• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DECEMBER IS CHANGE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE TO A POKEMON MONTH ON FACEBOOK

I changed my picture to a pirate version of myself on speak like a pirate day, and I would do this if I had heard of it earlier. Maybe next December if it's on again then.

I've now seen a whopping three Pokémon profile pictures on Facebook: the generic promotional picture of a Pikachu that was on everything back in the R/B/Y days, a Gengar (maybe the new Sugimori art?), and a Missingno sprite.

My school is so full of amazing people that about half of my friends have Pokemon pics now. x3 I have Plusle and Minun gijinkas, myself.

THE BACKLASH: I have already seen not one, but TWO separate groups with 50+ members saying "i hate how people's profile pics are of pokemon". And these are just the ones my "friends" have been joining, I'm sure there are many others.

Groups like this make me so sad. Why the hell should anyone care what my profile picture is? What business is it of theirs? How does it affect anyone else in any way?

Bleeeeeeh. (I know, I know.)

Yeah, a grand total of zero of my friends have done this. I'm sure I could get a few to do it but it's a bit late in the month now.

:(

One of my friends went Darkrai, and his friend went Arceus, and a lot of the groups I'm in had Pokemon (I saw Mew and Tyrannitar, for example) so I am now...
*gasp*
Umbreon!

I would have done this had I found out about it earlier. My friends had odd choices for their favorite Pokemon. Maybe next year.

But I've gone through and made note of my friends choices and decided to name Pokemon after them in Platinum.

Dannichu said:
Groups like this make me so sad. Why the hell should anyone care what my profile picture is? What business is it of theirs? How does it affect anyone else in any way?
half of facebook is 'I'm joining this group because I like to whinge'

I changed my pic to Manectric before I even knew about the event XD
But yeah, Manectric for me, some of my friends are doing it, but as many as I thought would. I see Vulpix, Stantler, Lucario, Drifloon, Umbreon, Lanturn....

Back
Top Bottom