• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fears and phobias.

It is, but at least it doesn't last long. I actually prefer to look at the needle so I know when it's going in, but the doctors don't let me :/

I had a blood test yesterday
I can watch the needle go in but drawing the blood out I just couldn't :(

Needles don't really scare me much anymore, I used to shit bricks for ages before getting a jab
Still fucking hurt though... all doctors should ask you if you want to have the cold spray stuff on first ;o; yay for numbing

Insects and bugs scare the shit out of me.

Abandonment is also a big one, and so is deep water, the darkness and heights.

Needles aren't that big of a deal for me, I got over that when I was like 9. I think blood likes kind of neat too, when I get cut sometimes I just stare at myself bleeding.

Oh, another big fear is fear of breaking my right wrist/hand. Because I love my right hand, I use it to draw.

Yeah, it's also funny the way that fears come about.
For example, my fire phobia is one that was because I had a house fire in my bedroom when I was younger and have feared it since, and another near-death experience with my fear of water, is because I almost drowned when I was younger as well.

Mine mainly came from all these shows I used to watch about people dying in fires and water. =/ Also, I just remembered I hate wasps, and that also came from a show where some kid was attacked by wasps or somethin...*shudders*

Abandonment is also a big one
Sammmmeeee. D=

My fears:

Spiders
bees/wasps
cockroaches/water bugs (they look the same!)
the dark (TT_TT)
lice and fleas (more on the ewww lines than fear)

I wonder why a fear of spiders is so common? Especially when nothing ever really happened to cause my fear of them... but really the other day, a gigantic one just crawled on my wall, and I freaked out and started screaming. xP I felt disappointed in myself cause I thought I'd got over it.
But I like mice and rats, so I'm not a "stereotypical woman", you know those programs when they have the women screaming and dancing about on chairs in the kitchen. :P

I wonder why a fear of spiders is so common?

Supposedly it's that because of the fact that some spiders (along with snakes and other commonly-feared, possibly-deadly creatures) are venomous or can otherwise kill you, it's handy to instinctively fear them. It also stops too many people getting amazing superpowers as a result of being bitten by radioactive ones.

I don't mind spiders at all, or in fact any form of creepy crawlie, unless they're irritating or absolutely fucking massive. Then they have to die. That I can think of, though, I don't really have anything you could really call a fear or phobia. :/

Last edited:
I used to be terrified of spiders, but I've long since outgrown that phobia. Not like uber-venomous spiders live in my region, anyway. And I've always loved snakes and other reptiles, so nothing there.

Oh yes, I don't like sea water. Did I mention that yet? It's yet another one that's borne from experience. My brother and my dad and I were on a motor-water-bike-whatchamacallit thing, and my dad turned a bit too fast, so we kinda capsized. The water was cold. It took a while to flip the boat-ish thing back the right side up, and during that time I was like, "I'mgonnadrown" even though I had a lifejacket on.

I'm terrified of alligators. My brother has this alligator head in his room and it
freaks me out. A little scared of the dark. Insects. Now heres a unique one-silence.
Yep. Silence. If I try to go to sleep without noise I'll just sit all night
trying to get to sleep. And if I I'm alone at home, I'll always turn on the tv, something

I'm afraid of loud noises, and as a result I'm afraid of balloons, too. I hate it when they pop. I'm also afraid of getting shots, even tough the last one I had didn't hurt at all.

And I thought I was the only one afraid of balloons. O_O

Aside from globophobia, others include achluophobia, fear of darkness (not so much but who knows what can happen in the dark? That's what scares me); rejection & total abandonment.

Before I end this post, I found a site that lists a bunch of phobias and I thought it'd be a good idea to post it for those interested in looking at them: http://www.phobialist.com/

Cockroaches (Ive lived with them)
Abandonment
And fear of failure σ.σ
I used to fear hights but now the feel of falling relaxes me.
oh yes I fear what could be in the dark.

Last edited:
I have this really irrational fear of ALL CAPS TEXT. ;3; Not really when the whole thing is capitalized, but more when it's surrounded by lowercase text and suddenly FKSAJFKSAJFDKJFSAKD.

