• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Move Discussion

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
Hey everyone, I noticed how popular the Daily Pokemon Discussion has gotten. Plus, there was an idea bouncing around in my head for quite some time.

This is the Daily Move Discussion, where each day a new Pokemon attack will be discussed, judged, and rated (mainly discussed). The discussions can range from anime appearance to power in the game. You may even make your own move and have it discussed.

So, if ya want to have it, then today's Move shall be

Flamethrower

The traditional fire attack. This move is kinda awesome if not overused. Still, a searing blast of fire is awesome to watch.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Likely the most reliable fire move ever, with the following stats:
95 Dmg
100% Acc
15 PP (24 if maxed)
10% Chance of burn

It's availability on Pokemon is also quite ridiculous, with oddballs such as the Slow family and Manectric. And those are just ones that benefit from having it available. There's also the likes of Primeape, Skuntank, and others that truly shouldn't have it, but do...

Also one of my top favoured moves...

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Likely the most reliable fire move ever, with the following stats:
95 Dmg
100% Acc
15 PP (24 if maxed)
10% Chance of burn

It's availability on Pokemon is also quite ridiculous, with oddballs such as the Slow family and Manectric.

Don't forget octillary! XD

I love this move. Basic, but gets the job done. I love accurate moves, so this one gets 5 stars.

It's pretty amazing. And yeah, way too many water-types can learn it. Not quite as bad as Gyarados learning Thunder, though...

It's a great move, mainly because it's one of those reliable killers. A lot of pokemon can learn it, as well. Ones you wouldn't expect, too, like Azelf, for example.

Flamethrower's definitely been a favorite of mine. I used to mainly use the fire starters, so I got a lot of use. The attack animation in FireRed, however, bugged me because it came out of my Charizard's wing. But yeah, it's a nice, reliable move. Also when I was younger, I didn't realize that a flamethrower was an actual thing, so the move name made little sense to me.

(Also on the Daily Whatever Discussion threads, I think a 'Daily General Pokémon Discussions' thread would work pretty well instead of making a bunch of similar themed threads. Like Pokémon and moves are fine, but if it would get to 'Daily Pokéball Discussions' or 'Daily Type Discussions' it'd be a bit much. So would there be any interest in having a general thread for Pokémon discussions?)

Flamethrower is a reliable choice, especially in-game, because missing sucks and Fire Blast's accuracy seems more like 50% to me. But then the loss in firepower (no pun intended) is so noticeable at times ):

On the actual idea of the move itself: hell yeah, flamethrower! You're shooting goddamned fire out of your mouth. It's simple and it's badass.

Flamethrower is among moves what Charizard is among Pokémon. The symbol of fire.

The PP is sort of... Some awesome moves just have low PP.

Otherwise, it's... awesome in the same way as the Fire type in general. Powerful, and can cause battlefield destruction.

Oh look no new post...

Leech Seed

THis is the attack of the day!

Battle___Magikarp_vs_Hoppip_by_Lord_Indigo.png

Last edited:
I freaking love this move. It can quite annoy an opponent, and even though it doesn't take much HP, it doesn't waste a turn.

Subseed is the most goddamn annoying strategy to face if you don't have a grass-type Pokemon to absorb Leech Seed. Unfortunately, I never find space on my own teams to use Subseed.

Also Leech Seed hates me and likes to miss despite it having 95% accuracy.

In short Leech Seed can be a great move; it just never works out for me. ):

Leech seed is awesome. The only reason behind my Serperior's success. (Yes, it has many other options, but I like Leech Seed. Only due to the fact of hp recovery 8D)

And the amount of HP it sucks from the enemy is percent-based, so it heals a lot when you use it on someone like a Wailmer.

WHOOPS NEW DAY

How about.... Echoed Voice

As long as you can keep alive, you can do some massive damage to the enemy. Also helps to be very fast.

Back
Top Bottom