• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DIY Pokémafia [INNOCENTS WIN]

Re: DIY Pokémafia [NIGHT ZERO]

As the sun dawns on this town, the inhabitants gather towards the city square, hoping that the Mafia had decided to spare them that night. This was not the case.

Floating in the central fountain is the dead body of a Gengar, which was almost ripped in half by a large claw. However, there are two sets of footprints leading towards the fountain - maybe he was killed twice? Whatever the case, any death can't be good.

Suddenly, the group hears a muffled shouting sound coming from a building near the center square, accompanied by shaking and crashing. They run over to the house and find inside a Dragonair, frozen inside a block of ice and trying to escape. They drag her outside, hoping that the sun will melt her out, but to little avail - at the current rate, it'll take all day to unfreeze her.

ya ok is dead. She was innocent.

Stormecho is frozen and cannot discuss today.

48 hours for discussion.

Re: DIY Pokémafia [DAY 1]

Okay, Player list for our convenience, along with who is what.

1. Stormecho - Dragonair
2. I Liek Squirtles - Squirtle
3. RK-9 - Scrafty or Bisharp *
4. ole_Schooler - Houndoom
5. Glace - Glaceon
6. Mai - Swoobat
7. Legendaryseeker99 - Chandelure
8. Chief Zackrai - Dusclops
9. Superbird - Ditto
10. Seritinajii - Kingdra
11. DarkAura - Charizard
12. Squirrel - Altaria
13. Parasitic - Zoroark
14. Metallica Fanboy - Magikarp
15. Ya Ok - Gengar

* If the astericked people would tell us which pokémon they really have, then that'd be nice.

Okay, so. I think the easiest place to start is to figure out who is the freezer. I vote Glace for that. I mean, Glaceon? Anyhow, now who has any idea what role Ya Ok may have had?

Last edited:

Well, squirtles can learn icebeam. Could ISL be the freezer?

Imma not the freezer. And it's ILS, not ISL. Glaceon is the obvious freezer, Ya ok could've been the soothsayer, and I suspect RK and DarkAura because their chosen Pokémon have huge pairs of claws.

Sorry, i was typing fast. But a squirtle can learn ice beam. It's more than likely glace though.

Wait, when did charizards have huge claws? I got a role that's not as bad@ss as charizard. =(

Of all the ones on the list, it's really only Bisharp that has huge claws. (Well, and Ditto could emulate them, I suppose.) Naturally, there are a lot of Pokemon that can use claw attacks regardless of their size, but this seems like the only lead we really have. Of course, there's also the fact of "two sets of footprints." To my mind, this sounds like both the Mafia and a vigilante killed the Gengar, a Pokemon of stereotypical evil. And the stereotypically evil Pokemon flipped non-Mafia. I don't know how much we can rely on assumptions here.

Anyway, I'd yell at the vigilante, because even though no extra innocent was killed, they should really be waiting until we know more to use their bonus killing powers.

It looks like a clear picture here: the vig thought it'd be a good idea to off any Pokemon that sounds mafia, and just paid the price. What I'd like to know, though, is what interest the mafia would have in offing a member who wouldn't be that hard to incriminate.

Anyhow, with a Ditto on the picture, we'd do very well to think twice before we go pointing them fingers.

It sounds a lot like Glace has the freezing role. But let's not rely to much of that. Kingdra also sounds like somebody who could do that. Squirtle not so much; they can technically learn Ice Beam, but Altaria and Dusclops likewise (also Gengar gets Ice Punch) and they don't look very likely. Dragonair too, but that's the one we really can be sure didn't do it. Not to mention, again, there's a Ditto among us. I don't see why one would freeze Stormecho, anyhow.

But, back on the multiple sets of footprints. Since it's doubtful that the mafia did this, I believe it fair to assume more than one role interacted with Ya Ok, not necessarily with killing intent. Furthermore, let's recall that multiple players here are fliers, so, they wouldn't leave footprints behind when doing their deeds. And, if we're to assume Ya Ok wasn't killed by the mafia, it's also a good idea to ask what stopped them. The possibilities are several.

If Glace is the freezer, the we could use her to freeze potential mafia.

I think Ditto is a thief, so if this is anyway like how I have thieves in my mafia games, that is the most powerful role.

It wasn't me! I am nice! :<

also lol Zeta is lying. I got chosen as Scrafty

...RK-9. Who's telling the truth? I personally trust zeKieranator more than you, so...

Incidentally, I am not a thief.

Last edited:

There's also a Zoroark. I could see that one being the thief too. Or Ditto being a jack of all trades.

Why... why would the GM be lying about your role?

EDIT: Wait, by Zeta do you mean zeKieranator or someone else?

Last edited:

RK-9's statement that the game mod would be lying when there's absolutely no reason for that (considering it was something that was supposed to be clear anyhow) strikes me as suspicious.

We know that "bad" Pokemon are not necessarily Mafia, seeing as how Ya Ok was innocent in spite of being a Gengar. But that doesn't mean none of the "bad" Pokemon are mafia. Given this, and also the fact RK-9 seemed to feel a kind of need to tell us he didn't do it, I'm suspicious.

I'm pretty sure we all are, but, just driving the case in point.

so....lynch now? i'll lynch either RK-9, or Parasitic, consitering he hasnt post and has a zoroark, a thief.....but...i say, since some of us are suspicious of RK-9, I'll lynch him, unless i get more evidence on someone else.

Last edited:

so....lynch now? i'll lynch either RK-9, or Parasitic, consitering he hasnt post and has a zoroark, a thief.....but...i say, since some of us are suspicious of RK-9, I'll lynch him, unless i get more evidence on someone else.
Parasitic did post. And the Pokemon alone isn't sufficient evidence.

Regardless, yes, lynching RK-9 sounds like a workable idea. Maybe we should give it a one chance for self-defense beforehand, though.

Yes, RK-9, let's hear your testimony.

Sorry, I've been watching Phoenix Wright lately...

Since when can you watch Pheonix Wright?
Objection sustained. Superbird, you're getting penalized for that statement.

Anyway. It looks as though there's not much time left until the poll is over. About seven hours, if I'm not mistaken. Therefore, I say we lynch RK-9.

Back
Top Bottom