• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Pokewalk.

...I had one of those Pocket Pikachu things. It hated me with a passion, and I couldn't get it to like me again. ;_; Perhaps this thing won't be so bad, but I still can't see myself wearing it, even if it is a pedometer-- can you picture how awkward that would be, wearing a Pokeball on your hip? Even in my school where everyone's gung-ho about Pokemon, it would look very peculiar. But, hey. Good move on their part, to get Pokemon fans out off the couch and walking.

...Hey, I just realized, it's kinda like daycare isn't it? One step per experience point? I wonder if you could use it to hatch eggs?

Jay! Getting SoulSilver definately, even though it means I'll have 5 games running at once (Red, Sapphire, Pearl, Platinum, SS).

And starter? Chikorita, without a doubt. I love Chikorita.

Anyone think that the 'Gotta SEE 'em all' thing will carry over from D/P/Pt? I hope so!

They most likely will not bring over the "See Em all" thing. Professor Elm doesn't opperate that way, and when Oak came to Sinnoh, he didn't check if you saw them, but rather if you caught them. Still, they might.

Meh, but with the fact that elm studied Pokemon births, I wonder what changes will be made in that regard. Or are they gonna be stupid, and make some new set of islands? Something tells me there's going to have to be some effort put in in order to trade with D/P/Pt.

I'd win at the Pokewalk during school walks, twenty minutes both ways, I'd just put it out of sight...my school majoritively sees pokemon as immature foolishness...

...I would wear the crap out of the Pokewalk. I'd do tons more walking XDD Come to me, my Totodile army~ <3

Yeah, Olivine needs an actual puzzle. And a few underlings =/

You already had to go through the Lighthouse to be able to fight Jasmine though...

And the gym is steel type. That bothered me so much back in the day that I actually skipped Jasmine and beat Pryce first. Then come back and smash the evil Steelix with the Red Gyarados.

So I'm also going to say no to underlings and a puzzle...

The Pokewalk sounds awesome. Rather than hide in my room on my DS all day, I could walk around Walmart or somewhere looking like a total geek. :3 It would be a lot less tedious than normal breeding.

I think most gyms need an overhaul in HGSS; GSC's puzzles were nowhere near the current standards. Olivine is the one that I most want to stay the same, because of the lighthouse thing, and just that I get nostalgic whenever I go near it.

Poor Jasmine...she was probably too shy to ask for a gym design or underlings.

"Um...excuse me...Mr. Hiker? Could you...erm, um...could...uh...nevermind, sorry!" *Dashes off*

They better keep Bug Catching Contests. But maybe they could have different prizes?

And Olivine is fine the way it is. I remember my favorite thing about Olivine was the lighthouse. Jasmine was like, the hardest Gym Leader ever. (I'm talking for the people who didn't start with Cyndaquil.) Steel types always gave me trouble in Gold/Silver.

Last edited:
Update! Appears that Kyogre and Groudon appear, most likely after the Elite Four, and if you get them both, then you can access Rayquaza? (maybe). Also new artwork of Elm and Silver, and Cynthia with Arceus surrounded by three circles. Discuss nao.

Your rivals new art = WIN.
He looks... cool. Coolio. BD
At first I was going to get SoulSilver, but it seems you get Groudon in there. Unless it's event specific (which it probley won't be because it's version specific) I'll be getting HeartGold as of now because Kyogre > Groudon.
The Rayquaza and the promise of an in-game Arceus look great though! Maybe the thre circles represent the three roaming animals? Move over Ho-oh, there's a new legandary in town, and he's stealing your posse. >:D
On the subject of the three dogs, I hope they're included in here again. I mean, it's obviouse they will be, but I hope they don't get shoved into the background much. I really want a Suicune. X3

Argh no can serebii!

Can somebody post them up with imagecross, that way I can see 'em, I can't use home comp, and school blocks bulby and serebii...T-T

Last edited:
Wait what? I don't understand why Kyogre is HeartGold exclusive and Groudon SoulSilver exclusive. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the other way around? ...I want a Kyogre but....but Lugia's cooler than Ho-oh. FFFFF.

Aww, looks like Rival didn't get sexy new man-capris. Cool new art of him, though.

I'm not so sure about this Pokewalk thing. If it comes bundled with the US release, I guess I'll end up with it no matter what, but I don't know how much I'd actually use it. :\

Love the new art; but I agree, shouldn't Kyogre be on Soul Silver and Groudon on Heart Gold? I'd think they would keep the original Water on Silver and Fire on Gold....

Whoa hay daaaaaamn

I approve of the new Silver art. He looks so badass *__* <33

Wait, they got the whole Groudon/SS and Kyogre/HG thing backwards right?
That's weird @_@;

Back
Top Bottom