• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gold & Silver Remake Thread

Actually - real or not - I found a pic of a remake for gold and silver for the DS, go to google images and type "pokemon gold and silver remake"!!!

Fake man.....

I find it odd for Butterfree to revive this from the dead, but since she had I'll just mention something: I do NOT want the Suicune storyline. If they have to, make it like a subplot that happens later in the game. Also, expand upon the Battle Tower and make Goldenrod's Poke Center into a Poke Center/GTS thing, similar to how it was in the Japanese Crystal. Whirlpool could either be a move tutor move or a ninth HM, so that Whirl Islands and other places could still have em.

....Am I the only one that misses diving? It was a neat thing they added, then they go and remove it, along with Whirlpool.

I would like to see a Golden Sun and Silver Moon for the DS, but the only things I would change:

1) Make it so that after getting all the Unown Letters (Maybe add catching the Three Beasts so you don't get it right away), there is a room where you get the GS Ball so you can get Celebi (I don't know how the Japanese way of getting it was, but I want a bit more out of catching the all of them)

2) Putting a bit of Extra stuff in Kanto. I know that the GBC was limited, so that's why Kanto seemed kind of short, but with the DS, there's more memory, so it would be ncie to see a bit more. I don't mean making it a clone of R/B/G/Y, but I mean giving a little extra to it, like finding the R/B/G/Y Starter Pokemon, or expanding some parts of Kanto that were extremely short compared to R/B/G/Y like the Forest.

3) Unlock a secret using the Unown song. It was really weird to find as a kid, and it would be interesting if they used it some way. I don't want it to be plot related, or that would ruin the fun of the Mystery factor.

Besides those little things, G/S/C was, and still is my favorite Generation, so it would be awesome to see it with DS Graphics and updated music

....Am I the only one that misses diving?

No.

There should be a dive-place in the Unown Ruins maybe...! There were places to surf there, right? Maybe that could be a new side plot, new ruins discovered which were submerged under the water somehow.
EDIT: Or maybe Dive to get to the Whirl Islands, or to get around inside the Whirl Islands.

I never got to Kanto in my Silver game(I had way too much fun doing... everything else, but that Gameshark cutting our time together short by destroying the game didn't help), but I heard it was pretty half-assed-like. Definitely some improvement needs to be done there. I like Will0fD's ideas.

They definitely need to keep just about everything that was there before, too. The phone, the radio, the Sudowoodo in the path (where was that in RSE/DPPt? Random Pokemon in your way that you need to battle to get past?), headbutt trees, the Lapras that appeared on Friday nights... Oh, and getting to see your Pokemon in the daycare. That made it a lot more sentimental for me.

Besides all that, I heard somewhere in DPPt someone found Johto programmed as a possible origin for a Pokemon (like if you imported one from FRLG, it'd say it was from Kanto)... if this were true wouldn't it confirm Nintendo's intentions?
Edit: A screenshot of unknown origin, but showing what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Yeah, Johto is programmed as one of the places that a Pokemon can come from(eg Kanto, Hoenn). You can hack it like that...if there is a remake I'm training my most memorable Pokemon from Gold...my Kadabra. And even with the GTS and Wi-Fi I still won't evolve it. Memories...

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pokémon_game_to_be_announced_this_month

Yeah, lots of people think it's the remakes we've been waiting for. Even if it's not, the hype seems to be very big.

I'll bet it is. Since Platinum and Explorers of the Sky have finished their productions, Game Freak has to be working on something else. So, what would it be? Fans have practically been begging for G/S remakes, and there's not much else to be done with D/P, PMD2 series is finished, they just released a Pokemon game for non-portable devices, leaving two last options.

-A whole new Pokemon game entirely

-G/S remakes

If they were to make whole new Pokemon games, I think this might be a little too early, unless they were simply in the incredibly early stages. Platinum was just released in Japan in September, and in America in March, so it seems that it might be a bit too early. However, with Diamond and Pearl, they were announced around 2 years before the games were finally released, and in between this time, remakes of R/G came out, so they could be doing that.

However, there have been many hints pointing towards G/S remakes, and some of the hints were dead giveaways (Reservation of names, the Johto area thingy in D/P/Pt, and the fact that Ho-oh, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are the only legendaries unavailable in D/P/Pt). So I think there's a good 98% chance it's G/S remakes.

and the fact that Ho-oh, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are the only legendaries unavailable in D/P/Pt). So I think there's a good 98% chance it's G/S remakes.

Those five being the only unavailable legendaries by Platinum means I can actually fill up my Platinum Pokédex without needing to complete Colosseum or XD! :DDD

WELL KNOW I'M F***ING EXCITED!

