• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Has Pokemon ever embarrassed you?

When I first got Pokémon Yellow (First game!) I got stuck at the old man in Viridian City. I told my Dad to take it back to the shop. I think he went online and found out how to get through. He did it for me. I also got him to help me against Lt. Surge. I was 5, but when I look back at it, it is quite embarrassing. My Dad now knows almost nothing about Pokémon, and it feels kind of weird that he helped me.
A similar thing happened to me in not Pokémon, but Chrono Trigger. He - that is, my Dad - figured I was walking counter-clockwise in the End of time, which is why I always failed at that.

Pokémon... A guy said he found a paper of mine with the Unown on it, and said he put it on youtube. He's really mean like that... Ah well, I'll probably never see him again.

I was trying to talk really fast to my parents, and I accidentally said "Cyrus" instead of "popcorn". They didn't notice. (Hey, I was reading a fanfic.)

Never embarrassed me. XD Actually, when some idiots last year made fun of me for playing Pokemon (during the invisionfree days), well, instead of losing my cool like I normally would, I actually tried daring them to come to the forums and say that on the guest boards because I wanted to see them and their stupid arguments blow up in their faces

Alas, they never came D:

Never embarrassed me. XD Actually, when some idiots last year made fun of me for playing Pokemon (during the invisionfree days), well, instead of losing my cool like I normally would, I actually tried daring them to come to the forums and say that on the guest boards because I wanted to see them and their stupid arguments blow up in their faces

Alas, they never came D:

Lul.

Once I accidentally said Furret instead of ferret. And on another occasion I said Pokemon instead of animal. That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's more.

I decided to bring My Silver Version to school one day. I fell asleep. When I checked my pocket's it wasn't there. I literally had a very bad panic attack and was literally looking around on the bus. Then I realized it was in the pocket on my shirt.

I've numerously mistaken certain animals for Pokewmon names like Furret.

Pokemon wouldn't have been embarrassing if stupid Yu-Gi-Oh hadn't decided to come out.

I decided to bring My Silver Version to school one day. I fell asleep. When I checked my pocket's it wasn't there. I literally had a very bad panic attack and was literally looking around on the bus. Then I realized it was in the pocket on my shirt.

Wouldn't you notice the big lump in your shirt?

Caught doodling a Charizard in Spanish class, "Oh, look it's a pokeyman"

Not really embaressing but it ticked me off >.>

I was playing my Diamond version at middle school when I was in 8th grade. Another 8th grader [one of those Mexicans (no offense to any Mexicans) who acts like a gangster] came and started to make fun of me. That really hurt my feelings.

Never embarassed me.

I embarassed myself, though. Randomly stated how far I was in Pokemon Gold in first grade. ^^;

Pokemon Yellow. Oh god, Pokemon Yellow.

-I was five, and it was my first time playing. I couldn't get out of the house. Opened the menu, pressed exit, nothing happens. I go to my cousins house and she shows me to walk out through the "rug". I owe her one.

-"Hey! Ash could beat Onix with Pikachu, why can't I! D:"

-I thought repeatedly healing at the Pokemon Center would make me stronger.

-I let my brothers beat most of it for me (getting through difficult parts, catching legends, etc.)

-I actually let some random kid do Lavender Tower for me, even though it's simple.

-It took me 105 hours to beat it

-I beat Gold before I beat it

One of my friends called me a Pokemon lover in front of a bunch of other high schoolers, even though I only had Diamond at that time, and he had almost all of them since Ruby/Sapphire. He also made fun of my favorite Pokemon. He is no longer my friend. :evil:

I'm on the bus with my 5 year old cousin. Me attempting to convince him that Lopunny is not Dragon-type, contrary to what his toy Pokedex says. He screams,
"Lopunny is a dwagon type! MY POKYDEX SES SO I KNOW MORE ABOOT POKYMANS DEN OO! AND IT COMBINES INTO TURTWIG!!"

Everybody staring at me, and some laughing at me. I wanted to strangle somebody, I really did.
:dead:

Everyone always asks why I like Pokémon/Pikachu so much. I used to try to explain, but I stopped, since that makes me even more embarrased. See, I received a Pikachu plushie from my little sister a while back and put it in my school bag. The next day, I was looking for a textbook and found it in my bag, and unfortunately, this girl I do not get along with was behind me when I pulled it out, and asked loudly (we were in a crowded hallway) why I had a stuffed Pikachu in my bag.

I try to keep low now, but everyone still asks that question. At least my friends are fine with my obsession.

Everyone typically knows that I like playing Pokemon, so I've been embarrassed minimally.

However, there have been multiple times where I've typed/written Spearow instead of sparrow. That one is a fun one to explain.

Not really, no. Once when I was little I'd been looking throguh a picture about garden birds with my Gran and I saw a sparrow in it, later I was asking her about the birds and i accidentally said 'Spearow'.

Also, I have no idea how people could mistake the pronunciation as 'Pock-uh-man', even though looking throguh this thread it seems to happen numerous times. Why and how?

Back
Top Bottom