• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you fear needles?

Ayame

Weeping Willow Pines.
So, do you? A lot of people fear needles horribly. I used to, admittedly, but I grew out of it...
Well, at first I never fidgeted during shots, but once I had to have a tetanus shot, and afterwards my arm ached, so I became angry at needles.
I had a horrific blood test, too.
My fear is gone.

Oh my God yes ;o;

Beedrill

Aaaaah! Get it away! Get it away! *brings out wasp killer*

Mostly because when I was three, I had to have a shot. In my knee.

What kind of retard gives shots in the knee?

Not to mention that the needle was about as thick as this o

Eerp x~x Probably my deepest fear. Don't even know quite why, but that thought is.. aaaarh.
Last time I went to the doc's and had to have one I literally nearly passed out outright, like lightheaded dizzyness to blurred and obscured vision to collapsing backwards into a chair. Don't get me started on blood tests.. haven't even been able to let them do one in a good 8 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, no. I am very afraid of having objects stuck in my body - sometimes this even extends to my own bodily organs (my lungs in particular) - but needles are just there for a few seconds.

Piercings, on the other hand...

They are the only thing in the world that reduces me from a HUGE, MANLY HUNK OF uh MAN (totally 8D) to a shaking, quivering lump on the ground.

So yes.

a bit, yes

I had to get 2 jabs at school before, both times I pretty much shat myself beforehand

I'm not scared of needles, but jesus christ the sight of blood in a syringe makes me extremely squeamish.

Not needles, no. The blood does, though. They hurt like a bitch, but they don't scare me.

Yeah, though not my worst fear. I especially get really squeemish if the thing is directly pointed at me.

No.
I think I may get very slightly concerned sometimes due to the potential pain, but the needle itself does not disturb me.

N-needles...?

Probably one of the only things I'm scared of, aside from psychological medication (which goes hand-in-hand with this) and basketballs flying at me.

But it's a long story involving aforementioned psych meds, four days in the hospital with an allergic reaction that almost killed me, and around 50 individual blood tests.

*shudders* ><

Nah, I'm okay with them. That is, if they aren't draining blood from me. Then I might start crying.

Back
Top Bottom