• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fuck Palin

You're on the internet, you've got sources of political information other than your parents.

That part has to do with my laziness ^^

I don't see why. You're not profiting from the oil being exported, why are you rooting for these oil exporters just because they live near you?

I am not rooting for Alaska oil. I am just rooting for oil in general ^^

I really can't see what else I can say that hasn't been said before.

Palin stands for just about everything I think is wrong. In short, the title speaks the truth. Fuck Palin.

This thread is fucked.

I actually like her, aside from the hunting crap.

MCCAIN-PALIN 2008 WTFAREUGONNADOABOUTIT.
feel free to actually contribute to the discussion instead of dropping an obnoxious bumper sticker and buggering off

My parents are conservative. That would mean that they like the Republicans. They are pretty much my only source of political information. Combine that with the fact that I think Palin is a bitch, and, well, of course I would say they both suck
and this is why you're not allowed to vote

i would sign a petition to have politicians be permabanned from politics

but we'd have no government and that would fail

As one of the resident Alaskans on this forum, I wholehartedly support this movement to permaban her. The idea of VP Palin scares me, and there is no amount of D: that can express it.

I am not rooting for Alaska oil. I am just rooting for oil in general ^^

Oil reserves will last you about 50 years. This is not even counting the exponential population growth (though winning unconventionables may add some.)

You can't root for oil. It's not GOING TO LAST. Not in ANY stretch of the term can the world keep up the oil economy. There's just NOT ENOUGH OIL FOR ALL OF US.

And to all the other fucks BLA BLA BLA USE BIOMASS OR WHATEVER

there's only one type of energy that can come through and that's solar energy. using all conventional land for biomass (meaning you'd produce no food) wouldn't be sufficient for energy consumptions now let alone in 2020 or 2050.

I dunno, large-scale offshore wind farms sound like they could work.

Even if you do that, calculations show you wouldn't generate enough power for world consumption. You should of course still apply them, as they could account for a part of it, but they don't generate enough.

We discussed this in class today so hah.

Solar energy however, even factoring in day/night and current solar cell efficiency, is more than enough for everyone; it covers everything.

Admittedly, you'd need to cover about 0.16% of the earth's land surface with solar cells of an efficiency of about 10% to provide for all of the earth's energy consumption in 2020, but if you see the size of that square, you could just put that in the desert or something; or you could divide it up in essence. There's enough solar energy for it to be used everywhere, obv the Sahara would generate more power but you can use it in Europe too. If you were to place the whole thing in europe it'd kinda cover almost all of it though.

Reminder that this is Bristol and the guy she's being forced to wed:
bristolpalinbw2.bmp

i hope my daughter follows her example

Also just because
palindollds2.gif

palinpigui2.bmp

palinvoterepublicanit5.bmp

:)

Well for heaven's sake what are you going to do when all the oil is gone?

Are we not fucking researching alternative energy sources?
"If we use other countries' oil, we'll be fine but if we use our own we're screwed"
And also I'd like to know how we're going to be energy independent if we use other countries for oil this and oil that.

"If we use other countries' oil, we'll be fine but if we use our own we're screwed"
Yes, because those countries have had that part of their ecosystem raped already (well, unless it's in a desert or something where there isn't anything to rape) and Alaska is still beautiful and moderatly intact.
I mean hy the hell do you want to destroy Alaska's ecosystem for a couple of years worth of petrol for God's sake.

Back
Top Bottom