• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you ever get the feeling...

Do you ever get the feeling that strangers are reading your mind?

• Total voters

Abwayax

Wake me up before you Gogoat
Pronoun
he
...that strangers are reading your mind?

This is a serious question I saw on a serious psychological personality inventory.

I'm pretty sure that's a symptom of schizotypal disorder and probably some other things.

I feel that way sometimes, actually. I felt it a lot more back when I was insanely depressed a few years ago though. :[

Not really strangers, no, but sometimes do I think my best friend can. o_o

I used to wonder about that, mostly because I had absolutely nothing else to think about during lunch breaks at school. Aside from that, I neither know nor care (most of the time) if anyone knows what I'm thinking. Maybe some people can read minds, I don't know. Or maybe most people in the world is delusional by thinking no one can read their mind. I know there are certainly times when I feel like thoughts are being shared in my current relationship, like we're permanently reading each other's minds without being aware of it.

Santa Claus can read minds. He does it all the time.

Eh...not really. Still, I get worried when thinking about stuff that people ARE NOT suposed to know about me.

When I was a little kid (like, 7-11 years old) I used to catch myself thinking a private thought in a supermarket or somewhere else and go "whoops! someone might be reading my mind! better not think that!". I had a little check to see if anyone was reading my mind: I would think "I'm onto you. I know you can read minds," and then check around to see if anyone had a startled reaction.

Eventually I realized that if there was anyone that could read minds, then that person probably encountered much more disturbed thoughts than whatever I was thinking. So I really had nothing to be embarrassed about.

Whenever I think of anything private in public, I make myself stop because I become convinced that they somehow can.

Just strangers?
Don't know don't care they can kiss it if they don't like what they hear.
Besides, what would they care?

People I actually know?
Now that's a little bit more personal.
If they could read my mind, that'd be bad because there's some things that I NEVER want them to find out.
Which is why I don't think those things around them.

Well, sometimes, yes. Like yesterday, in Borders. But that's just in lieu of a female authority figure. Everyone and their mother can read my mind, it seems like it.
They don't approve.
Especially not my mother.
It's starting to get on my nerves- I know it can't happen. I'm sure they are taunting me, and my mother is monitoring my thoughts.
I keep getting all clingy and apologetic and wondering if she'll be revolted by my thoughts and oh dear, I have a problem.

the only time i'd ever think something personal is in the middle of the night because I never get to sleep until around then, so i sit up thinking about stuff

and even in the occasion i think like that in public, never once have i thought someone might read my mind

All the time, actually.. <_<; I get very obsessive over it and tend to tell myself consistently to shut up. Including at home and especially in public. I stop my thoughts all the time thinking about it. Hell it extends to net searching, I'm convinced someone sees what I'm typing in and don't want to hit enter. (Nothing dirty mind you << Things that I shouldn't even give a second thought to actually, which is kind of the point.)
But.. meh? I already know I'm halfway to schizo so as long as noone tries to ship me off to the bin I'm good.

I don't, but I sometimes second guess what my friends are thinking. Sometimes it freaks them out a bit but it doesn't happen often xD

Nope.

The only person I can think of who might be able to know what I'm thinking sometimes is my little sister--when we're both watching TV or something like that, she'll randomly blurt out a joke or comment on something, and sometimes it's the exact same thing I was just about to say.

Back
Top Bottom