• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you furiously tap the a button when you go to catch a pokemon?

Do you keep pressing the A button when capturing?

• Total voters
I have various methods. First when I get pissed at it, I start talking to it(Yes, I'm weird). Then I throw the Pokeball and when it flashes, I tap A. i just tap A for every wiggle. Usually works.

I press Up+B when I throw the ball, then furiously mash A+B while making circles around the D-pad. I even mash A when I'm attacking and B when the enemy is attacking/to prevent my Pokemon to hit itself in confusion.

Dude, it is pratically superstition with me. It does nothing, but I can't imagine playing the game without doing it. Button mashing is part of the experiance of a Pokemon game for me.

Of course talking to your Pokemon works! They like it! Also I tell people to not stare at the Pokemon because it needs its privacy in order to be caught.

I even mash A when I'm attacking and B when the enemy is attacking/to prevent my Pokemon to hit itself in confusion.

Dude, it is pratically superstition with me. It does nothing, but I can't imagine playing the game without doing it. Button mashing is part of the experiance of a Pokemon game for me.

This.

I do this too, and I don't think I could ever play the game differently.

I don't tap any buttons, however I do have an old habit. Since the days of Red/Blue, I had heard that if you hold the B button and "up" on the control pad at the same time as the Pokemon disappears into the Pokeball, it supposedly made it easier to catch. I don't believe this really works, though I find myself doing it every time I try to catch something anyway.

Whenever I throw a Pokeball, I take off all my clothes and dance around my Gameboy chanting as loudly as I can.

I sometimes just hold B. Usually that.

I'm a Down+B girl.
I think I used to press Down+B until it hit the ground, though, and then I would press B for each time it moved (hopefully three). XD

I remember everyone at my primary school had these superstitions... I couldn't imagine playing Pokemon without doing it now. :3

I press my stylus to the top of the Pokeball when I play a DS game so that the pokemon "can't get out". Works pretty well actually, even though the top screen of the DS isn;t even a touch screen.

On GBA games I don't do anything.

When capturing a Pokémon, I usually just start by throwing the ball and paying minimum attention. When I begin to grow frustrated, I furiously press the A button.

After that, I give the Pokémon what I call my "death glare". I look it right in the eye(s) and, when it's in the ball, I death glare the Pokéball button. After several times of that, I reduce to begging the Pokémon to be caught. Since I play on my DS, I always seem to think that the microphone actually lets the Pokémon hear you speak. So I speak to my Pokémon sometimes too =x

I used to, but lately I've been just staring at the screen with my eyes wide open, and start to talk to it if it takes a few tries.

I mash the A button for the first few Pokeballs then, if I'm failing, I look away from the screen and turn the sound off so that my bad luck doesn't influence the game. When that doesn't work I deliberately do the opposite. I also furiously tap the A button during a battle if I want to speed it up (eg. on the bus 5 minutes away from school, fighting Lance), even when it's in the middle of an attack animation.

I used to have some superstitions ages ago, but it's been years and ever since I learned definitively that there really is nothing like this programmed into the game, I just throw the ball and watch it wobble.

no, but I stab at the little pokeball on the touch screen.
EDIT: Mustardear made a good point. I do the same thing. I'll shut off the sound and look away. I do it with a lot of intese battles (usually WiFi, theyre more intese than the in-game ones.)

I press A rapidly out of habit, especially after a Pokeball is thrown. this some times leads to me using the wrong attack during a battle. also, I know a friend who pressed L+R+Start+Select when he threw a pokeball, and lost half of his game (soft reset), he hadn't saved in over three hours.

I'm scared that if I press any button, it'll cause me to lose the Pokemon. So I usually just freeze in place and stare at the screen intently.

Back
Top Bottom