Ahem. Sorry for that outburst. There is only speculation that it will be GSDS remakes, but those are the only games thst could really be possible at the moment unless they unveil a Gen. 5 title to be released in 3 years. Still, excited!

EDIT: Hey guys, click here plz!

That is awesome. Now I just have to survive one more week of school(and standardize testing as well) to find out what it really is. Gah, I wished they revealed it today. >_<

Last edited:
Bulbanews said:
The most recent episode previewed the annnouncement, showing two balls, one gold and one silver, which will be opened to unveil the announcement's subject.

If it's NOT a remake, then they're just being mean.

If it's NOT a remake, then they're just being mean.

Seriously, I would be so mad at them.

Plus don't forget that Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquil all are making appearances in the next Pokemon movie, so, uh, yeah there's enough evidence to say that it's definitely a G/S remake.

So let's start saying what our teams will be when we finally get to play it

So let's start saying what our teams will be when we finally get to play it

I always plan my teams out (like for the debut of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire) but my teams always change in-game since I capture Pokemon as needed.

For example, my Ruby Team was Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal, Wailord, and two other. I ended up with Sceptile, Swellow, Rayquaza, and Groudon. <3

All I know, I'm starting with Cyndaquil again, and I'm gonna catch a Scizor. And either Alakazam or Gengar.

Okay, the big announcement better be a GSC remake. As almost EVERYONE in this thread has stated it's the "best generation ever", I'm sure many fan letters have told of that. Let me think as the Pokémon creators for a moment:

What I would think if I was one of the Pokémon Creators said:
Well, there are a lot of fan letters about GSC. Several fans call it the "best generation ever", so maybe we should make the remake soon. But wait a minute, if it's really that special, perhaps we'll wait until the 10th anniversary of its release. That would make it more special!

That was fun!! Anyways, chances seem to be 99% that the game is GSC. However, if it's not, the Pokémon Creators should be very afraid of the fans, including me. (Summer's in a few weeks, and I think I can steal borrow some money to buy a plane ticket to Japan...) For their sake, it better be a GSC remake.

I think I want this to be about GSC more than some of you, though. Not that I think I'm better than anyone here, but I've loved Pokémon for as long as I can remember. The last generation is torture to imagine, because the majority of my life has had Pokémon in it. My first Pokémon games were Gold and Silver, because I got both on the same day.

On a lighter note, what do you want to change? I think having a side plot in the Ruins of Alph is a great idea. Perhaps it could explain why the radio signals are so odd there, and what the messages on the floors mean? (Maybe they were Crystal only, I'll have to check. I can read Unown, but what's the point?) Having a ruin hidden underwater sounds like a good idea, but I doubt they'll bring back Dive.

Extending Kanto sounds fun, too. It would be wonderful to bring back the Safari Zone in there, and maybe extend the Rockets' plot so that Giovanni makes an appearance to end Team Rocket "once and for all".

I want the levels of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four to be higher. Pidgeotto Level 9? Dragonites Levels 47, 47, and 50? BULLSHIT! Don't get me wrong, I loved the games. But if they lowered the E4 so Kanto wouldn't be too high leveled, how come only TWO, that's right, TWO trainers in the entire game go above Level 50?

I agree, the levels need to be more challenging. I also liked the idea they introduced in FR/LG where you could rebattle the E4 with higher levels, so I would like to see that in G/S/C remake. As for the GS Ball, I think they should add it so we fans that don't live in Japan can obtain Celebi.

I think adding the Safari Zone is a must. I was dissapointed when I realized G/S/C didn't have one.

Adding extra events to Kanto is also a good idea! It would make the game more exciting.

ayrote.jpg

<Eevee> some dude I kinda know showed me over im
<Eevee> so could be totally bogus

speculate to your desire

oh, and from what I could make out, it's 'Ta-' or 'Da-'something Gold and blob Silver. The big characters at the top read 'Johto Region'.

ayrote.jpg

<Eevee> some dude I kinda know showed me over im
<Eevee> so could be totally bogus

speculate to your desire

oh, and from what I could make out, it's 'Ta-' or 'Da-'something Gold and blob Silver. The big characters at the top read 'Johto Region'.

Just a little thing to point out, aren't the "Wifi Connection" marks on the top of the DS insignia? Probably fake boxart. And look at the edge of the world map. It looks nothing like Johto.

*er-hem* returning to the topic at hand. I already stated earlier in this thread that Larvitar, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Houndour, and others I can't think of need to be placed earlier in the game.

WE ALSO NEED THE EVOLUTION STONES EARLIER IN THE GAME. Seriously, having a Weepinbell until right before the second to last gym is not fun at all. ;_;

Back
Top Bottom