• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

Re: [Now Started] Illusions of the Past

The large robot then shapeshifted into a more compact and mobile form and wheeled off.

"I wonder what his problem was.", Karou said, "He could've said no if you're telling me what really happened. Oh well, I suppose some people are strange like that."

He then turned back to look at the robot the large one deposited onto the ground.

"What about him?", Karou asked the blue one, "You intend on disposing of it after what the big guy did to you or what?"

"I intend to destroy this creature, as I doubt Bonecrusher sent it out to give us gifts."

Mecha then turned to the winged being. "This conflict is between me and Bonecrusher's pet. Interfere if you will, but I theorize the standing orders of this machine are to kill anything that moves. That could include you. As for our surroundings..." Mecha's arm flipped over, "I'm a very precise shooter."

Ravage then lunged at Mecha Sonic.

The Museum was a dull place. Cell had seen the man walk in here, and the girl follow him. But that didn't make it any more interesting.

Most liekly, he could find something in this place to speed up his Larva stage. Last time, he had been forced to wait for four years. That was too long. Finally, Cell decided to just break out. He was in a large tube, where he was growing. He wasn't a statue like the others. No, he was differnt.

In his dark corner, he shattered the glass encasing him. As soon as he came in contact with oxygen, he was wrapped in a purple egg. Irritated, he tried to move, but was forced to wait. Not that he was in his egg very long.

Re: Illusions of the Past

Hmph. That machine was hardly going to tell him what to do. "I bet I can finish this quicker than you," said Galacta Knight as he held up his lance. A glowing blue sphere began to form on top of it. As soon as it disappeared, he could feel a sudden burst of energy as he rocketed forward lance-first at the feline robot.

Datum: Standing orders were to destroy blue robot, and anything that gets in the way. Blue Robot labeled Target 1.

Datum: Winged creature interrupted fight.

Data Processing.

Priority Change: Destroy Winged creature. Winged creature labeled target 2

All of this went through Ravage's mechanical mind in a nanosecond. The robot then aimed its tail at the Winged being and fired off a thin- but deadly -red laser at it.

Eventually, Envy sat on a set of steps, resting his chin on his hand. It was boring without the runt to play with, or any of his 'teammates' around. He made a huffing sound and looked up at the sky. He could hear sounds like fighting a bit off - unless the battle came to where he was, though, he didn't care.

"So what do you do anyway, lady?" He asked, shifting his purple-eyed gaze toward Len and frowning.

The cat robot fired a laser aimed at a... short and stout winged being? He looked a lot like the one Karou saw on the other side of town this morning.

"Well if that's the case," Karou said as the blue robot's arm unfurled into a weapon, "I'm leaving, but don't be afraid to find me if you have something that needs doing."

Karou floated up onto a nearby rooftop. After he was far enough away from the battle, he rested on top of another rooftop. Then, a noise caught his ears. It was a 'whee-woo' sound with a low hum to accompany it. Looking down the street, Karou noticed many wheeled vehicles, cars, barreling down the road. They had bright flashing lights attached to their roofs.

Bored, Karou waited for the pack to drive by, and leapt off the roof on top of one of the cars. He looked ahead and saw a building, somewhat different from the others, but not noticeable.

What looked like a four-foot roach scuttled across the museum floor. Cell still couldn't speak. He hadn't fouind anything to help him speed up his transformation, but he had simply done it himself.

If he was right, he'd only have to be this thing for about ten more minutes. He pushed through the museum door, moving towards the sound of battle in the background.

Vegeta sped up. Purple Aura surrounded him, and he intended to use it as a taunt. He was itching for something to happen. He stopped short, going upright abruptly. He hovered a few hundred feet above a battle between... well, he couldn't make it out from here, but it was a battle. Not heroes, that's for sure. He remained hovering in the air, watching them duke it out.

