• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forums Open

This did not exist at the old forums, but it would be very nice to have: signature ignore lists. Some people's sigs I enjoy seeing, but at the old forums I had a ton of people on my ignore list because their signatures annoyed me. Then I'd always see the little 'you are ignoring this post' bar, and decide to look at the post anyway. :< There's gotta be a way to turn sigs off only for certain users.

Edit: Not a hack, but: Has the LIT&ADV Only roleplaying subforum been closed purposely or is it going to be coming back or what? I kinda liked it; it kept things from getting lost in the shuffle.

Last edited:
I miss the gender thing, I like to glance at it when people are talking about crushes and see if they're straight or gay. XD I mean, er, because it was very useful. It's probably been said before, but I can't be bothered to check through four pages for it.

Secret Admirer was pretty cool at one point. Shit, I never found the one who admire'd me.

Also Dragonfree, where's mah Mothim Rank. :3

Last edited:
Thanks muchly for upping the PM limit; that was getting annoying :3

I kinda figured that the Secret Admierers hack was made a little obselete by the friends thing; I mean, if I liked someone enough to SA them, I'd surely like them enough to friend them, too.

...Or is that just me?

the secret admirers thing mostly just existed to piss people off i thought?

I kinda figured that the Secret Admierers hack was made a little obselete by the friends thing; I mean, if I liked someone enough to SA them, I'd surely like them enough to friend them, too.

Um, I'd say the concept of a secret admirer and a friend are vastly different. o.o

I never really saw the point of secret admirers and 'friending'; they just served to annoy me , and I never used those features. Not to mention that they were often abused.

I wouldn't mind seeing the arcade back, though. It was fun. Also, bring back the 'jump to your last post' button; it was useful for going to the last read post if you hadn't viewed the thread since you posted there.

Oh, and don't bring back adoptables. That section was a waste of space.

Uh, the point of Secret Admirers is that they're secret. When you friend somebody, they know who you are.

I think I remember having a secret admirer as well, but for some reason I did not pay too much mind to it. I don't know who it was though. :0

Hmm, not most times. I had about twenty or so admirers and I knew who most of them are simply because we just... both admired each other. xD Was there really admirer trolling going on at all?

I miss the gender thing, I like to glance at it when people are talking about crushes and see if they're straight or gay. XD I mean, er, because it was very useful. It's probably been said before, but I can't be bothered to check through four pages for it.
Agreed about the gender. Gah, sometimes I just get so confused and I don't know whether to call someone "he" or "she". It'd just be nice to know which pronoun to use.

Back
Top Bottom