• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Controversial Topics

Re: TCoDf has highly homogenous ... ideas.

Do you guys have barbecue potato chips? (crisps?) Cheetos? Twinkies?

We have all kinds of fucking crazy crisp flavours in the UK. Kangaroo, squirrel, Worcestershire sauce... though two of those were only around for a little while. Sadly, Worcestershire sauce is not one of those two x(

Cheetos = Wotsits, as far as I'm aware.

Twinkies, I don't think so.

twinkie_070918_ms11256649089.jpg

So you don't have fat people?

Unless I'm not in the country I think I am, yes we do. We just have to get fat by other means.

They come in a big long cylindrical seethrough orange wrapper in a box. Some boxes have several sets of these wrapperfuls of Jaffa Cakes.

My family usually gets Tesco's own Jaffa Cakes :( they don't come in orange wrapper and they don't taste nearly as good. My parents refuse to believe me that McVities are the best Jaffa Cakes and seem to think that I'm being childish and assume that brand name things are automatically better.

Also THE LAW: You must eat Jaffa Cakes four at a time, as they come in packs of 16 or something. Two at a time is fine so long as you don't have two in a pack that already had four being taken at a time. That way if someone who has four at a time comes to eat some there's a chance of there being two left. That is possibly the worst thing that can happen to a human being.
Eight at a time is acceptable but a bit piggish.

OH and they come in mini size in little plastic tubs which have six tiny Jaffas in. Sometimes you have seven by mistake x333

I've had eight in a pod two times. My brother has claimed to have had nine.

My family usually gets Tesco's own Jaffa Cakes :( they don't come in orange wrapper and they don't taste nearly as good. My parents refuse to believe me that McVities are the best Jaffa Cakes and seem to think that I'm being childish and assume that brand name things are automatically better.

Also THE LAW: You must eat Jaffa Cakes four at a time, as they come in packs of 16 or something. Two at a time is fine so long as you don't have two in a pack that already had four being taken at a time. That way if someone who has four at a time comes to eat some there's a chance of there being two left. That is possibly the worst thing that can happen to a human being.
Eight at a time is acceptable but a bit piggish.

Your family must be slain.

I just realised I think I've always eaten Jaffa Cakes in fours completely unintentionally.

I find receiving too many mini Jaffa Cakes far too exciting.

Do you guys have barbecue potato chips? (crisps?) Cheetos? Twinkies?

No country can contend with the UK when it comes to the quality and variety of crisps. Trust me.

How easy is it to find Mexican food over there? I dunno about Europe, but by the time I got back from Japan I could have murdered someone for a taco. :<

I have the most extraordinary feeling I've eaten a fried Mars bar despite never having been to Scotland. :/
Eh, it's like New England and its clam chowder. You can get chowder from other places, too, but New England is where they do it most and supposedly do it best. It's not that they don't make clam chowder in Seattle- it's just not as well known.
You know what I mean.

We deep-fry Coke down here in the South, according to my local newspaper.

The South deep-fries everything.

Where are the fucking Twinkies? Where are ya, ya spongy yellow delicious bastards?

Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty.

Virginia. Not even that deep.

The newspaper was reporting on the state fair and I remember almost not being able to finish my cereal.

EDIT: We've deep-fried Twinkies too. Frankly, they're disgusting. That is, Twinkies in general are disgusting.

I'm in South Carolina. We have friend-everything at our state fair.

Not that I've ever gone.

Oh dear, state fair food.

Most horrifying stuff on the planet to be considered edible.

West Virginia just has pepperoni rolls. They're okay, I guess. But it seems once you get far enough away from WV no one has heard of them.

Do fortune cookies count as cookies? It may have cookie in the name but they do not seem very much like a cookie.

Also, Fried Pepsi.

We deep-fry Coke down here in the South, according to my local newspaper.

The South deep-fries everything.

At the last state fair here, they were selling fried BUTTER. Instant heart attack, anyone?

And I am in the Carolinas.

And twinkies are pretty good. I like Swiss Rolls/Ho-Hos better.

It's like Christmas when that happens.

Also THE REAL LAW: The correct way to eat a Jaffa Cake is to first nibble around the jaffa. Then you peel off the chocolate. Third, you put the rest of it in your mouth and, using your tongues dexterity, eat the cakey bit before savouring the jaffa.

And yeah, in Britain we have Fish 'n' Chips flavoured crisps. I mean, it's one thing to have squirrel and duck, but when it's Fish 'n' Chips, it's just... What?

Back
Top Bottom