Storm looked towards the west, seeing a bit of light. Huh. Someone had to be there, it wasn't a streetlight or anything.. or a building. There was a building to her left, the museum with the weird statues that looked oddly real.. She shrugged. What was there to do? Pointing her head towards the sky, she floated up and turned west. What the hell, maybe she could knock over a few telephone poles before it got any brighter.

"Eagle Eye," she muttered, and bright points of light shot out of her eyes. They twisted in the air, and exploded into the side of the building beside the museum.

The girl tilted her head again, confused. Len didn't know what to say, since familiars were made as tools, nothing more.

"...."

Len face shows a hint of the trouble she was having with the question. She decided that because she was asked, she would let him know. Using words wasn't neccesary. With an elegant stride she walked in front of Envy and looked at him for a moment with curiosity.

He was strange, she thought. It an unusual thought though, too personal to be hers, so she disregarded it and did what she had planned to. A strange pamphlet appear in her hand, and she handed it to him without hesitation.

Info Card said:
Len, the familiar from Kagetsu Tohya and master of dreams and ice. Her quiet demeanor and determined nature make her a great companion. For added realism, a pact option has been installed. To awaken her, simply place your blood onto her person. She will then serve you as your Familiar, requiring continued gifts of blood over time to sustain herself. Whether you wish to treat her like Shiki, or be ruthless is up to you. We hope you en2%#3523

The rest of the pamphlet has been smeared by age and water damage. Having given her master the pamphlet she sets herself down next to him, looking calmly at the world around her with her hands once more held on her lap.

Clinging to the top of the car, Karou could now make out the lettering on a sign above the entrance of the building in front of them.

"Museum?", he thought out loud, "Museum of wha-"

At that point, there was an explosion. Karou jumped, almost too late, and flittered away. Most of the cars, there weren't that many considering the state of this city, were flipped over. One of the walls on a building next to the museum had collapsed. Karou flew up and onto a rooftop, and landed. Looking around, he couldn't see what could've done it... except for a large figure, not bipedal by the looks of it, floating in the sky. Karou couldn't quite tell what it was, but did get the feeling that it caused the explosion.

"Oh don't tell me," he said to himself, "those heroes are attacking again! And don't tell me that big robot was really one of them!"

After reading the pamphlet he was handed, Envy made a 'hm' face and handed it back to her. He yawned.

"So you're like a little servant thing? Cool. Ok, I'll keep you. Your names was... Len that thing said? Hi. I'm Envy." He cooed, grinning widely. "Do you talk?"

Storm grinned, looking at her handiwork. "Done here," she chirped, and was about to fly on, when a point a movement below caught her eye. A friend? Or foe? She angled herself downwards again, and landed on the road.

"Hey," she called up to whatever was on the roof. "I see you there, who are you? What side of the city do you live in?"

Cell stopped, and turned. He was glad to have gotten out of the museum while he could. He heard the comment from Karou. The what now? The large roach scuttled a bit frther away from the building next to him, should someone blow that up to.

Vegeta looked down. Was the strange person talking to him? He descended, landing on the road softly. "That would depend on who's asking who."

(Post ninja'd)

Last edited:

As Galacta Knight moved out of the way, the laser just grazed his left wing. Beginning to fall for a moment, he effortlessly rose back up. "You'll have to do better than that."

Meta Knight could hear all sorts of commotion in the distance. Summoning his wings, he flew off in that direction.

"What are you doing?!" he shouted to them as he landed near Bonecrusher.

"What does it look like, fool?" Galacta Knight spat. "...That started it," He pointed with his lance at Bonecrusher and Ravage.

For the first time, he saw one of the other combatants and recognized them immediately. "You... what are you doing here?"

Ignoring the three robots, Galacta Knight floated over to Meta Knight. "What do you mean, what am I doing here? Do I know you?"

"I... thought you did." he said, confused. "Don't you remember me? Meta Knight?"

"That name means nothing to me." he lied. "Unless you have something to be doing here, I suggest you leave."

((...Fail.))

