• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

Vienna Teng. Also Leaves' Eyes, Simon & Garfunkel, Lemon Demon, Vertical Horizon, Barenaked Ladies, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Plumb, Joni Mitchell... Tom Lehrer is awesome as well.

ABBA, The Beatles, Pink Floyd...
It all gets fuzzy from there:
Blondie, Nightwish, the Who, general videogame soundtracks, the Bee Gees, uh... then random songs, like from the Andrews Sisters, Badfinger, and Caramell.

Oh man. I adore the Grateful Dead [not a stoner, I promise]. I love Yes, King Crimson, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Creedence Clearwater Revival, ELO, David Bowie, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Cream, The Yardbirds, Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, Steppenwolf, Queen, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, the Bonzo Dog Band, The Byrds, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, The Incredible String Band, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Don Ross, Kaki King, Led Zeppelin, Paul Simon, Peter Frampton, and Rush.

Oh, and Jonathan Coulton.

-Takes a deep breath-

Holy long list, Batman. Have at it, kids.

king crimson, very very cool

also all you broadway lovers should check out Pain of Salvation's "Dea Pecuniae" song... brilliant

Deep Purple (#1 on my list), DragonForce, Avenged Sevenfold, Poison, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Skid Row, Twisted Sister, Children of Bodom, Steve Ouimette, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, KISS, Dio, Heart, Nightwish, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Slayer, Scorpions, Voivod, and Black Sabbath. I have many, many more, but I wanna keep it short, so I just named my absolute favorites.

Oh, and my list of *ahem* guilty pleasures:

Tiffany
Gackt
Ikimonogakari
Ayumi Hamasaki
Certain video game music

Hate to say it, but that's the shortlist of my favourite bands. If you wanted me to go into details, your head would explode.

Right, lessee...

Rammstein (JA!), The pillows (FLCL), The Beatles (righty-o), Robin Beanland (He did the music for Conker's Bad Fur Day), AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Frank Klepacki (Command & Conquer), Mike Curb (Burning Bridges), Van Halen, My Chemical Romance, The Used, System of A Down, Lostprophets, Queen, Guns n' Roses, Fallout Boy,

And that's not even the half of em! P;

I only listen to Japanese music. Don't rampage on me telling me I should broaden my horizons/am a narrow-minded hornet or something, but I also only really listen to pop - I just can't stomach anything else. And I only listen to Japanese music because I've grown so used to it now that I feel weird listening to everything else, and I can't be bothered to listen to anything else because it's a big enough market for me to always find something equally awesome to listen to~

I do *kind of* listen to two British singers; Imogen Heap and Cerys Matthews (formerly of Frou Frou and Catatonia respectively) but I doubt anyone will even have heard of them.

Favourite groups would be Morning Musume (hey, I'm a fifteen year old girl) and ARASHI (hey, I'm a fifteen year old girl. and I fangirl over Matsumoto Jun <3), and my favourite solists would be RURUTIA and Utada Hikaru.

Even if you're wrinkling your nose in disgust at me, you should really listen to RURUTIA. She's more New Age than pop I suppose, although her music tends to have wide ranges of genres, and her amazing lyrics are usually very beautiful and serious. <3

I also love video game remixes~ Yay OCR!

Let's see, gotta find my list from MA... there we go:

