyway, my vote goes to pigs. Pigs are sweet.

I have four dogs and one cat. Which one would I choose, you might ask?

Cats, dur. =3 <See, kitty!

Not true. Dogs have a variety of different personalities. I have met many and observed that each and every one of them acts differently. Further, not all dogs are obedient, vicious, or mean. Certain breeds are more difficult to train than others. I happen to have dogs that are neither obedient, nor vicious, nor mean. That is just a stereotype, all dogs are different, just as all humans and cats are different.

I suspect that you have not met many dogs. Also, dogs are not stupid. For example, my sister has a very intelligent dog who can solve a little puzzle. He loves to solve his little puzzle, it keeps him entertained. And he only does the puzzle when he feels like it, not when we tell him to.

And finally, a chihuahua can also have the nerve to smack something around fifty times its size. In fact, it can bite. Hard. And I know this from experience. :D

*headdesk* I seem to have forgotten a few words in my post. I remember specifically thinking "The smartest one I've met has to have five brain cells." Not "The smartest one has to have five brain cells." Sorry about that.

In my relatively short lifespan, I've had... um, nine dogs. And almost all of my dad's friends have at least one. Not to mention the fact that I sort of volunteer for an animal rescue, so I think I've had enough experience with dogs to know a bit about them.

I know that not all canines are unintelligent--I recall stories about a Papillion my mother had before I was born who was very, very smart indeed--but... I just can't bring myself to believe that there's much at all going on in their minds. Maybe it's just that every dog I've owned seems to have had the IQ of a rock. Same thing goes for the personalities. Mine and around 95% of the ones I've met have either been stupidly happy or just ferocious.

... And Chihuahuas (did I spell that right the first time? ...Good. xD) are definitely rather likeable. I too have been informed that they are most certainly not cowards. xDD

Cats are all... malicious. I guess. I always associate cats with being evil. They're so... up to something, contemptuous of their owners, and just... not what you want in a house. They can get ANYWHERE, seriously, even through locked doors and stuff. Ugggh. Why you would want such a cold thing in your house is beyond me.

... Well, apparently you've never had a cat curled up in your lap, purring so loudly it's hard to hear anything else. The closest thing I've seen in a feline to malicious is mischievous. I have cats who won't leave me alone just because they want affection. Even the feral ones will come lay down a few feet away from my mom when she sleeps. They'd never hurt me unless they were either blinded by fear or I was being stupid and doing things that I know would irritate them.

In fact, I have a cat who will become the mother of any new foster kittens in the house. She'll let them nurse on her, and she washes them in spite of their protests. She even likes to play with them sometimes, which she usually isn't too keen on. Actually, come to think of it, there are others who do that too, but to a lesser extent.

My cats are anything but cold. Several of them are sweet and tolerant, and the ones that aren't aren't malicious in any sense of the word.

Last edited:
Yes, but you pet the cats and they're all "oooooooooh yes, my owner is petting me, how LOVELY of them, isn't it so GREAT that they do whatever I want", like how if some slut is giving you a blow job you're all "oooh, YEAH!" They totally don't like you, they like the petting. You know it's true. And I am now going to quote this one desktop widget I have (that is in turn probably quoting some random comedian): "Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. But pigs treat us as equals." Seriously, guys, pigs are kick-ass. Plus you can eat them.

Or well, I guess you can eat dogs too, but pigs are still better.

(and yes I know this is totally irrational but I just really don't like cats okay)

*headdesk* I seem to have forgotten a few words in my post. I remember specifically thinking "The smartest one I've met has to have five brain cells." Not "The smartest one has to have five brain cells." Sorry about that.

In my relatively short lifespan, I've had... um, nine dogs. And almost all of my dad's friends have at least one. Not to mention the fact that I sort of volunteer for an animal rescue, so I think I've had enough experience with dogs to know a bit about them.

I know that not all canines are unintelligent--I recall stories about a Papillion my mother had before I was born who was very, very smart indeed--but... I just can't bring myself to believe that there's much at all going on in their minds. Maybe it's just that every dog I've owned seems to have had the IQ of a rock. Same thing goes for the personalities. Mine and around 95% of the ones I've met have either been stupidly happy or just ferocious.

... And Chihuahuas (did I spell that right the first time? ...Good. xD) are definitely rather likeable. I too have been informed that they are most certainly not cowards. xDD
Hmm, I see. I'm sorry I misjudged your post. I just wanted to point out that not all dogs all like that.

Also, chihuahuas (I'm pretty sure you spelled it right, I wikied it) are not to be messed with. I had a very small chunk of my ear bitten off my one. Yes, very hard bite indeed.

Cats rul and dogs drool(literally)
I mean,sure dogs can protect your house,but kittens are a good pet if you live alone(I don't,but,well...)
Here's food for thought:Try living with a german sheperd my dad wanted,a Great Dane puppy my mom wanted,and a cat that has had 5 babies(all black and have been given to the pet shop)I wanted and got for my 8th or 9th birthday that gets almost eaten by the Great dane every day.
BTW:
German Sheperd:Maxwell(Max)
Great Dane:Brutus
Cat:Purrball
And my cat is gray,and i think is at least part Egyptian Mau

Dogs! Because you can train them to do tricks, they are great for cheering you up, and are fun! Cats come close though.
everything in this post
and dogs also because cats randomly scratch/bite me when i'm petting them suddenly, without warning ;-; although sometimes they do show they're annoyed when their tail twitches, then i leave them alone, but my dog wants me to pet him all day. if i leave him alone for just a second he sits upright on his butt and begs, it's the cutest thing

i dunno i've just always got along way better with dogs

oh and the thing someone here said about pigs, my uncle used to say that as well. hell yeah pigs ;-; they're cute

I like both. My aunt and uncle have two cats and they're adorable. They have a black one and he's funny.

A lot of people i know have dogs. I have a biggish black and white one, but he's old. I'm currently traumitized by one of my friend's dog. She humped me, and i'm a girl.

To me, it really depends on the animal, because interacting with a cat =/= interacting with a dog.

So really, my preference depends on what mood I'm in. P=

If I'm in a calm mood, I'd much rather be around Hobbes (6-year-old silver tabby). He doesn't know as many tricks as our dog, but he's good at keeping the bed warm at night.

Ozzie, on the other hand, is fun to be around because he's got so much energy, even if he has cotton wool for brains. =P I mean, he knows a handful of tricks, but he's so gullible and klutzy it's almost painful to watch. He's got entertainment value, though, so we keep 'im around. :3

Dogs are the Very Best because they know how you feel really dogs sense emotion and they actually care and try to make you happy. Besides cats have evil bites just if you pet them in the wrong spot. Dogs are loyal you can actually train them cats are untrainable because of their pride and they think they are better than all people and dogs.While dogs can easily accept a new leader.

I kind of like cats more, so I voted that way. They're adorably devious.

I like dogs a lot too, they like me, for the most part. A point that hasn't been raised yet, though, small dogs are vicious. Large dogs are social.

I'm a special case. I've gotten attacked randomly by more cats than dogs. I've never been bitten by a dog, even around dogs that bite.

Yep, I'm more of a dog person. I hate it when they keep BARKING and BARKING though.

Cats are filled with awesome lulz, but dogs..well...they're dogs. I'd probably have to go with dogs. Mainly because of the bond you can have with them.

Back
Top Bottom