"!..." Len so surprised by the question, looks up at Envy with surprise. For a moment she just looks at him wide eyed at the fact he would consider her commentary. But, those thoughts are banished and closing her eyes, she lowers her and shakes her head. Her hands however still tremble slightly from the question, slow to regain the composure her face had regained near instantaneously.

You could always let me talk. I always am better at communicating than you are

The figure grew closer and closer. Now within sight, Karou could identify it. Racking his mind, Karou knew the being seemed familiar.

He's... no, she's..., he thought, a... Hal... se... mon? Halsemon... oh crap, she looks strong.

He then realized she was talking to him, not kicking his butt... yet.

Time for some trickery, he thought.

Peering over the roof's edge, he told the four-legged bird-like Digimon, "Why, I'm... from the West side! Haha! Yeah... I like... exploring.", he put on a fake smile, Karou being the adorable little thing he was right now, "Hey, how about we, um, explore, the, ah, museum right there! Yeah, museums are fun, hehe."

Hopefully, she wouldn't realize that, unlike Patamon, Tsukaimon were almost never anything but the villainous sort.

A human-like being descended on the scene too.

Crap!, Karou thought, Not more! I'm not sure I can digivolve right now...

The auburn haired young man walked along the streets, observing his surroundings carefully and thinking endlessly. 'How did I end up here? Is this Mu? Nothingness? Where you go after you die? Impossible. I can feel, hear, smell see all sorts of things. Mu is Nothingness. This is not nothing. But then what is this? Did Ryuk lie to me? I wouldn't be surprised if he did, that bastard. Maybe this is the land of the dead. Pretty much everything is destroyed here, and so far I have only seen rodents and birds.

But maybe I am alive again? Maybe I did never die, maybe it was a mere nightmare? Maybe I never picked up the Death Note?' Light Yagami continued his line of thoughts. 'No. The memories tell me no. Then it all means...

I'm alive.'
His lips curled into a twisted smile, 'But that doesn't mean I'm still Kira. The notebook is gone. Damnit.' The grin ceased. 'But... wait. If I'm alive, doesn't that mean that Mello and Ukita is alive?

L?'

---

The imnosiac had been awake for a long time now, but he was still sitting in a hunched position on the chair, his feet on the edge of it and thumb to his lips. 'I'm alive. That's a fact. Kira killed me, that's a fact. Kira is Light Yagami... That's also a fact.' L remembered so clearly that wicked triumphant grin and those evil glowing, red eyes. It was the last thing he saw, after all. Deciding it was no good sitting here doing nothing, he decided to get out.

For the first time in -what? Two days?- he considered exploring his surroundings, and actually did it. He jumped of the chair so forcefully, it got shoved backwards somewhat, and landed on his bare feet, still in his hunched position. Luckily he hadn't trampled on some glass or splinters. "Hmm... There's a 95% chance of stepping on something sharp and unpleasant. I better go get some shoes... and something sweet." L said in his normal toneless, non-chalant voice. L was addicted to sugar. He needed sugar. 98% of his meals contained enourmous amounts of sugar, after all. It was a wonder he hadn't gotten diabetese yet. And even more of a wonder he wasn't fat. But he himself claimed to burn calories with his brain. Yes, and it was true.

The imnosiac didn't like being in society, but he knew there was no one out on the streets anyways. No one had found him or visited him, and he hadn't heard a noise, so L assumed he was pretty much alone. "Need... sugar..."

"What.." Storm stepped back. This guy wasn't the one she had seen- "The hell." He didn't look threatening, but.. "Maybe you want to introduce yourself, or do something epic?" And a Tsukaimon looked over the edge of the building. Another Digimon..!

"A Tsukaimon. From the West side.. Heh." She squinted at him, and suddenly reared up on her hind legs. "Eagle Eye! If you want to side with the villains, leave the east side!" Another two points of light shot out of her eyes at him, and she flew to the left.

((Damn you post ninjas. ONLY I CAN BE NINJA, BWAHAHA *shot*))

Last edited:

((Just saying, but East = Hero and West = Villain. So Link, you may want to edit your post.))

Back
Top Bottom