Also, needles. My eyesight gets all weird when I someone points a needle directly at me. @_@

I'm afraid of balloons, too. I hate it when they pop.
And I thought I was the only one afraid of balloons. O_O

Dude, you're not alone guys. XD I'm the same here, I really ahted it when I was younger and one of the games at birthday parties was popping balloons to get a little ticket inside of it. Ironic how I still got that fear yet draw some stuff related to balloons. :/

Otherwise, I got the shared natural fears of darkness and arachnids. Although my fear of darkness might be accentuated by an overactive imagination. I can't sleep, let alone stand as long as there's not a bit of light somewhere in the room I am.

I think the fear of being abandonned/ignored is also a common one, as nobody likes seeing the people they love go away. Humans' natural sens eof community I guess.

Although I have no phobias that isn't a shared one by the common populace, I do have a fear of success in a way. Why? Expectations. Once you succeed at something, everyone around you starts expecting that same from you, disregarding how it might have affected you innerly. Plus if they're disapointed because they expected something from you, there's a loss of trust and respect. So I guess, in a way, it's the fear of failure in a way and abandonnement again.
Actually, I think I got a phobia of being abandonned, not just a fear. Well, if I look a thow I tend to react personally once I see a good friend get along better with someone else/dating/whatever. It's a very selfish fear. You can mostly only live it by yourself, which doesn't help on outgrowing it.

Ffff this ended way longer that I expected. :I While I got stuff to work on. Yay distraction and slacking. :c

I'm totally fine with spiders, insects (am constantly removing various creepy-crawlies from my housemates' rooms), rodents (used to have two rats), needles (regularly give blood) and most things people are commonly afraid of.

I don't like being crowded, but that's more of a legitimate fear of being crushed than actual chlaustrophobia. I'm not fond of hairdressers, bank clerks or hospital staff, but that's mostly because they always, without fail, manage to make me feel totally stupid.

I think my only irrational fear is being sexually assaulted. I don't like males I don't know well touching me in any way, and I seriously internally panic if I'm alone with a male stranger, like on a carriage on the Tube or something. It's not good.

Also, soggy cereal. Guyyyuh.

I guess I'm afraid of the dark, mostly because of all the scary movies I watch. One time, after watching something where there were demon things on the wall, I stayed completely still in my bed, thinking that if I moved the demons would get me. Eventually I made myself get over it, plus I really had to use the bathroom. :P

Oh, yeah, I'm also afraid of balls, which leads to a phobia of gym. -_-

So, yeah, I'm not really afraid of anything else.

I have a phobia of social rejection after what was a traumatic experience for my 7-year-old mind when I used to go to private school. While homeschooling helped me to recover from the shock, I've been pretty sociably challenged ever since. Oddly, the internet makes everything easier. I guess because I can't actually see who I'm talking to.

I also have a fear of being yelled at, though it's not quite as bad as the other one. I'm slightly phobic of offending authority figures, which has led me to be extremely self-analytic.

I'm also kinda afraid of girls because I'm afraid of offending them or making myself look stupid. (Which leads back to the first one)

And finally, roller coasters. I've sort of gotten over it lately, but I still wouldn't go one willingly. I almost fainted from going on one when I was younger. o_O They scare the hell out of me...

And oddly I'm exempt from the usual phobias, excluding heights. (though it's not that bad)

Most people find it funny that, instead of having claustrophobia, I actually have claustrophillia - I LOVE enclosed spaces like boxes, closets, small rooms, etc. This has slightly subsided over the years, though enclosed spaces still make me feel safer.

So yeah, I'm really messed up.

I thought about it for a while, and I realized that I have a huge phobia of being completely friendless. I guess that explains why I'm so clingy. (I've also been told that it's easy to get mad at me, and that doesn't help.

I dislike needles, especially when I know they intend to draw blood. I think it's mostly because I'm really possessive about...my blood. It's mine, for crying out loud! Which is why I never intend to donate blood. It's MY BLOOD!
I cried when they took my blood, because my mother thought I could be anemic. I didn't think I was, and I'm not.

I fear bees and fire. Like...it's a natural reaction. I cringe, I scream, I cry...I do whatever I can do in whatever situation I'm in.
A classmate once lit a match right next to me in school, and I screamed and ran - right into my teacher. Then I actually hid behind him, grasping him for comfort like there was no tomorrow, and...cried. A freakin' river. When he went to yell at my classmate, I sat in the corner...I HATE fire...

Back
Top Bottom