• Abacinate
  • Aborted
  • Acid Bath
  • Akercocke
  • Anaal Nathrakh
  • Annotations of an Autopsy
  • Apocalyptica
  • Arch Enemy (Gossow)
  • Beherit (not the ambience shit)
  • Cannibal Corpse
  • Catalepsy
  • Catasexual Urge Motivation
  • Children of Bodom
  • Chimaira
  • Choke Chain
  • Cradle of Filth
  • Death From Above 1979
  • Defiled
  • Deicide
  • Despised Icon
  • Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
  • A Different Breed of Killer
  • Dimmu Borgir
  • Dir-en-Grey
  • Dying Fetus
  • Enter Shikari
  • Gorgasm
  • In Flames
  • Iron Maiden
  • Kataklysm
  • Krisiun
  • Lamb of God
  • Maximum the Hormone
  • Metallica (pretty much just the first two albums, though Master of Puppets actually kinda sucks)
  • Morbid Angel
  • Muse
  • Napalm Death
  • Nightmare
  • Nightwish
  • Nile
  • Opeth
  • Pantera
  • Panzerchrist
  • The Partisan Turbine
  • Rammstein
  • Rose Funeral
  • Rotten Sound
  • Sanatorium
  • Sepultura
  • Severe Torture
  • Sirenia
  • Six Feet Under
  • Slayer
  • Slipknot (moar liek slapknut am i rite)
  • Soilwork
  • Stone Sour
  • Strapping Young Lad
  • Suicide Silence
  • Ted Maul
  • Vader
  • Vital Remains
  • Whitechapel
  • Winds of Plague
  • Wormed

*consults mp3 player*
Linkin Park (who I saw in concert on Sunday ftw!), KoRn, Blink 182 (they shouldn't have brucked up ;-;), the Hoosiers, Meatloaf (in concert = awesomeness), Kaiser Chiefs (see Meatloaf), 30 Seconds to Mars, Good Charlotte, Avenged Sevenfold, Bowling for Soup, Bullet for My Valentine, Duke Special (missed his concert ;-;), Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, Marilyn Manson, Muse, MCR, Papa Roach, Paramore, Rammstein, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Serj Tankian (CIVILISATION IS OVER), Sum 41, System of a Down and the Offspring to name a few :D

Let's see, gotta find my list from MA... there we go:

• Abacinate
  • Aborted
  • Acid Bath
  • Akercocke
  • Anaal Nathrakh
  • Annotations of an Autopsy
  • Apocalyptica
  • Arch Enemy (Gossow)
  • Beherit (not the ambience shit)
  • Cannibal Corpse
  • Catalepsy
  • Catasexual Urge Motivation
  • Children of Bodom
  • Chimaira
  • Choke Chain
  • Cradle of Filth
  • Death From Above 1979
  • Defiled
  • Deicide
  • Despised Icon
  • Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
  • A Different Breed of Killer
  • Dimmu Borgir
  • Dir-en-Grey
  • Dying Fetus
  • Enter Shikari
  • Gorgasm
  • In Flames
  • Iron Maiden
  • Kataklysm
  • Krisiun
  • Lamb of God
  • Maximum the Hormone
  • Metallica (pretty much just the first two albums, though Master of Puppets actually kinda sucks)
  • Morbid Angel
  • Muse
  • Napalm Death
  • Nightmare
  • Nightwish
  • Nile
  • Opeth
  • Pantera
  • Panzerchrist
  • The Partisan Turbine
  • Rammstein
  • Rose Funeral
  • Rotten Sound
  • Sanatorium
  • Sepultura
  • Severe Torture
  • Sirenia
  • Six Feet Under
  • Slayer
  • Slipknot (moar liek slapknut am i rite)
  • Soilwork
  • Stone Sour
  • Strapping Young Lad
  • Suicide Silence
  • Ted Maul
  • Vader
  • Vital Remains
  • Whitechapel
  • Winds of Plague
  • Wormed

where do you live and can I buy you a t-shirt

just kick the metalcore ._.

Radiohead (as you might see by my avatar), Arcade Fire, The Flaming Lips. There are more, but those are three.

Utada Hikaru

Yes. I happen to be listening to Exodus 04. Yay.

Let's see...

Linkin park, ABBA (kinda sorta), the Beatles (kinda sorta), Utada Hikaru, whoever does the awesome FFX-2 music (1000 Words=best song ever), Nobuo Uematsu, Buono (I doubt any of you heard of them: they do the openings and endings for Shugo Chara)...I think that's it.

Oh, and Cartel.

Ali Project, Rammstein, Koop, KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, anybody else in I've Sound, Coldplay, Jefferson Airplane, Breaking Benjamin, Do As Infinity, The Delgados, Aya Hirano

To a lesser extent: Linkin Park, Soundgarden, Weezer, Tupac Shakur, Enya

Back
Top Bottom